Soffront Software

Updated December 19, 2014
Updated December 19, 2014
3.8

Manu Das

No politics, No drama, just hard work, it's small and exciting like a start up but 23 years old and with major resources

I have been working at Soffront Software

Pros

Saas product, scaleable. Truly amazing opportunity. Mgmt listens to input.

Cons

Difficult industry with high competition

Quarterly budget planning.

Saas company has major potential

I have been working at Soffront Software full-time

Pros

The most exciting part of working there is knowing you are backed by a really good product that compares favorably with colossal companies, I say that's exciting because it's like being on the ground floor of a money skyscraper. CEO is scary smart and a shrewd business man which I know can intimidate some types but he is kind and how else do you get a company with no debt and an entire infrastructure that let's you compete favorably with colossal companies like Zoho and salesforce? Work is largely independent and everyone is working for same goal. Sky is the limit and you'll probably hear about this company's journey one day because it's classic!

Cons

It's a little scary being in an industry that evolves so rapidly with the times, competitors are always coming out with new features but I will say I have confidence in the development team they've been succeeding for over 20 years so that track record helps squelch the nerves.

Tremendous opportunity to sell, reap rewards and empower both consumer and self alike.

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Soffront Software full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The best thing I like is the product. Our Cloud Based CRM is a fantastic solution for many types of organizations which makes for many prospects and an easy platform to get passionate about when selling. My colleagues are all very driven and represent all types of personalities that contribute to a healthy daily working environment and plenty of collaboration. The leadership is industry seasoned, creative and adaptable; providing enough direction to allow individual ideals and contributions.

Cons

The only concern I have is personal and that is whether I'm able to either shorten the sales cycle in general, or sell into a large enough of a user base company within the next couple of months in order to leverage the liberal compensation plan. This will determine if I've found a home here in my Cloud Selling Palace!

Keep dreaming and dare to go even beyond.

"Great place to grow and shine with Soffront Software"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I worked at Soffront Software part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Worked almost 3 months at Temporary Position.
    Working at Soffront was a unique learning experience and great Opportunity to grow in my career, loved the team and would highly recommend to anyone who gets the chance.
    It was a very productive short journey at Soffront. It seemed like working there for years. I really enjoyed working here. I learned a lot from the CEO on how to succeed, never give up and "can do it" attitude. The CEO is very much involved, experienced and gives employees visibility and direction to grow. The coworkers are amazing. It’s a collaborative team of people. Hard working and great knowledge of the product. The employees are the asset of the company.

Cons

No cons to report. Excellent company.

Recent reviews must be fake. Go back 6 months for the real reviews of this company.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Soffront Software

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

Very unprofessional. The building is old and does not look even close to a high tech company. I've seen mechanic shops that look better. They have no real marketing plan. CEO is clueless in this matter. It's no wonder SalesForce has blew by this company.

Your company needs a facelift. Outsourcing key positions will only hurt you.

Great place to excel your creativity, ownership and leadership to grow with the company

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Fremont, CA

I worked at Soffront Software full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I worked for Soffront over a decade, 6 years in US office and 4 years in India office.

This company is debt free, profitable and in business past 21 years enduring two major economic meltdowns during 2001 and 2008. The company is rich in Technology and carries the original product idea of Customer Relationship Management.

Co-workers make you feel at home from day 1. Everyone here is passionate and proud about the Product ( CRM for Enterprise and Small business) they built and ready to do everything for the Customers. Work in fun environment . The average employee retention is 7 years. High Customer loyalty.

Management encourages new ideas, let you to take the ownership and continue extending support as long as you try.

Right place if you want to take challenges and grow with the company

Cons

Limited to invest freely to stay up in the competition with the big brands and grow in the world of free free.

Spend more in partnering with the big brand organizations to push enterprise and small market crm business.
    Reserve more time for new employee training and motivational program.

Good place to learn and grow, I love working here.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Soffront Software full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have been worked at Soffront for 14 years. 14 years ago, I was a foreign student just out of school, no working experience. Soffront gave me a great learning opportunity and build up my confidence in the work.
    We had 9/11 happened and then 2008 economic crisis happened - still we are doing good and our product is very good and flexible and we are creating new releases and winning new customers. Last 14 years there have been two major crises - many companies had difficulty maintaining growth but we are doing well.
    This is what I have been the main reason to stay in this company, I am strongly recommended for this company.

Cons

Work load can be heavy sometimes.

This is my 9th year with Soffront

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Soffront Software full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

This is my 9th year with Soffront. In short, this is a very stable company that has gone through two big recessions without a scratch. We are small and agile and run very efficiently without any bureaucracy and politics.
    We have a robust product (I would know, I helped to build it :-)). At the end of the day, it feels good to hear the sales team talk about winning deals against bigger competitors.

Cons

Compensation is not extraordinary, but decent.

Great Place to Learn and Grow, you need not be an expert to start working here.

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Soffront Software full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great Products
    Very cooperative friendly Environment for employees
    Initiatives are always welcome
    No Politics , Bureaucracy
    No Micro-Management
    New ideas are always heard by management
    You get exposure in various processes based on your interest
    You can learn and grow withing the organization.

Cons

Work Load is a little high as Soffront runs on Optimal Resources.

I love working here

I have been working at Soffront Software

Pros

Great product.
    Smart coworkers.
    Very entrepreneurial environment.
    No bureaucracy.
    No politics.
    No micro-management if you are good at what you do.

Cons

Flat hierarchy makes you stay in middle management (once you get there) for a long time. Lots of opportunities to move laterally though.

Invest more in marketing. You have a great product - tell the world about it.