Soffront Software

Updated June 12, 2014
Updated June 12, 2014
3.6

Manu Das

"Great place to grow and shine with Soffront Software"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I worked at Soffront Software part-time for less than a year

Pros

Worked almost 3 months at Temporary Position.
    Working at Soffront was a unique learning experience and great Opportunity to grow in my career, loved the team and would highly recommend to anyone who gets the chance.
    It was a very productive short journey at Soffront. It seemed like working there for years. I really enjoyed working here. I learned a lot from the CEO on how to succeed, never give up and "can do it" attitude. The CEO is very much involved, experienced and gives employees visibility and direction to grow. The coworkers are amazing. It’s a collaborative team of people. Hard working and great knowledge of the product. The employees are the asset of the company.

Cons

No cons to report. Excellent company.

Great place to excel your creativity, ownership and leadership to grow with the company

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager  in  Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Fremont, CA

I worked at Soffront Software full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I worked for Soffront over a decade, 6 years in US office and 4 years in India office.

This company is debt free, profitable and in business past 21 years enduring two major economic meltdowns during 2001 and 2008. The company is rich in Technology and carries the original product idea of Customer Relationship Management.

Co-workers make you feel at home from day 1. Everyone here is passionate and proud about the Product ( CRM for Enterprise and Small business) they built and ready to do everything for the Customers. Work in fun environment . The average employee retention is 7 years. High Customer loyalty.

Management encourages new ideas, let you to take the ownership and continue extending support as long as you try.

Right place if you want to take challenges and grow with the company

Cons

Limited to invest freely to stay up in the competition with the big brands and grow in the world of free free.

Spend more in partnering with the big brand organizations to push enterprise and small market crm business.
    Reserve more time for new employee training and motivational program.

Recent reviews must be fake. Go back 6 months for the real reviews of this company.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Soffront Software

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

Very unprofessional. The building is old and does not look even close to a high tech company. I've seen mechanic shops that look better. They have no real marketing plan. CEO is clueless in this matter. It's no wonder SalesForce has blew by this company.

Your company needs a facelift. Outsourcing key positions will only hurt you.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to learn and grow, I love working here.

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Soffront Software full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been worked at Soffront for 14 years. 14 years ago, I was a foreign student just out of school, no working experience. Soffront gave me a great learning opportunity and build up my confidence in the work.
    We had 9/11 happened and then 2008 economic crisis happened - still we are doing good and our product is very good and flexible and we are creating new releases and winning new customers. Last 14 years there have been two major crises - many companies had difficulty maintaining growth but we are doing well.
    This is what I have been the main reason to stay in this company, I am strongly recommended for this company.

Cons

Work load can be heavy sometimes.

This is my 9th year with Soffront

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Soffront Software full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

This is my 9th year with Soffront. In short, this is a very stable company that has gone through two big recessions without a scratch. We are small and agile and run very efficiently without any bureaucracy and politics.
    We have a robust product (I would know, I helped to build it :-)). At the end of the day, it feels good to hear the sales team talk about winning deals against bigger competitors.

Cons

Compensation is not extraordinary, but decent.

Great Place to Learn and Grow, you need not be an expert to start working here.

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager  in  Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Soffront Software full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great Products
    Very cooperative friendly Environment for employees
    Initiatives are always welcome
    No Politics , Bureaucracy
    No Micro-Management
    New ideas are always heard by management
    You get exposure in various processes based on your interest
    You can learn and grow withing the organization.

Cons

Work Load is a little high as Soffront runs on Optimal Resources.

I love working here

I have been working at Soffront Software

Pros

Great product.
    Smart coworkers.
    Very entrepreneurial environment.
    No bureaucracy.
    No politics.
    No micro-management if you are good at what you do.

Cons

Flat hierarchy makes you stay in middle management (once you get there) for a long time. Lots of opportunities to move laterally though.

Invest more in marketing. You have a great product - tell the world about it.

Do Not Work Here

Former Employee - Marketing  in  Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Fremont, CA

I worked at Soffront Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

technology is ok. people are ok.

Cons

So many to list but most importantly, the owner is the cheapest & greediest person you would encounter. Did I mention he is also shady?

stop being cheap & greedy

Mom and Pop shop that simply can't ever hop to the top!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I worked at Soffront Software full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

None. Can't really think of anything. Decent co-workers but bad management. Founder and wife run the show.

Cons

Micro-management to the nth degree, poor strategic vision, too much dependence on offshore development in India.Very poor compensation.

Great place to learn and apply if you are a self starter

Former Employee - Engineer  in  Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Fremont, CA

I worked at Soffront Software full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This company is not a start up company but the environment is very entrepreneurial. If you are like me you would love it. I like to learn and apply. I had a great opportunity doing that. Lots of freedom and opportunity to prove yourself. I enjoyed working here. But, it may not be for you if you want to be told what to do. Also this is a very stable company with 60+ people overall between US and India.

Cons

I believe there is always room for improvement. This company never engaged venture money. The founder boot strapped and grew the company. Have a lot of long term customers. The practice by the management team is to grow at a steady pace. It is profitable. If it were my company I would get VC money and grow quickly because the product is the most configurable in the industry and has a lot of potential. I enjoyed working with the product.

My advice would be to consider VC money and grow quickly.

Worked for Soffront Software? Contribute to the Community!