Softcat Reviews

• Marlow, England
4.7
Peter D Kelly

1. Incredible company to work for

Current Employee - Technical Graduate in Marlow, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Technical Graduate in Marlow, England (UK)

I have been working at Softcat full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Friendly, fun filled work environment

Cons

None that enter my mind

Advice to Management

Carry on!

2. Project Coordinator

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Marlow, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Marlow, England (UK)

I worked at Softcat full-time (less than a year)

Pros

good benefits, great parties, good socialising atmosphere

Cons

bad management, no room for progression - too sales oriented.

3. What a place... Incredible

Current Employee - EUC Consultant in Marlow, England (UK)
    Current Employee - EUC Consultant in Marlow, England (UK)

I have been working at Softcat full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I started this job just weeks ago, I'm in the EUC department and I think I can count the amount of times I've paid for lunch on one hand, so far. The people are amazing and what really make this company. There's always something going on, sweets, chocolate bars, beers, parties - pretty much a weekly occurrence. I came from a big corporate company and things were so different, at Softcat there is a sense of openness, colleagues share their experiences; managers don't boss you about and overall a very relaxing environment to work in. I find it really excells my learning through the amount of support you get from like minded people and budget for things like training and courses.

The incentives are insane: random games in the office which can attract up to tens of thousands of pounds, cash prize. Themed days in the office where it is compulsory to partake in fancy dress. Along with 5 star trips all paid for, parties big and small, I'm really looking forward to the Christmas ball!

It has so far been a life changing experience for me and I look forward to being there a long time.

Cons

Nothing, oh maybe the amount of hot females in the office, it can't be good for you ;)

Advice to Management

Keep it up, just don't lose the personal touch and FUN that has always been an integral part of the business as Softcat grows.

5. Home from Home

Current Employee - Business Manager in Marlow, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Business Manager in Marlow, England (UK)

I have been working at Softcat full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Since the day I started over 8 years ago, I've been well looked after, well remunerated, allowed to grow and flourish as a sales professional and I've had a ton of fun along the way with several parties a year, trips abroad and the workplace culture is fun! Honestly, I'm so fortunate to have started and continued my career here.

Cons

I don't wear a suit everyday (?!!!); I have too many free lunches offered to me; the Directors are approachable and sit with the teams instead of being locked away in ivory towers; everyone is so nice that I can't detest going to work every day!! ;)

Advice to Management

Employ more great people to help share this great place to work!! (it's not fair that people have to endure working elsewhere!!) :)

6. IT can be fun!

Current Employee - Services Operations Manager in Marlow, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Services Operations Manager in Marlow, England (UK)

I have been working at Softcat full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I've never worked at, or visited, an office that has such an amazing buzz and so many friendly faces. It's obvious that the staff at Softcat really care about their jobs and have pride in their employer.

Cons

Its offices are all in the UK... which has rubbish weather. There is a factory that partially obscures my view of green fields from my window seat.

7. A fun vibrant company which offers great rewards for hard work and results.

I have been working at Softcat full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Brazil, Jordan, Peru, St Petersburg, Fiji, Hawaii are just some of the incentive trips i've been on. Amazing!

Cons

You have to think smartly, work hard and put in the hours if you want to succeed at Softcat.

8. Excellent work environment

Current Employee - Account Manager in Marlow, England (UK)

I have been working at Softcat full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to work. have been at softcat for a number of years in an account management role. Very hard work when you first join to get accounts to where you need to be vs target but it pays off. Excellent atmosphere and buzz in all offices and even though the company has grown a lot since I started the same ethos remains.

Cons

Nothing major I can think of, it is mainly office based when you start but you have to earn the right to get of of the office on customer meetings. How much you put in effects how much you get out.

9. Great place to work: amazing opportunities and wonderful people

Current Employee - Account Manager in Marlow, England (UK)

I have been working at Softcat full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, uncapped and generous commission, lots of support when you need it. The Directors are always available and happy to help, even on small things, and the team bonding is second to none! Fantastic incentives and a great work/life balance.

Cons

Softcat is a great place to work: as long as you're willing to work! A serious work ethic and positive attitude is required to do well, but I personally would see that as a positive.

10. Softcat is the best company to work for

Current Employee - Sales Team Leader in Marlow, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Team Leader in Marlow, England (UK)

I have been working at Softcat full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Softcat's founder Peter Kelly installed a belief that happy staff make happy customers and this is something that's still true today, some 20 years down the line. Staff are well motivated, well trained and regularly fed and watered. We enjoy great relationships with 1,000's of long standing customers and have a proven track record of consistent growth. Softcat is correctly thought of as the best company to work for in our industry.

Cons

it's genuinely hard to think of any cons but we're not perfect. However, senior management constantly ask for feedback and ideas from employees of all levels for areas we can improve. They genuinely listen and put into place sensible suggestions, even some not so sensible ones

11. Work Hard, Play Hard, and most of all have fun....What more do you want!?

Current Employee - Deputy Team Leader in Marlow, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Deputy Team Leader in Marlow, England (UK)

I have been working at Softcat full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I have worked here for 7-8 years and everyday I look forward to going to work (still). There is an awesome atmosphere and this company is growing year on year. If you put the time and effort in you will be rewarded and supported exceptionally well. Softcat is all about what you put in is what you will get out....if you are prepared to work hard this company cetainly lets you play hard.

The incentives are amazing and the working environment is ace. I am currently typing this whilst watching the winter olympics out of the corner of my eye (on about 10 different screens)! Softcat run 5 aside, have a 90" screen for Fifa, poker nights, netball, basketball, let you travel the world, ski trips etc. the list goes on. Needless to say it 's all very modern and slick but you need to put the hard graft in as well, it's not all take take take! :-)

Cons

IT Sales is not everyone's thing.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work