Softec Solutions Reviews

3.8
Hemal Jhaveri

1. Lovely Management

I worked at Softec Solutions

Pros

Management is very friendly and easily accessible.

Cons

I was employed under a government contract with increasingly expanding duties that did not reflect within salary year after year. This however is not the company's fault, as they were trying to keep the contract going.

Advice to Management

Understand that hiring anyone who holds more than a high school diploma will eventually need to be compensated at a different level than a fresh out of high school senior.

2. Would never work for this company again.

Former Employee - Forest Service Contract Worker in Fort Collins, CO
    Former Employee - Forest Service Contract Worker in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Softec Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They did give us a great immediate supervisor. He was the only shining light in the entire company. It's a shame that this supervisor, being African-American, had to endure some public racist remarks from one of the company's leaders.

Cons

In 2008 Softec Solutions acquired a five year contract for managing a specific group of the US Forest Service. They significantly underbid their competitors. In the next five years I and my other fellow employees would slowly discover how this company was able to pull this off - by cutting significant corners on employee benefits and doing very little at providing ongoing training. Recently we discovered more information about why funding for training and employee development was so low - turns out the CEO was pocketing for himself more of the government grant than he was legally entitled to take. For me this was sadly not surprising.

Advice to Management

Acquire leadership that has more integrity as well as a greater focus on employee growth. The word has definitely gotten out about your company's history.

3. It is OK. There are better companies out there..

I worked at Softec Solutions

Pros

Stable Job. Good work-life balance.

Cons

They need to be careful hiring Upper Management people. Seen some bad hiring decisions in the past, but I guess they got rid of most of the bozos.

Advice to Management

Please refrain from hiring Bozos.

5. Fantastic and honest Recruiters - Great Company

Current Employee - Developer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Developer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Softec Solutions

Pros

I can't say enough positive comments about my experience with SofTec. Every person I've been in contact with at the office in South Denver are genuine and accommodating. I get honest feedback and never felt like I was just a cog in the wheel. Very encouraging environment and a place I look forward to a long term relationship and career growth strategy.

Cons

Nothing negative to report on

Advice to Management

Please maintain the transparency that is already in place.

6. Couldn't Be Happier

Current Employee - IT Technical Recruiter in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - IT Technical Recruiter in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Softec Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am part of an amazing team environment. I can honestly say I am grateful and appreciate the people around me. The work I do helps people in so many ways, which makes me feel good about what I do every day. The support we all have in the company is a reflection on the CEO and his approach to taking care of people and conducting business with integrity. We don't just talk the talk, we follow through and deliver. We have fun and put the candidate first while nurturing a fruitful long term relationship. We have a superbly run operation and I'm happy to be a part of such talent.

Cons

The coffee needs some work

Advice to Management

Thank you for maintaining an environment of high integrity, transparency and genuineness. It evokes a sense of pride and ownership in what I do and desire to help this company grow and succeed each day.

7. Great culture, people and company

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Softec Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can’t say enough good things about the people and the culture at SofTec. People at SofTec support each other and know it takes a team for all of us to achieve our goals. It is a fun work environment and everyone does a great job keeping it that way even though IT staffing, just like any other job, can be stressful. The Owner really cares about his employees and does a great job creating opportunity for them. The pay is also very competitive. Overall, SofTec is just a great place to work.

Cons

No cons to report at this time.

8. Administrative Assistant (General Clerk II)

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant

I worked at Softec Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed working with Softec Solutions as the project manager I reported to genuinely cared about the needs of her employees. My on-site supervisor was fantastic and made sure I always knew that I was a very important part of the companies success.

Cons

As working as a Federal contractor, often had to worry about if the contract was going to end and then not be renewed. Pay raises did not occur (nor were there opportunities for advancement as not located in the state of the company) unless the state issued a pay increase. The time that happened, it was only .20/hr

Advice to Management

Only advice I can offer is to ensure that those coming in with no experience in military setting is to offer some training conducted with next closest Admin.

9. Great experience

Former Employee - Project Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Softec Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, received 2 promotions in a year, acknowledged with bonuses, fun work environment.

Cons

I honestly have no issues

10. Worse place to work ever

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Denver, CO

I worked at Softec Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small office, it was close to my house in the DTC area.

Cons

Really bad leadership structure, the worse client database (it was created by the owner and never updated), aweful pay, discrimination and harrassment

Advice to Management

Change your leadership style and you will take off

11. Decent Company to Work For

Former Employee - Administrative/Marketing
    Former Employee - Administrative/Marketing

I worked at Softec Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with; I met some really great people in my 2 1/2 years there. Professional atmosphere. They really try to keep the incumbent employees on the contracts, which is really unusual in this time. Most other companies will fire all the current employees so that they can bring in new people at a lower price. For those not on government contracts, or are on the "important, high level" contracts that have more flexibility, they are much better with raises and benefits. They really try to work with everyone to make sure they are happy in their position, though again they are limited in this ability by the contract.

Cons

Most of the contracts are with the Federal Government, so if your unlucky enough to work on one of those contracts, the pay and benefits don't seem very good. That isn't really their fault, its all in the requirements of the contract that the government sets. I don't think people understand that, so there can be a lot of disgruntled people who don't understand that it's not their choice as to when they do and do not give raises. There can be a lot of turnover, but that goes along with the nature of the business to a certain extent.

Advice to Management

Be more communicative with the employees about WHY - WHY do they not get raises? Focus on the employees. Work to help employees with further education and training.

RSS Feed </> Embed