Softheon

Eugene Sayan

Learning every day

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Stony Brook, NY
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Stony Brook, NY

I have been working at Softheon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Given the years of experience most of us here, I am amazed of the hard work, creativity, and honesty of how everyone come together. You will always find someone there at 7 AM, 9 PM or even the weekends. Often free lunch is served, and the frig stacked up with Red Bulls. People love their job here!

Cons

It is not a place to slack, work is challenging and can be overwhelming - there are no pool tables.

To start with the CEO is bit serious but he pushes everyone to be the best. Management cares about what you do and who you are. Since I started a year ago, company nearly doubled - there are sings of growing pains.

Growing Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stony Brook, NY

I have been working at Softheon full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very friendly environment that encourages learning and collaboration.
    Opportunities for advancement are great.
    Young, talented, and hardworking colleagues.
    Colleagues encourage personal growth and learning.
    Cross-Departmental roles allow for a diversified working experience.
    Company as a whole cares about each individual employee.
    Growing company.

Cons

Although it can be a fast paced working environment and stressful at times- the company goes out of its way to keep it's employees happy and content.

Softheon Response

Oct 24, 2014HR Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate the feedback both positive or negative as we encourage our employees to discuss their concerns openly and honestly.

Softheon is a great place to work! You'll be empowered to work towards your potential!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stony Brook, NY

I have been working at Softheon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Daily challenges promote brainstorming, problem solving, and enhancement of your knowledge base.
    Freedom to voice your opinion and creativity.
    Cross departmental training.
    Great co-workers and accommodating schedules.
    Great perks! including causal Fridays!

Cons

Daily Challenges related to the job...not everyone is cut for working at Softheon. If you can overcome the challenges, its a great place to grow your career.

Enlightening Experience thus Far!

Current Employee - Marketing & Sales in Stony Brook, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing & Sales in Stony Brook, NY

I have been working at Softheon full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have been with Softheon since early 2014, and thoroughly enjoyed what I have experienced thus far. The atmosphere and attitude is very forward thinking and modern - no cubicles here! The environment is very team oriented and it is easy to see how each department plays an important role in the company's success. I have made many friendships while working here, and can honestly say that Softheon employees are some of the brightest college grads and seasoned experts that I have ever worked with. Softheon has challenged me and really helped me grow as an individual in my career. The vast amount of knowledge that I have acquired while working here just a few months is so motivational, I can not wait to see what the future holds for this company on the rise!

Cons

For me, cons would be few and far between. Yes, anyone who has gone through the interview process here knows that it is a tough one but only because Softheon seeks out the most talented prospects. Our CEO tells us time and time again that each one of us are here for a reason. Our day-to-day is very fast paced partly because of the rapidly changing industry, but I think that could be considered a pro rather then a con, essentially.

Management/supervisors at Softheon are very patient and approachable. We do have company outings here and there which work as a great bonding experience- lets keep those coming!

small potatoes

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Hauppauge, NY
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Hauppauge, NY

I worked at Softheon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

small place to work and family-like environement where ceo is the father

Cons

small place to work where ceo tries to be your father

company's interest should be bigger than your ego

Softheon Response

Oct 24, 2014HR Administrator

We appreciate you sharing your comments with us. We`re disappointed Softheon was not able to meet your expectations as an employer but are taking the necessary the steps to improve.

The worst HR people I have ever seen in my life!! Completely barbaric, will start yelling at you !!

I have been working at Softheon (less than an year)

Pros

No pros at all !!

Cons

Ruthless, Human Resources is completely inhumane.. The company doesn't want to cooperate in any way.. even the top management doesn't find the need to respond critical emails..HR division is outsourced, so the company's few HR people are clueless of anything.. Never ever work for such a company.

Softheon is a place to go if you want to handle tasks for a micro manager

Former Employee - Consultant in Hauppauge, NY
    Former Employee - Consultant in Hauppauge, NY

I worked at Softheon

Pros

You get opportunities to learn many new things since they cannot afford to hire enough people.

Cons

CEO is in over his head and doesn't know it unfortunately. He won't delegate work to enable staff to prosper, and ultimately impacts customers who don't get the service they want and need.

Eugene needs to recognize that he cannot do it all by himself.

Sales and Marketing together

Former Employee - Sales in Hauppauge, NY
    Former Employee - Sales in Hauppauge, NY

I worked at Softheon

Pros

In sales, I was allowed the opportunity to create new ideas for sales prospecting and to work closely with marketing to leverage further ideas

Cons

Product training could increase internally, as well as in depth case studies needed internally to relay the information to prospects

good support for the positive, advance training for additonal internal support

Softheon Photos