Sodexo Reviews

Updated September 19, 2014
3.2

Sodexo CEO Michel Landel
Michel Landel

Pros
  • Good benefits work balance is sometimes hard to achieve (in 11 reviews)

• The main plus of working as a food service worker is the free food (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Top heavy retain upper management above unit even though lost accounts (in 10 reviews)

• At least there was not a lot of room for advancement in my area (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Be prepared to work long hours

Current Employee - Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Sodexo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great advancement, especially if you are willing to move

Cons

LONG hours. Worked at several accounts and 11-12 hour days and working from home is the norm

Quality of life is a tag line not just for the logo and business cards.

Great job but it's only seasonal

Current Employee - Food Service Worker  in  Poughkeepsie, NY
    Current Employee - Food Service Worker in Poughkeepsie, NY

I have been working at Sodexo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Management posts whenever there are extra shifts available. They give you two breaks first one is a 15 minute break and the second one is a half of hour break. Employee discount is awesome (free food because it's 100% employee discount). You also get a free uniform and plus it's also a union job so if your fulltime then you get health benefits and also 401K benefits

Cons

Some co-workers love to gossip about pretty much everyone. Whenever extra shifts become available it's based on seniority and the people with seniority will try to act like they are your boss. Pay could be better!

Ups and downs like any job.

I have been working at Sodexo

Pros

Weekly pay, flexible schedules, and free food

Cons

Drama, disrespectful coworkers, inexperinced management

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sodexo at Toyota Park

Current Employee - Expeditor
    Current Employee - Expeditor

I have been working at Sodexo part-time for more than a year

Pros

I have very few pros but I'll start with the fact that I really like my hourly wages here. I enjoy the fun atmosphere created by my coworkers and I.

Cons

Working for Sodexo at Toyota park has been a nightmare. Sodexo came into Toyota Park in 2012 and I have been there from the beginning. The management is confused at best. Through two years we have had at minimum three different management teams and at one point we had no manager which caused supervisors to conflict with each other while trying to take the head position. There is absolutely no incentive for individuals to stay with Sodexo at Toyota Park. Sometimes there will only be one or two events a month which falls on the event planner and not Sodexo however the lack of hours we receive can be attributed to Sodexo. This company tries to have workers there a bare minimum of hours causing an unsuccessful service to our customers. By having no incentive to work there because the hours provided barely equate to the cost and headache traveling to and from the stadium, they are extremely understaffed. This puts unnecessary stress on workers that can actually threaten ones health working in 90 plus degree temperatures with no fan,air conditioning, or breaks. I have literally witnessed my beloved coworkers getting transported from work to the hospital via ambulance due to heat related illnesses. Working concerts which can be 12 hour days in the summer no breaks are provided. There is not enough staff to cover breaks if need be for example there is only one cook and if that cook needs a break there is nobody there to relieve that individual. One can ask to go to the bathroom like a child asking for permission though. Due to these reasons as well as quite a few more I have no choice but to resign from my current position that I have successfully kept for what would be 7 years if I completed this season. This also brings up another great reason to not work there I have been employed at Toyota Park for over 6 years now and was hired by Sodexo when they took over in 2012 and they have no respect for seniority which is my final straw with this company. Individuals who just got hired with in the last year or two if even have been promoted to stand leads and supervisors disregarding a written agreement with our union to promote based on seniority. This contributes to why we cannot provide our customers with a satisfactory experience because the individuals who have been there for many years that know that stadium inside and out are being treated very unfairly and completely disrespected which leads to great workers like myself walking away from a job that they truly love.

All I can say is get it together. Many managers there have no clue what it is like to work at the bottom and I doubt they will ever understand how to run that stadium successfully. Treat employees with respect and make them feel comfortable and happy working there. In fact maybe if you truly promoted from within based on seniority as you claim to you would have a much better return on your investment being at Toyota Park because the individuals that have started at the bottom can provide great feedback as to how to successful run the stands and keep customers coming back.

Jun 10, 2014Employment Branding Sourcing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm very sorry to hear about the situation you have described, as it is not the usual. To speak specifically to your point about seniority and ... More

it was a great experience to learn about housekeeping.

Former Employee - Housekeeper  in  Valhalla, NY
    Former Employee - Housekeeper in Valhalla, NY

I worked at Sodexo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

to learn how houskeeping operat.

Cons

get a long with some of the managers.

try be alittle bit more caring with the worker

Decent job for college

Former Employee - Dining
    Former Employee - Dining

I worked at Sodexo part-time

Pros

The best part about this job was the flexibility with my schedule. They really did whatever they could to work around your class schedule. This is a perfect job if you're looking for an easy job to have during college.

Cons

This is a typical college job. Pays minimum and not all employees care about their performance. If you care and do your best, you'll be golden.

Sodexo Quality of Life Service

Current Employee - General Manager Facilities  in  Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - General Manager Facilities in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Sodexo full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good solid stable company to work for.

Cons

Having to relocate to other states.

May 27, 2014Employment Branding Sourcing Manager

Thank you for your review and your 10+ years of service at Sodexo! We appreciate it and hope you enjoy many more years with us.

Great management

Former Employee - Human Resources  in  Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Sodexo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very diverse workplace with supportive leadership and learning opportunities

Cons

At the time - a little bit of uncertainty - but management helped us through it.

n/a

May 27, 2014Employment Branding Sourcing Manager

I appreciate you taking the time to post a review. It's really great to hear that you found management to be both supportive and helpful, and I hope you were able to take advantage of our many ... More

Been with Sodexo 10 years

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Vestal, NY
    Current Employee - Cashier in Vestal, NY

I have been working at Sodexo full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Love the job and students and how many jobs could you get with summers off!

Cons

as any other job sometimes Upper mangers Can look down on us,and after Union contract was in place a year later they changed attendance policy never had a write up before Until this year due to medical problems of my child I missed time..and attandance policy was Never explained I blame damn Union tho never told us about changes which I feel should of been voted in..they say it was sodexo call

Would be nice to hear good job once in awhile

Sodexo has proven to be a company, for which, I could work indefinitely!

Current Employee - Catering Server
    Current Employee - Catering Server

I have been working at Sodexo part-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoy the exciting environment in which I work. My co-workers are professional, confident, hard working, and friendly. The company embraces its employees for their dedication and loyalty.

Cons

The company is huge and serves many contracts world-wide. While I really enjoy the job that I acquired in Texas where much of my family resides, my hopes of remaining with Sodexo are challenged by the fact that I have not been able to find a Sodexo job at home in Los Angeles. There are many jobs available but the hiring process is arduous, with no transferability from my current location, and wages is Los Angeles are lower that in Texas for the same types of work!

Sodexo is an extraordinary company. I have heard from other employees and have experienced for myself the difficulty of trying to remain with the company in the event of relocation. Perhaps an in-company transfer opportunity job board would help those of us who want or need to relocate.

Apr 29, 2014Employment Branding Sourcing Manager

We love to hear reviews like this and hope you will be able to work for Sodexo as long as you're able. If you're having a tough time finding a position in a new location, I would encourage you to ... More

Worked for Sodexo? Contribute to the Community!