Sodexo USA Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
3.1
Sodexo USA Group Chief Operating Officer, Chief Executive Officer, North America, On-site Services George Chavel
George Chavel

Pros
  • Work life balance is great at Sodexo (in 12 reviews)

• Great benefits with employees who really care about their work (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor support for upper management (in 19 reviews)

• There can be long hours and difficult tasks to complete (in 16 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Great People at Sodexo

I have been working at Sodexo USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In addition to working with great people, I have benefited from many of the company provided training opportunities. The additional skills and experience have allowed me to be considered for promotions for positions I wasn't qualified for before. I look forward to growing more with Sodexo.

Cons

Being such a huge company, it's easy to feel like a blip on the radar. You have to make an effort to stay connected with what's happening companywide by reading email updates and using the company intranet.

Advice to Management

Keep offering training and developement to all level of employees.

Sodexo USA Response

Feb 10, 2015 – Employment Branding Sourcing Manager

I do appreciate you taking the time to post a review and am thrilled to hear you've benefited from the training opportunities available. To your point about Sodexo being so big, you are correct that ... More

2. Good Place to work

Current Employee - Manager in Gaithersburg, MD
    Current Employee - Manager in Gaithersburg, MD

Pros

The culture at Sodexo is supportive and inclusive. The people at Sodexo take pride in their work and are professional. My pay is good and there are opportunities for advancement. I have been able to move up the ladder here and learn while feeling like I am really contributing and making a difference. The benefits are also okay. I feel like my Managers really takes an interest in my career and helping me to succeed. The work is exciting and challenging. There is a caring and honest attitude at the office.

Cons

I could use more resources. There never seems to be enough time to get all the work done.

Advice to Management

There are good people in the organization that you should listen to.

3. Sodexo - Always A Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager

Pros

Sodexo's commitment to diversity is one of the reasons I love working for the company. That dedication makes us a strong company. One whose strengths are in the differences we can overcome. Sodexo takes care of employees just like it takes care of clients. I would recommend this company to my family and friends if they were looking for a career.

Cons

Is there supposed to be a downside? I am not so sure that I can list any. My career with Sodexo has been like a walk in the park. The opportunities for advancement are wonderful. Perhaps the only downside could be that with a worldwide company, there is a great deal of hierarchy.

Advice to Management

Continue talking with everyone in the company. If you have any input with SodexoNet, make it ieasier to find things.

5. Patients and Residents are the heart of everything we do at Sodexo Health Care

Current Employee - Senior Director, Human Resources in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Director, Human Resources in Nashville, TN

Pros

I have worked for Sodexo for 25 years and would not consider any other contract management company. Our Patient and Resident experience drives how we view our work in the Health Care and Seniors divisions. The work culture makes the difference in how we approach business, always striving to make the Patient and Resident the heart of everything we do.

Cons

Sometimes our company is "siloed" which makes it difficult to make changes.

Advice to Management

Embrace the concept of making all experiences memorable for each and every employee, patient, resident, and guest.

6. Work and family too!

Current Employee - Kitchen Manager
    Current Employee - Kitchen Manager

Pros

Sodexo is a very positive place to work they really seem to care about there employees and are understanding that we have a life and family outside of work also. We get regular reviews and raises and have a very good benifits plan. Good training programs and special events. Lots of room for advancment.

Cons

I work in a section that is not year round and it can become difficult to make ends meet during certain times of the year. Some times the communication can be lacking. There tends to be a very repetitive amount of paperwork.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what your doing.

7. Sodexo is a great company to work for. There are a lot of opprotunities and pay and benefits are great!

Current Employee - General Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - General Manager in Austin, TX

Pros

Sodexo is a great company to work for. They treat you with fairness and respect. The company's CEO and the Executive Team are committed to help and support the employees' growth and development because the company continues to grow and needs to retain the talent it already has in their employees and to be able to recruit new talent to fullfil the many new positions that are created every day. Believe me, when you work for a company with more than 110,000 employees in the US and more than 340,000 in the world, and that is still growing even in the current environment, there are always opportunities for new positions. Also, the company is expanding the lines of business to offer more services to their clients, so there is an increasing number of positions for jobs that the organization did not have before.

Cons

Probably one downside is the fact that it is a highly decentrilized organization and you work at the client's site, so some times is like you don't belong to any of the organizations but you have to keep in constant contact with your District Manager and participate of meetings with other managers to maintain your link to the bigger organization. Also, some times the District Manager has many accounts and things to do and it is a little bit difficult to get enough time with them. There is a good intranet to help stay connected but there is not enough time in the day to visit frecuently.

Advice to Management

They can improve the amount of support for the District Manager because her job is probably the toughest in the company. They have a lot of responsibility and sometimes not enough time to be closer to their managers and clients. Also, you have to better communicate the many good things that each business unit does, because sometimes we do great things in the field and nobody knows about it and we don't get to know what others are doing successfully. We many times reinvent the wheel. Also, communicate what happens in other markets in the same region, like what hospital accounts are in the same area with campus dinning or corporate accounts and then the managers can share best practices and feel more connected to the organization.

8. Rewarding

Current Employee - Retail Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Retail Manager in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Able to express ideals to leader ship

Cons

Sometimes long hours .Need to get paid for longer hours

Advice to Management

Ask on a matter you come across before asuming the worst

9. Awesome Company to work for!!!

Current Employee - General Manager in Bartlesville, OK
    Current Employee - General Manager in Bartlesville, OK

Pros

Diversity Great Support from Upper Management

Cons

High turnover with hourly staff

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Excellent organization worldwide opportunities to advance

Current Employee - District Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - District Manager in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Total autonomy, make numbers and take care of your clients. Do this and it will be the best job you've ever had. Great benefits great boss, flexible schedules. Autonomy to run your district like a portfolio manager but there are tons of corporate resources to ensure success from HR, Finance, and Marketing

Cons

Travel can be extensive, but part of the job.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job!

11. Overall great place to work

Current Employee - Director Fo Finance in Gaithersburg, MD
    Current Employee - Director Fo Finance in Gaithersburg, MD

I have been working at Sodexo USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Inclusive culture, management is accessible. Very much what you make of it.

Cons

At some point you become limited as to what you can do unless you're extremely specialized.

Advice to Management

Continue to create opportunities internally.

RSS Feed </> Embed