SoftVision Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.5
Laurenţiu Russo

A great company where to work

Current Employee - Employee in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)
    Current Employee - Employee in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)

I have been working at SoftVision

Pros

I currently work here, for more than 1 and a half year. In my opinion, this is the place where you can really develop your professional skills, where you can learn a great deal of new things, make friends etc. I never had any problems, always found support with all the managers, help from the colleagues, regardless the topics. I only had to tell them what bothered me and we found a solution together.

Cons

I don't have any so far.

Advice to Management

Spend more time with your people, talk to them more often, otherwise they will get the wrong ideas even if your intentions are good. The comments below are good examples.

I am part of the Softvision team 3+ years now as a full-time employee.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)

I have been working at SoftVision (More than 3 years)

Pros

good opportunities, great people, cool projects, high level of professionalism, flexible hours. glad to be working here.

Cons

Everything is good. Nothing to mention.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job like they have done so far.

Paraphrase: No Company for idealistic man.

I have been working at SoftVision full-time

Pros

Get to work with experienced professionals, either technical, managerial or business people from the clients (US mostly, but also UK); Also from the company, either from Romania or from US (SV has US employees :) ). If you are open you will learn continuously. If you tend to see things from a negative perspective or take things too personally then the quick pace and demanding clients will make you unhappy from time to time.

Cons

Since the clients are the business, sometimes the business changes overnight. Sometimes this is not clearly explained to the ones directly or indirectly affected. But most of the time there are suitable plans. Not rarely enough the rumors gain more weight then the reality due to improper communication.

Advice to Management

Communicate! Communicate! Communicate! and then communicate again :). Communication = listen and talk.

Nice company - you have to make you own opinion

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)

I have been working at SoftVision full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of talented people that work here, everyone has the opportunity to work on challenging projects and with latest technologies, which will help you grow your career. You usually work directly with the clients and that's great because you have the chance to develop very fast. The salary is decent with yearly renegotiation. They recently switched only to labor contract which is great!

Cons

They recently reduced the benefits package, almost everyone hopes to see some improvements here, there are some steps that were taken ...well see how it goes. Some managers tend to be a little bit expeditive and more businesses oriented, they should provide more support.

Advice to Management

Take more care of the employees, listen more to what they need.

Good comany - not for everybody

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Iaşi (Romania)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Iaşi (Romania)

I worked at SoftVision full-time

Pros

- competitive salary - flexible work hours - friendly people - challenging projects - opportunities to grow

Cons

The company culture used to be "we need to make money; it doesn't matter if we are fit or not for a project; let's just get it and do a half decent job so we can get paid". Not there is a shift in culture towards "let's hire more competent people, re brand ourselves as a company that offers quality, not cheap prices and get better quality projects". It will be interesting to see how this goes. When you enter a new project you have to take an interview with the client. I've never heard of someone not passing this types of interviews, but it's an inconvenience still.

Things start good but then it goes downhill

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at SoftVision full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a good starting point for a junior developer. Pretty good promotion opportunities. I've had the opportunity to learn from a lot of experienced people. A mixed variety of projects one can learn from Decent salary Had a decent benefit package in the past

Cons

It gets bad once the people that thought you a lot of stuff start leaving. From a certain point in time everything becomes a "run in a circle" scenario Benefit package was mostly cut out Culture and values are left behind when it comes to profit

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work in making profit, by letting seniors leave so that you don't have to pay as much. Also try remembering what it was like when you were in our shoes.

company

Current Employee - Project Manager in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)

I have been working at SoftVision full-time

Pros

projects, technical growth, seniority, business knowledge, opportunities, ownership

Cons

long hours, in the office until late in the afternoon (close to evening)

Advice to Management

rethink

Mixed feelings

Former Employee - Software Developer in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)

I worked at SoftVision full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Talented people work there, the office is in a good, central location, team-buildings are well-organized. There are lots of various projects, lots of possibilities, benefits are also fairly good.

Cons

Needs more employee parking spaces. There are some nice projects requiring team-work, but there are also one-man projects, you might find the best project for you, but you might also have to do the other type of projects, which might not suit you best, depending on your personality.

Advice to Management

Management should be paying more attention to people requesting a change of project.

a bad place

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)

I have been working at SoftVision full-time (More than a year)

Pros

people are generally nice. some projects are ok.

Cons

i looked for a long time and read reviews around here but i finally decided to write my own after i saw their stupid attempts to raise the company's rating on glassdoor by posting fake positive reviews. you have to deal with the bad reviews another way and try to improve the aspects that were mentioned by your employees, not by spreading more lies. i hate it too when they waste our time (once a month) telling us how good the company is going. why am i interested? will this increase my sallary? no. will this guarantee my job if the project i'm working on gets canceled tomorrow? as we saw in the spring when they kicked out a lot of people, the answer is very clearly NO. also there were projects which were described as great, fantastic and excellent in one of the meetings with the managers only to get canceled 2 weeks later. and yes it is always the employees fault when a project is lost. they are subtly telling us that they are "business oriented" but when you ask them crucial questions about a raise, being moved to another project or tell them you are leaving they take it personally and act as if you offended them. very childish. and "business oriented" should not mean to treat your people like furniture. they will make you sign all kinds of contracts. for example, if you go to a client in USA, you won't be able to leave SV for 1 year, unless you pay them back the cost of the flight, hotel, etc. there is a joke that softvision makes more money from their employees than from their clients. another one of my problems are the huge open spaces employees work in while managers have their own cozy offices. in these open spaces someone always has a call, a joke to tell and it is very hard to concentrate on your work. also when there's a viral disease outbreak, everyone catches it. everyone hates that there is no more free food. the food wasn't the best, but at least you were not forced to pay for it from your pocket. please explain how is this not a sallary cut?

Advice to Management

haha, who am i kidding, they will never take into account what is written here. on the other i encourage everyone who is reading this to write their own review, to push out the fake ones!

The worst IT experience in Cluj-Napoca

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)

I worked at SoftVision full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some nice people and colleagues out there. Some decent career opportunities, but you need to be lucky to be in the right position and department to follow those.

Cons

Company has poor or no values. Employees are not motivated properly and not proud of working into the organization, everything being just a pay-day work without any commitment from the employees. Happiness level is very low. That's because everyone is lied or at least mislead; The customer, by hiding the actual resources to them, by overcharging the bills with more people that are actually working and the employee, by hiding the actual state of facts in the company, by hiding the disasters from the management, by forcing them to stay overtime to make their job. Company had, and still has a bad reputation in Cluj for the entire 15+years of activity. That's a really good question mark. Top Management and Senior management(department managers) is the worst management that you would find in an organization. Even though the company grew exponentially in the latest years, the management didn't changed in a good way(even if they pretend so), and they don't care about informing properly the organization AND the customers(which is bad). There is also a layer of so called line management who act as puppets between department managers and employees, who are former good engineers, but now in a situation to serve the same rules dictated from the top, without having and liberty of taking decisions, that's why this layer is changing fast, and myself or other employees didn't had full trust to discuss with them.The management in general is so weak because it is not skilled and also they are not human, they don't act natural, you can smell the words they're telling you. I am not aware of any MBA in the top management by ex, it's a way of management by following the servant leader who do whatever he wants.

Advice to Management

Radical change of mind, approach and personality. Maybe removing some of the persons from up-there will change the face of the company.

RSS Feed </> Embed