Sodexo USA Reviews

Reset

1. Good Company but lots of hours

Current Employee - Executive Chef
    Current Employee - Executive Chef

I have been working at Sodexo USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

good benefits if you take advantage of the discounts

Cons

work lots of hours and the raises are mediocre at best

2. Cashier

I worked at Sodexo USA

Pros

The pay is really on time and they are good for giving necessary student breaks . They are also concerned about how you are doing in your studies

Cons

Organization and management is not good. One manager says one thing to do and another says the other. Not too organized

Advice to Management

Need some improvement in organisational structure.

3. A very engaged and fast paced environment on a Campus setting.

Current Employee - Office Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Office Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Sodexo USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ability to learn more about Food Services on a Campus setting, develop better customer service skills and educate myself in the corporate setting.

Cons

Unable to socialize as often with outside employees or staff of Sodexo. Not enough administration support and space for work environment.

Advice to Management

Please don't limit the amount of hours given if an account is as hectic and understaff.

5. Terrible Company

Former Employee - IT Analyst in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - IT Analyst in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Sodexo USA

Pros

The Pros are really not there for this company. I personally have no idea how I wasted such a larger amount of time at a company that promotes untalented, unintelligent HACKs for leadership.

Cons

Management, is old and has no vision of the future. They are NOT collaborative and only care about the person above them!

Advice to Management

My advice would would be to fire all management in IS&T and start over again... Trust me it won't get worse and maybe if you hire correctly, it could potentially get better!

6. Manager

Current Employee - Clinical Nutrition Manager in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Clinical Nutrition Manager in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Sodexo USA

Pros

Lots of communication from company

Cons

Raises are minimal because of the locked in amount contracted with the client

7. catering, prep-cook, asst. chef

Current Employee - Assistant Chef in Ogden, UT
    Current Employee - Assistant Chef in Ogden, UT

I have been working at Sodexo USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love the work environment and creating a quality product. I have also enjoyed working with the college students at Weber State University and helping them achieve their goals.

Cons

None so far. I have worked for Sodexo in Ogden Utah at Weber State University for 3 1/2 years and loved it. My husband is being stationed in Phoenix Az, so we have to move and I would like to continue with Sodexo.

Advice to Management

I have worked for great management thus far, so it would be very difficult for me to give and constructive advice. Sodexo is a well-run organization that I've been glad to be a part of.

Sodexo USA Response

Apr 27, 2015Employment Branding Sourcing Manager

Thank you very much for sharing your insight. Please work with your manager, HR or recruiter to discuss finding a position when you relocate. Thank you for your years of service, and if you have ... More

8. standard corporate company.

Current Employee - Executive Chef in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Executive Chef in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sodexo USA

Pros

Consistent, you know what your getting. Good training. Possible career growth.

Cons

A bad client can hamper your career. Losing accounts to bids.

9. HOF and BOF Management,All Retail, Cash ,Payroll GM Duties

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Edison, NJ
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Edison, NJ

I worked at Sodexo USA

Pros

Good Company 14 years would love to stay.

Cons

Losing contacts, downsizing, layoffs promoting within

Advice to Management

Keep good workers!! loyal

10. kitchen

Current Employee - Kitchen Crew
    Current Employee - Kitchen Crew

I have been working at Sodexo USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's sad to say there for no pros

Cons

Management is very unprofessional they don't train there employee and inspect you to do a job supervisors are very on respectable to employees they make rules on only certain people are accountable for very unfair to their employees supervisor harasses people and when it's reported scaring them in not filing against them so they get away with it. They think that because they have been there for a long time that they can get away with. I am only there because I have bills and have to keep a roof over my head. Can't 2it it first.e another job.personally I think that they are giving people a bad name for them to fine jobs. only allows there employees 4'00 dollars to eat knowing that it is more then that to eat. They don't offer as much as the hospital does. Hospital employees get free Medicare and only have.to pay there deductible. The insurance is so high that people can't even get it because they can't afford it. As big as this company is I can't believe that they don't offer more. Employees also get points for days missed even if you have a doctor's excuse. What are you supposed to do get fired for getting sick what a company they sure are not worried about us it's all about them God bless all of us.

Advice to Management

Look at both side of both story's and just because a supervisor has been there for a long time doesn't mean that they are not the cause.when you can't keep people good people to work for you it's time to do something..they have such a bad turn over there that it is on real.but the person that's causing the turnover is still there they need to open their eyes.

11. Ok Company. They should reconsider temporary workers though working for a year without permanent employment or benefits.

Current Employee - Prep Cook in Hapeville, GA
    Current Employee - Prep Cook in Hapeville, GA

I have been working at Sodexo USA part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are flexible with your days you want off. The work environment is relaxed you don't have to be scared of your boss we're on first name bases so everyone is comfortable with each other.

Cons

Not organized employees are sometimes micromanaged. The pay can definitely be sprused up. It's not good enough, expecially of you expect employees to give you a year of their life without any benefits or health plan

Advice to Management

Talk to employees more they are on the floor everyday and they can contribute more if you consider their opinions sometimes.

RSS Feed </> Embed