Sodexo USA
www.sodexo.jobs Gaithersburg, MD 5000+ Employees

Sodexo USA Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Sodexo USA Group Chief Operating Officer, Chief Executive Officer, North America, On-site Services George Chavel

George Chavel

Pros:
  • "Sodexo has great benefits, including flexible work arrangements"
    in 19 reviews
  • "Good benefits/Paid vacation/Sick time/401 K/Retirement"
    in 18 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper management needs to learn the job before trying to change how we do it"
    in 16 reviews
  • "There can be long hours and difficult tasks to complete"
    in 12 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Rewarding

Food Service Manager (Former Employee)
    Parris Island, SC

ProsAll of the available training to all members of management and for the employees. The training was available on and off site. The company took developing their employees seriously.

ConsMaintaining a crucial balance between work, family, personal health, extended family obligations and other responsibilities was almost always a challenging endeavor.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement work more closely with employees and understanding their circumstances.

Flag Review
    Sodexo USA Employment Branding Sourcing Manager responded to this review Jun 10, 2014 EditDelete
    Thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear you found your time at Sodexo to be rewarding and that the training available was valuable to you. While maintaining balance may be a challenge in ... More

Wealth of resources for comprehnsive business solutions

Brand Management (Current Employee)

ProsMulti service company, room for growth and career development

Conscross divisional silos are being converted into national and global teams - the outcomes will be strong

Flag Review
    Thanks for your post. It's great to hear you feel you'll be able to grow and develop. If you need additional information on training opportunities, there are several resources available on SodexoNet.

Sodexo in Wilmington, DE

Retail Supervisor (Current Employee)
    Wilmington, DE

ProsAn excellent opportunity to reenter food service.
    Gives me the ability to use my skills to the maximum.
    The customers are a pleasure to serve.

ConsLack of leadership.
    Managers are managers not leaders.
    Unit does not grow employees properly

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow your company values with respect to your employees and each other.

Flag Review
    Thank you for sharing your feedback. As a current employee, I would recommend taking the initiative on your growth and development plan if you are interested in moving up to management. Reach out to ... More
  • We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

its been ok management could be better

Food Service Worker (Current Employee)
    Jersey City, NJ

Prosif you work in the right place there are ways to move up in the company

Consthe management they hire do not meet there job requirements

For little , the pay is slightly above average but the work is mostly all manual labor and weekly hours are low.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExperienced Management, Competitive Pay, Very Flexible Hours, Great for college aged students. Overall, I would recommend this company

ConsThe work you do is all manual labor, lots of pushing carts, carrying tables. You will be sore after some long shifts.

Not what they claim

Administrative Assist (Current Employee)

ProsThe pay is ok; company contribution to 401k is big plus. I have a lot of different types of responsibilities which is giving me new experience to add to my resume.

ConsNo support from management at any level. Training is very, very weak, need to figure things out on my own. Have not had a single performance appraisal, well have been asked to appraise myself but have never sat with superiors to discuss performance. Communication is non-existent. Despite big claims of employee recognition and growth there are few actual opportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement (district and above) needs to know key front line employees. Focus on developing talent from within. Open clear line of communication between unit personnel and corporate support offices, with clear, easily located contact information. This is a very disjointed company and trying to find resources for assistance is extremely difficult.

Lead experience

ProsGreat hours, friendly people, great experience as a work palce overall

ConsLots of hours, Willing to have a open schedule, and many responsibilities

Sodexo Food Service worker

Food Service Worker (Current Employee)
    Mays Landing, NJ

ProsThere are no pros to working for this company

ConsThis company has very low value of there workers.We work hard to make them money and they give us nothing in return.We are union and our manager does nothing according to our contract. This company has started people at $8.00hr for the past 9yrs. They give poor raises and now are talking about making everybody pt and losing our benefits. If i could find another job atleast making what i make now i would leave in a heartbeat.

Advice to Senior ManagementTeach your GM's how to respect workers and treat them like humans.

Just a Job

Human Resources Office Assistant (Former Employee)
    Pittsburgh, PA

ProsFor a student employee there are good perks

ConsVery little effective training, office procedures are very inefficient but rigid so creative solutions to that are often shot down

Not bad as long as you're not looking for upward mobility

Event Staff (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsMy peers are fun and the environment can be laid back as long as the work gets done

ConsUpper management is always looking for ways to save but doesn't consider what we need in order to execute an event effectively. They would rather hire other management from outside the company rather than looking at the people who do the job day in and day out.

Advice to Senior ManagementAt least give someone a chance to prove themselves before you overlook them.

Flag Review
    I appreciate you taking the time to post your review. When it comes to promotion and advancement, we do offer a great amount of training and development, even for frontline employees. If you have ... More

Worked for Sodexo USA? Contribute to the Community!

Sodexo USA Videos

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sodexo USA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sodexo USA CEO George Chavel . All 326 reviews posted anonymously by Sodexo USA employees.