SoftRock

Updated August 21, 2014

4.5

SoftRock CEO Alec Difrawi
Alec Difrawi

Pros
  • Training, Food, Fun culture, work from home (in 4 reviews)

• Whether that is fantasy football, flag football, kickball, softball, volleyball, community work, work picnics, etc (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Very lengthy interview process that can be definitely shortened with still the same quality of selecting the best applicants (in 5 reviews)

• Very long hours in the 2 weeks of training (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

A great place to grow personally and professionally

Current Employee - Employment Specialist
    Current Employee - Employment Specialist

Pros

Excellent leadership- trainers are excellent at what they do.
    Softrock places a heavy emphasis on their "culture"- and it works. I can say I truly enjoy coming into work every day.
    Company is very transparent about who they are and how they run things. They really value the input of the employees.

Cons

A 401k included in the benefits would be great.

Keep on doing what you're doing! Continue to bring in strong leadership- it is very motivating!

we rock, we rock, ....software!

Current Employee - Employment Specialist in Orlando, FL

Pros

Such an amazing place to work, everyone you see walking around the building has a big smile on their face. It seems like everyone has an equal opportunity to grow where ever they see themselves.

Cons

....if I had to pick....maybe more cereal options? ;)

SoftRock Rocks!

Current Employee - Employment Specialist  in  Orland, CA
    Current Employee - Employment Specialist in Orland, CA

Pros

Great team atmosphere. Everybody is extremely nice and more than willing to help each other out for the betterment of the organization. Friday Cookouts! Great Training & Leadership. Helping people better their lives every day I go to work.

Cons

Those 10% of the calls you will get where the person calling refuses to cooperate and is more difficult than trying to solve a Rubik's cube in the dark with your feet.

Great Job! Keep doing what you're doing!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to grow with!

Current Employee - Employment Specialist in Orlando, FL

Pros

The company is very welcoming. Even though there are so my different departments, everyone treats each other as family and they love to have a good time on the job. They promote change, expansion, and growth.

Cons

The cons would be the very extensive hiring process, some things can be minimized instead of spreading them across so many days.

Another con would be memorizing the script, memorizing a script shouldn't determine if you are worthy of working for the company or not.

Get rid of memorizing the script, if someone can't memorize the script, doesn't mean they wouldn't do well in the company. You are turning away people that could thrive in the company all because they aren't good at memorizing.

Awesome

Current Employee - Employment Specialist in Orlando, FL

Pros

There are a large amount of people pushing you to do your best as well as well as encouraging you at your lows so it really helps you excel as an employee.

Cons

It is a slight sales job so if you haven't done sales before it is kinda hard but it's easy to pick up

Keep on rocking and doing what your doing

Recently hired Employment Specialist

Current Employee - Employment Specialist in Orlando, FL

Pros

Wow! A totally new, dynamic, fun and progressive, high tech environment. Caught my unwavering and total interest from the moment I had the first contact by a telephone interview. On my second interview, at the site, I was blown away from the moment I stepped into the lobby. I was mesmerized and envisioned my future immediately.

The culture is fantastic which promotes much employee loyalty. The diversity of the Managers and the employees is wonderful as they are professional, dedicated, eager to teach and learn as they are at being very friendly.

The ability to learn is a great perk if that is one of your goals in life. Continued learning as that offered here is something that is very beneficial to anyone, young or mature, take advantage everyone!

Cons

The initial training is very demanding but it makes or breaks one. However, this is a good thing for the company growth and employee retention.

You must be organized, responsible, disciplined and somewhat of a perfectionist otherwise it is not for you.

For trainings perhaps consider more role playing of different scenarios that employees should be aware of or could encounter in their duties. "...Does that make sense..."

We're growing and have the buildings to accommodate the employees but not all of the automobiles, yet.

But my hat is off to the CEO and the Managers!

Prominent company with job opportunities at every level

Current Employee - Employment Specialist in Orlando, FL

Pros

The positive company culture at SoftRock makes coming into work easy. The physical surroundings (and free parking) are friendly and welcoming, but SoftRock is more than 'window dressing'. From the first day I worked at the company the expectations were set to make sure that all employees focus on the positive and look for solutions to any challenges that may arise.

The training program I attended was the best I had experienced, and I have worked for Fortune 500 companies. Great care was put forth by the trainers to make sure that not only were the job expectations covered, but showed how the job itself fit into the larger picture so that we understood exactly how our job fit into the organization. In addition, the amount of training support I received rivaled any other professional training program I have attended. When my training was coming to an end, to my surprise, the company's president, Alec Difrawi,met with my training class to inquire what the company could do better for future classes. I was not used to having such senior level management take a personal interest with hiring classes in my previous experiences.

After completing my training, the transition to my job was seamless. I was able to hit the ground running without any hurdles to jump over in the process. I felt completely at ease within my position, as well as supported by my managers - who continued to offer me encouragement and tips to do my job better.

SoftRock also provides incentives to its employees just for doing what they were hired to do. By showing up on time, doing their job as described, and not violating company policies, the company gives an additional 5% bonus to employees who adhere to company policies and procedures.

The company's "hire from within" policy is not just lip service given to interviewees. Every SoftRock manager I interviewed with in a 5-interview process had been promoted from within. Now, as a regular, full time employee, it is evident that senior management recognizes the investment they make in hiring their employees, and they work hard to develop skills among those who want to advance. I hope to be counted among those who progress in the near future.

If these were not reasons enough to like working at SoftRock , the company also encourages teamwork with extracurricular activities, such as having their own co-ed flag football league and providing a themed barbecue every Friday for all of it's employees, among many other amenities.

Cons

The pros greatly outweigh the cons, but there are a few items that I didn't like. Having to memorize a two page script and being tested on it on the first day of training was difficult for me. I believe that many people learn in different ways and memorization isn't always the best form of learning.

Since this is an inbound call center job, not having control on wait times for calls is also a problem. When calls aren't consistent, it impacts the overall call time I am measured by, as well as my ability to make as much money as possible.

I wish the company benefits were available prior to 90 days, but i understand that this is industry standard for many companies. I also wish the company had a matching 401k plan.

Overall, I believe the company does a good job managing its product and its people.

Continue creating a positive atmosphere where employees’ energy are directed towards winning versus defending against internal detractors.

SoftRock is growing and FAST.

Current Employee - Employment Specialist in Orlando, FL

Pros

Working at SoftRock often doesn't feel like you're working at all. There are many events and themes that keeps work from feeling monotonous. With a friendly family like atmosphere thats constantly progressing with great growth opportunities, I'm glad to say I work at SoftRock.

Cons

The two week training period called "boot camp" has long hours, but once those two weeks are over the hours fly by.

Training with certain managers then getting separated from them as soon as boot camp is over is slightly saddening. Having one training manager continue to work with post-bootcamp employees may help their overall productivity.

Great Place to Work and Grow

Current Employee - Director of Media  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Director of Media in Orlando, FL

Pros

Excellent corporate culture that encourages relationships and networking throughout the entire company. Rapid growth that allows for professional development and promotions. Profit Sharing. Casual dress Code. They also throw some great parties!

Cons

It would be great if they had a 401(k). Top down communication could also be improved.

I'd like to see more consistent communication from the executive level to everyone - especially including the reasons for why we do somethings.

Awesome, exhilarating, in your face optimism...Take the roof off of your dream cap!

Current Employee - Employment Specialist in Orlando, FL

Pros

Company culture, versatile networking, a shared ambition to do and be the best, while giving back to those who need it most!

Cons

No outside picnic tables available?!

Maybe consider schedule set backs per circumstance before restarting trainee's boot camp from the beginning.

Worked for SoftRock? Contribute to the Community!