Softcat

Peter D Kelly

18 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Account manager

Account Manager (Current Employee) Marlow, England (UK)

ProsI think Softcat is a great place to work! it has won so many awards in the past around employee satisfaction and our sat surveys are always full of positives.

I have worked in other companies where senior staff are completely unapproachable, in Softcat you sit within 5 feet of the chairman, MD and sales director in the middle of the sales floor. Everyone here is really friendly and happy to help out, the massive amount of internal expertise makes life so much easier for account managers and is a real selling point to customers.

The earning potential here is boundless as the commision is completely uncapped, so you can earn lots of money very quickly! the incentives are brilliant going all over the world and there are lots of team nights out and making sure that employees are having fun is paramount.

Consmost of the cons about working in a palce like Softcat arent a reflection on the company itself but in sales so are to be expected when going into such a competetive environment.

there is pressure to hit targets as in any sales job and the basic salray is quite poor but that is expected in a commission based role and works to motivate you!

Advice to Senior Managementthe management at Softct is incredibly flexible, managers sit in with the teams and are all approachable and willing to help, even asking for advice of managers from other areas of the business are happy to lend a hand. especially for a sales company the amount of autonomy granted to account managers is incredible and is probably one of the main reasons that softct is going from strength to strength.

Home from Home

Business Manager (Current Employee) Marlow, England (UK)

ProsSince the day I started over 8 years ago, I've been well looked after, well remunerated, allowed to grow and flourish as a sales professional and I've had a ton of fun along the way with several parties a year, trips abroad and the workplace culture is fun! Honestly, I'm so fortunate to have started and continued my career here.

ConsI don't wear a suit everyday (?!!!); I have too many free lunches offered to me; the Directors are approachable and sit with the teams instead of being locked away in ivory towers; everyone is so nice that I can't detest going to work every day!! ;)

Advice to Senior ManagementEmploy more great people to help share this great place to work!! (it's not fair that people have to endure working elsewhere!!) :)

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

IT can be fun!

Services Operations Manager (Current Employee) Marlow, England (UK)

ProsI've never worked at, or visited, an office that has such an amazing buzz and so many friendly faces. It's obvious that the staff at Softcat really care about their jobs and have pride in their employer.

ConsIts offices are all in the UK... which has rubbish weather. There is a factory that partially obscures my view of green fields from my window seat.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent work environment

Account Manager (Current Employee) Marlow, England (UK)

ProsGreat place to work. have been at softcat for a number of years in an account management role. Very hard work when you first join to get accounts to where you need to be vs target but it pays off. Excellent atmosphere and buzz in all offices and even though the company has grown a lot since I started the same ethos remains.

ConsNothing major I can think of, it is mainly office based when you start but you have to earn the right to get of of the office on customer meetings. How much you put in effects how much you get out.

A fun vibrant company which offers great rewards for hard work and results.

Account Manager (Current Employee) Marlow, England (UK)

ProsBrazil, Jordan, Peru, St Petersburg, Fiji, Hawaii are just some of the incentive trips i've been on. Amazing!

ConsYou have to think smartly, work hard and put in the hours if you want to succeed at Softcat.

Great place to work: amazing opportunities and wonderful people

Account Manager (Current Employee) Marlow, England (UK)

ProsFriendly atmosphere, uncapped and generous commission, lots of support when you need it. The Directors are always available and happy to help, even on small things, and the team bonding is second to none! Fantastic incentives and a great work/life balance.

ConsSoftcat is a great place to work: as long as you're willing to work! A serious work ethic and positive attitude is required to do well, but I personally would see that as a positive.

Good company to work for

Account Manager (Current Employee) Marlow, England (UK)

Pros- Very good initial training
    - Young workforce with a friendly atmosphere
    - Your remuneration is very much linked to the amount of work and effort you are willing to put in which is something i very much like, if you do work hard and smart you can earn a decent salary after a short amount of time
    - you find all your own customers when you join and regardless of their size or spend you are the account manager (its not a case of custmors being passed on etc)
    - the social life is very good with regular team nights out and company events which the company pays for
    - Everyone is always willing to give advice, attend meetings with you, help with more complex requirements / situations even though it may not be there job or they dont personally see any reward for it
    - company is perfoming very well in terms of growth and as a result is very financially stable
    - For those who decide once joinging an account management role is not for them, Softcat always try to offer another role that is of more interest
    - management do keep all the staff up to date with Softcat's performance and future aims

Cons- New starts joining the firm in an account management role should expect to work longer than the typical 9 - 5, the work / life balance does improve over time but if you want to make an impact at the company and hit the ground running then you do need to put in the time / effort
    - Softcat has lost some of its family feel as more offices have opened and more staff have joined so its no longer a case of knowing everyone's name in the office, however to put a positive spin on it, as the company grows there are more opportunities for advancement

Advice to Senior Managementkeep doing what your doing

Best Place to Work Ever!!

Sales (Current Employee) Marlow, England (UK)

ProsGreat People! Great Training and Support! Great Money! Great Career Potentiol!!

ConsSo many Fit women distract you from your work a little

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing

Softcat is a fantastic place to work!

Sales Team Leader (Current Employee) Marlow, England (UK)

ProsThe working environment is friendly, respectful, fun and hard-working. Softcat get the perfect balance of hard-work and fun, resulting in a very happy workforce who are driven to provide the unrivalled service to their customers.

ConsIt can be stressful and hard work at times. However, there is so much support and to get anywhere worthwhile in any discipline requires hard work.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe managers are inspirational in Softcat. They really care about their employees and sit amongst the sales floor. Very approachable and commited to the organisation. They really live and breathe the true values of the company!

Softcat is the best company to work for

Sales Team Leader (Current Employee) Marlow, England (UK)

ProsSoftcat's founder Peter Kelly installed a belief that happy staff make happy customers and this is something that's still true today, some 20 years down the line. Staff are well motivated, well trained and regularly fed and watered. We enjoy great relationships with 1,000's of long standing customers and have a proven track record of consistent growth. Softcat is correctly thought of as the best company to work for in our industry.

Consit's genuinely hard to think of any cons but we're not perfect. However, senior management constantly ask for feedback and ideas from employees of all levels for areas we can improve. They genuinely listen and put into place sensible suggestions, even some not so sensible ones

Worked for Softcat? Contribute to the Community!