SoftRock

SoftRock Reviews

Updated Mar 28, 2014

SoftRock CEO Alec Difrawi

Alec Difrawi

Pros:
  • "Inviting, upbeat, energetic, and fun environment with tons of activities that make it a fun place to work"
    in 4 reviews
  • "The company appears energetic, fun, and a great place to work"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:

Reviews

Rocking Softly

I have been working at SoftRock full-time for more than 3 years

ProsDeveloping friendships, learning and helping people.

ConsHigh expectations, but that should only be a con if you are an entitled punk.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the growing transparency.

My SoftRock Family

I have been working at SoftRock full-time for more than a year

ProsSoftRock offers a certain charm to their employees. Every day I walk in, I am welcomed with a smile by every person that passes by.

ConsI enjoy challenges. SoftRock only employs the best of the best, so if you're looking for a simple job, maybe you should work at McDonald's.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome advice I would give to upper management would be to continue to set clear goals.

Employee Review

I have been working at SoftRock full-time for more than 3 years

ProsOne of the great things about SoftRock is the family you establish by working so closely with a great team. We all look out for each other, and sincerely want each other to succeed. We love to work hard and play hard together.

ConsIf you are not adaptable to change, you can become frustrated. But change is what helps us grow, it is what makes us improve everyday. We are as a team never satisfied, and always looking to turn good into great.

Advice to Senior ManagementBasketball Court at work would be great!

Accountability and Hardwork

I have been working at SoftRock

ProsIf you hold yourself accountable and bring forward a dedicated work ethic, the training and opportunity to learn valuable leadership skills is available.

ConsYou have to be a flexible and team-player in order to work here so it may not be for everyone but if you have the ability to adapt and desire to grow, there should be no issues.

Manager

I have been working at SoftRock full-time for more than a year

ProsVery upfront in the hiring process and gives everyone the tools to be successful. Innovative company that is always working on ways to lead and push industry forward. They are constantly coming up with new ways to keep their employees excited by giving weekly cooks and even having company flag football tournaments.

ConsAt times there can be highly demanding work schedules.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication and more transparency between departments.

Coming to work with my friends, and helping others at the same time

Hiring Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at SoftRock full-time for more than a year

ProsI get to work with coworkers I consider to be my good friends, which makes coming to work everyday very enjoyable. This company has given me the opportunity to express myself and contribute my own ideas - my input is taken into consideration and valued. SoftRock has served as platform for me to develop my leadership and communication skills which will serve as a foundation for the rest of my professional career.

ConsDemanding work hours at times

SoftRock is a progressive company with a passionate team of employees.

Training Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at SoftRock full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe company culture is exceptional. This culture comes from having a company that truly cares about and appreciates their employees. I feel privileged to work with such a talented and motivated team of individuals.

ConsOur Company BBQ is ONLY once a week.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up team! If we continue to cultivate our team and new ideas, Softrock will continue to exceed our expectations :-)

"Life Changing"

Team Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at SoftRock full-time for more than a year

ProsBesides the free cereal and popcorn that everyone loves, for me it has to be the atmosphere and the people I work with. Can you say Flag Football......

ConsAt times hours are long and stressful but it usually balances itself out in the long run.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to keep an open mind to new ideas and new concepts, so that we will continue to get better each and everyday as a company.

Challenging you to reach your potential.

Training Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at SoftRock full-time for more than a year

ProsRecently was put in a position that was outside my comfort zone and challenged my communication skills. I feel I grew so much and understand the industry i am in a lot more because our CEO takes the time to continuously build and develop us.

ConsLong hours but at the end of the day if you want to be successful you have to put in the time. Wealth worth it.

Fast track to nowhere

Copywriter (Former Employee)
Maitland, FL

I worked at SoftRock full-time for more than a year

ProsSome of the people are really great and truly innovative. There are a handful that are willing to both offer and accept critique and guidance. The area is nice.

ConsYou are surrounded by ultra-conservative, disrespectful, misogynistic managers who value women with low cut shirts, tight skirts, and high heels, and chauvinistic, yes men more than anything else. Unless you fit a very specific visual image, there is no opportunity for growth in this company and you will be remanded to a low level position while you watch under-qualified people who fit the stereotypical media enhanced ideal shimmy and their way up this particular ladder.

There are blatant workplace politics based on feelings instead of quality and hard work despite the abundant claims to the contrary. You will be formally told one route of thinking and being scrutinized and judged by the opposite and if you dare question it you will be belittled for feeling that any part of management has done anything wrong.

This company promotes a free-thinking, creative environment, yet the actuality of it is one of stifling cookie-cutter personas and people who want t hear agreement instead of dissenting opinions.

Should you actually create worthwhile information, tools, documents, or materials, you will not receive recognition for it, you will not be credited with innovative ideas, and you will be told they were sub-par even after they were praised and distributed by management.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with more respect and you'll retain those worth having.

Worked for SoftRock? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SoftRock reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SoftRock CEO Alec Difrawi. All 70 reviews posted anonymously by SoftRock employees.