Softec Solutions

Fantastic and honest Recruiters - Great Company

Current Employee - Developer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Developer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Softec Solutions

Pros

I can't say enough positive comments about my experience with SofTec. Every person I've been in contact with at the office in South Denver are genuine and accommodating. I get honest feedback and never felt like I was just a cog in the wheel.
    Very encouraging environment and a place I look forward to a long term relationship and career growth strategy.

Cons

Nothing negative to report on

Please maintain the transparency that is already in place.

Couldn't Be Happier

Current Employee - IT Technical Recruiter in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - IT Technical Recruiter in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Softec Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I am part of an amazing team environment. I can honestly say I am grateful and appreciate the people around me. The work I do helps people in so many ways, which makes me feel good about what I do every day. The support we all have in the company is a reflection on the CEO and his approach to taking care of people and conducting business with integrity. We don't just talk the talk, we follow through and deliver. We have fun and put the candidate first while nurturing a fruitful long term relationship. We have a superbly run operation and I'm happy to be a part of such talent.

Cons

The coffee needs some work

Thank you for maintaining an environment of high integrity, transparency and genuineness. It evokes a sense of pride and ownership in what I do and desire to help this company grow and succeed each day.

Great culture, people and company

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Softec Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I can’t say enough good things about the people and the culture at SofTec. People at SofTec support each other and know it takes a team for all of us to achieve our goals. It is a fun work environment and everyone does a great job keeping it that way even though IT staffing, just like any other job, can be stressful. The Owner really cares about his employees and does a great job creating opportunity for them. The pay is also very competitive. Overall, SofTec is just a great place to work.

Cons

No cons to report at this time.

Administrative Assistant (General Clerk II)

I worked at Softec Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I enjoyed working with Softec Solutions as the project manager I reported to genuinely cared about the needs of her employees. My on-site supervisor was fantastic and made sure I always knew that I was a very important part of the companies success.

Cons

As working as a Federal contractor, often had to worry about if the contract was going to end and then not be renewed. Pay raises did not occur (nor were there opportunities for advancement as not located in the state of the company) unless the state issued a pay increase. The time that happened, it was only .20/hr

Only advice I can offer is to ensure that those coming in with no experience in military setting is to offer some training conducted with next closest Admin.

Great experience

Former Employee - Project Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Softec Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, received 2 promotions in a year, acknowledged with bonuses, fun work environment.

Cons

I honestly have no issues

Worse place to work ever

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Denver, CO

I worked at Softec Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Small office, it was close to my house in the DTC area.

Cons

Really bad leadership structure, the worse client database (it was created by the owner and never updated), aweful pay, discrimination and harrassment

Change your leadership style and you will take off

Contract employee

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Softec Solutions as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent support from management and flexable schedule

Cons

Raises, etc were dependant on contracts; little room for advancement

Decent Company to Work For

Former Employee - Administrative/Marketing
    Former Employee - Administrative/Marketing

I worked at Softec Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people to work with; I met some really great people in my 2 1/2 years there. Professional atmosphere. They really try to keep the incumbent employees on the contracts, which is really unusual in this time. Most other companies will fire all the current employees so that they can bring in new people at a lower price. For those not on government contracts, or are on the "important, high level" contracts that have more flexibility, they are much better with raises and benefits. They really try to work with everyone to make sure they are happy in their position, though again they are limited in this ability by the contract.

Cons

Most of the contracts are with the Federal Government, so if your unlucky enough to work on one of those contracts, the pay and benefits don't seem very good. That isn't really their fault, its all in the requirements of the contract that the government sets. I don't think people understand that, so there can be a lot of disgruntled people who don't understand that it's not their choice as to when they do and do not give raises. There can be a lot of turnover, but that goes along with the nature of the business to a certain extent.

Be more communicative with the employees about WHY - WHY do they not get raises? Focus on the employees. Work to help employees with further education and training.

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Marketing in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Marketing in Englewood, CO

I worked at Softec Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Friendly, professional environment with an approachable and involved management team. Great work/life balance. Expectations are clear and realistic. New ideas are valued and encouraged.

Cons

At one point there was a lot of turnover, but this is somewhat expected due to the cyclical nature of the industry.

Keep the focus on investing in and retaining the right people

Low pay and no raises

I worked at Softec Solutions

Pros

If you have good on-site bosses, the job can be a good one. Not all admins are that lucky.

Cons

Low pay and no raises. Official job title is administrative assistant, yet paid as general clerk. Benefits are horrible and very little sick days. No respect from on- site bosses and no support from Softec management.

Pay your contract a living wage. Give us benefit choices, since you are using our money to pay for benefits. Better communication.