Sodexo USA

Sodexo USA Reviews

Updated August 16, 2014
Updated August 16, 2014

3.2

Sodexo USA Group Chief Operating Officer, Chief Executive Officer, North America, On-site Services George Chavel
George Chavel

Pros
  • Sodexo has great benefits, including flexible work arrangements (in 19 reviews)

• Good benefits/Paid vacation/Sick time/401 K/Retirement (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • The upper management I feel does not care what so ever about us (in 18 reviews)

• There can be long hours and difficult tasks to complete (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

Not good for healthcare

Pros

Work experience for future job hunting.

Cons

Really don't provide clients with cost savings so contracts come and go along with employment. Very heavily marketed top heavy company with lots of dishonest sales people out to score a bonus. Try to act like a family business but don't follow thru. People in my area are like robots. Very routine and unrewarding work. Jobs in healthcare lack opportunity for individual expression and satisfaction.

Honesty and integrity are more valuable then money. Cut the high cost of high paid upper and middle management and show clients a true savings to retain contracts. Better transparency is crucial. Treat long term committed employees better by offering severance or bridges to new jobs.

Aug 18, 2014Employment Branding Sourcing Manager

I'm sorry to hear about the experiences you have described. While every unit is different, our management positions in healthcare and our other job environments provide the opportunity to make a ... More

management sucks , no room for advancement

Current Employee - Line Server  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Line Server in Chicago, IL

Pros

met some great people that i will continue to build a friendship with....

Cons

Hours suck during slow time of year might get 20 hours per week , pay sucks for all that's entitled to be done....

keep your personal life at home and listen to your employees, lower prices

So-so

Pros

Education division is great for working parents as summers have reduced workload (or seasonal lay-off). Benefits offered are actually pretty good relative to the area lived/worked in.

Cons

Company policy is subject to management interpretation at each account location, so fair treatment of employees is not always consistent. Annual wage increases are a joke, just enough to patronize an already disenfranchised employee.

Closing the gap between management and employees by treating people like people, and not like numbers on a dashboard.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

College Job

Former Employee - Production  in  Steubenville, OH
    Former Employee - Production in Steubenville, OH

Pros

it was nice to find a job in the Field of Specialty being loaded with chef experience. jumped right in without extensive training

Cons

Schedule mainly the same as required classes. The level of production they they bang out requires some employees to be graduated

It would be a win-win for all if internships would be available so students can get the experience while focusing on their main vocation being their education...The student get the hours require and the facility gets free labor.

Aug 18, 2014Employment Branding Sourcing Manager

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review. I'm happy to hear you gained some experience in your field during college but do want to note that we have many paid internship opportunities ... More

Good Opportunity

Former Employee - Food Service Supervisor  in  Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Food Service Supervisor in Huntsville, AL

Pros

Great employee benefits, new equipment.

Cons

Overworked under new management that was not capable of their job, stressful. Management said they would address problems but didn't.

Good for Students in Need of Part TIme

Former Employee - General Labor  in  Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - General Labor in Augusta, GA

Pros

Great for students in need of work that fits around their school schedule.

Cons

Not much opportunity to move upwards for students.

good job

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Cashier in Washington, DC

Pros

great pay , good company

Cons

none its a good company .

Impressive contract services company

Current Employee - Senor Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senor Manager in Houston, TX

Pros

Great systems for training and developing

Cons

Some Senior Management do not seem to show the quality and skills you'd expect for a high end contract services company that seeks the quality of life for its clientele.

Evaluate your VP's and District Managers, then continue onto your General Managers and see if they are really fit for the job. This does not go to everyone, only those select few.

Jul 15, 2014Employment Branding Sourcing Manager

Thanks for sharing your review with us. It's great to hear you've found value in the training & development programs Sodexo offers. In regards to your concerns about select managers, our Talent ... More

All around good company to work for.

Current Employee - Conference Services Manager
    Current Employee - Conference Services Manager

Pros

Interested in employee concerns and overall work life

Cons

a bit slow to react to those concerns

treat everyone the way you would want to be treated

Jun 27, 2014Employment Branding Sourcing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am happy to hear you have had a positive during your time here and hope you will continue to grow your career at Sodexo.

Horrible company to work for!

Former Employee - Child Nutrition Specialist
    Former Employee - Child Nutrition Specialist

Pros

I worked for Sodexo for 5 years. I loved my job for the first several years, and worked very hard for them despite being partially disabled. Only took two sick days in 5 years, both times on Doctor's orders.

Cons

By my 4th year there, I was approaching the $10-an-hour mark, and had become second-in-command at the Unit where I worked, Midway thru that 4th year, they cut my hours from 4.5 per day, to 2 hours a day, chalking it up to "cutbacks", despite the fact that I had seniority over everyone else at the unit where I worked (I had even been there longer than my supervisor at that time), and they never cut anyone else's hours...... at the same time, management began creating a hostile work environment, with all kinds of double standards and mind games. I ended up having a nervous breakdown and am now on full disability.

If you've got someone who is loyal and hard-working, as I was, don't abuse them and by all means do everything you can to keep that person happy at their job!

Worked for Sodexo USA? Contribute to the Community!