Soffront Software

Updated Jun 12, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Manu Das

"Great place to grow and shine with Soffront Software"

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsWorked almost 3 months at Temporary Position.
    Working at Soffront was a unique learning experience and great Opportunity to grow in my career, loved the team and would highly recommend to anyone who gets the chance.
    It was a very productive short journey at Soffront. It seemed like working there for years. I really enjoyed working here. I learned a lot from the CEO on how to succeed, never give up and "can do it" attitude. The CEO is very much involved, experienced and gives employees visibility and direction to grow. The coworkers are amazing. It’s a collaborative team of people. Hard working and great knowledge of the product. The employees are the asset of the company.

ConsNo cons to report. Excellent company.

Recent reviews must be fake. Go back 6 months for the real reviews of this company.

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsNone that I can think of.

ConsVery unprofessional. The building is old and does not look even close to a high tech company. I've seen mechanic shops that look better. They have no real marketing plan. CEO is clueless in this matter. It's no wonder SalesForce has blew by this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour company needs a facelift. Outsourcing key positions will only hurt you.

Great place to excel your creativity, ownership and leadership to grow with the company

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsI worked for Soffront over a decade, 6 years in US office and 4 years in India office.

This company is debt free, profitable and in business past 21 years enduring two major economic meltdowns during 2001 and 2008. The company is rich in Technology and carries the original product idea of Customer Relationship Management.

Co-workers make you feel at home from day 1. Everyone here is passionate and proud about the Product ( CRM for Enterprise and Small business) they built and ready to do everything for the Customers. Work in fun environment . The average employee retention is 7 years. High Customer loyalty.

Management encourages new ideas, let you to take the ownership and continue extending support as long as you try.

Right place if you want to take challenges and grow with the company

ConsLimited to invest freely to stay up in the competition with the big brands and grow in the world of free free.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more in partnering with the big brand organizations to push enterprise and small market crm business.
    Reserve more time for new employee training and motivational program.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to learn and grow, I love working here.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsI have been worked at Soffront for 14 years. 14 years ago, I was a foreign student just out of school, no working experience. Soffront gave me a great learning opportunity and build up my confidence in the work.
    We had 9/11 happened and then 2008 economic crisis happened - still we are doing good and our product is very good and flexible and we are creating new releases and winning new customers. Last 14 years there have been two major crises - many companies had difficulty maintaining growth but we are doing well.
    This is what I have been the main reason to stay in this company, I am strongly recommended for this company.

ConsWork load can be heavy sometimes.

This is my 9th year with Soffront

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsThis is my 9th year with Soffront. In short, this is a very stable company that has gone through two big recessions without a scratch. We are small and agile and run very efficiently without any bureaucracy and politics.
    We have a robust product (I would know, I helped to build it :-)). At the end of the day, it feels good to hear the sales team talk about winning deals against bigger competitors.

ConsCompensation is not extraordinary, but decent.

Great Place to Learn and Grow, you need not be an expert to start working here.

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsGreat Products
    Very cooperative friendly Environment for employees
    Initiatives are always welcome
    No Politics , Bureaucracy
    No Micro-Management
    New ideas are always heard by management
    You get exposure in various processes based on your interest
    You can learn and grow withing the organization.

ConsWork Load is a little high as Soffront runs on Optimal Resources.

I love working here

ProsGreat product.
    Smart coworkers.
    Very entrepreneurial environment.
    No bureaucracy.
    No politics.
    No micro-management if you are good at what you do.

ConsFlat hierarchy makes you stay in middle management (once you get there) for a long time. Lots of opportunities to move laterally though.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more in marketing. You have a great product - tell the world about it.

Do Not Work Here

Marketing (Former Employee) Fremont, CA

Prostechnology is ok. people are ok.

ConsSo many to list but most importantly, the owner is the cheapest & greediest person you would encounter. Did I mention he is also shady?

Advice to Senior Managementstop being cheap & greedy

Mom and Pop shop that simply can't ever hop to the top!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsNone. Can't really think of anything. Decent co-workers but bad management. Founder and wife run the show.

ConsMicro-management to the nth degree, poor strategic vision, too much dependence on offshore development in India.Very poor compensation.

Great place to learn and apply if you are a self starter

Engineer (Former Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsThis company is not a start up company but the environment is very entrepreneurial. If you are like me you would love it. I like to learn and apply. I had a great opportunity doing that. Lots of freedom and opportunity to prove yourself. I enjoyed working here. But, it may not be for you if you want to be told what to do. Also this is a very stable company with 60+ people overall between US and India.

ConsI believe there is always room for improvement. This company never engaged venture money. The founder boot strapped and grew the company. Have a lot of long term customers. The practice by the management team is to grow at a steady pace. It is profitable. If it were my company I would get VC money and grow quickly because the product is the most configurable in the industry and has a lot of potential. I enjoyed working with the product.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice would be to consider VC money and grow quickly.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for Soffront Software? Contribute to the Community!