Softscape Reviews

2.8

Softscape Chief Executive Officer of SumTotal Systems John Borgerding
John Borgerding
1 Rating

Fast Pace and requires to be a quick learner

I worked at Softscape

Pros

Ability to do a lot of things

Cons

need to be a self starter and be able to figure things out on your own

set up training structure

hopefully it's better now

I worked at Softscape

Pros

The team I worked with was smart and collaborative.

Cons

Upper management didn't value employees at all and morale was extremely low. Culture was somewhat oppressive. Product was proprietary but training was a joke. No real opportunity for advancement. Turnover extremely high.

Good Job for the Economy

Former Employee - Product Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Softscape

Pros

- Good salary for my grade
    - Boss was good to work with, provided Good environment
    - Allowed to work on many different kinds of projects

Cons

- Privately owned, which came with some inside baseball
    - Not good at sharing information that might have been useful
    - Facilities were not that nice, made it kind of hard to work sometimes

Trust your staff more and reach out more to discuss and collaborate on major decisions. The better bought in the employees, the greater the chances of success.

Awful Place to work

I worked at Softscape

Pros

This company totally treats their employees horribly. The building itself is not managed well, the owners only care about the money that ends up in their pockets. They have recently just been bought over and I hope things turn out right for the people left there. In all fairness all the employees were great and knowledge able but upper management did not manage the company well at all

Cons

building needs extreme care. Even office supplies were limited to old and used. Building probably has mold in it. Management only cared about money. They keep on fur-lowing people instead of lay off

Invest in the company and not the owners pockets. Looking out for the people your employees should be what a corporate company does. Especially one that is looking into HR talent.

Softscape is missing the mark

I have been working at Softscape

Pros

Good Product. Great People who are dedicated to the product success

Cons

1. ruthless management style. They find any reason to terminate someone. Abuse the employees with "unspoken" expectations of working extremely long days. No pay raises.
    2, Poor money management.- they have cut pay "temporarily" but never paid any of those employees back. They furloughed 20-25% of the company. Can't afford to pay them. Told that they may be called back but they were told that "It hasn't happened so to look for a job"
    3. Ingore product quality. QA team is understaffed and overworked. They have furloughed all the QA Engineers. No one to test the product.
    4. Signifigantly understaffed. A consultant was hired to come in and look for ways to improve production. They were told to hire more staff. They fired the consultant.
    5. Employee morale continues to worsen. We all worry that we will not have a job. Having a junk food party does not improve morale.

Start seeing the Talent that you have! Stop abusing everyone. We all work hard and our efforts are treated with disregard.

It's a shame...

I worked at Softscape

Pros

The product. There is a massive opportunity in the product that is being squandered by poor management. There are few competitive products that have the breadth and depth that Softscape has hands down.

Cons

The company is not well managed. It is run like a family business instead of a legitimate software company. Being a family business is not always a bad thing, but when you compound that with a lack of ethics and poor employment practices and you have a terrible work environment. The product is not marketed AT ALL and there is no brand to speak of. This is all by design so that the 'founders' can maintain control. It is like they are trying to keep a child from growing up.

Open a nice shoe company in Puerto Rico, enjoy the weather and let someone else run your company. You'd make MUCH more money that way.

The positive team environment at Softscape helps to promote the company as a market leader in the Human Talent industry.

I have been working at Softscape

Pros

Everyone is encouraged to be a thought leader and the positive team environment fuels the company's growth. There is a lot of creative energy at Softscape and it is a great place to work.

Cons

The benefit plan could be improved.

Management communicates to the employees on a consistent basis.

Great Opportunity, Great Global Company

Current Employee - Marketing in Wayland, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Wayland, MA

I have been working at Softscape

Pros

Great opportunity to support global initiatives and work with smart people.

Cons

There are no cons. I enjoy being part of the Softscape team.

Keep up the good work.

It's a Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Softscape

Pros

All employee voices are heard. Softscape has a culture of trust. There is a feeling here of being part of a team. And that your individual contribution makes a difference.

Cons

If you do not like a fast pace and exciting company to work at then you should not consider working here.

My advice would be this is a special place, you can trust the executive management to make good decisions. So don't change it!!

Softscape is a great place to work

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Wayland, MA
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Wayland, MA

I have been working at Softscape

Pros

Excellent Sales Management. Co-works are great and very helpful. Customer focused organization.

Cons

Although our benefits are great, having two personal days would be of value to me.

Sales Management is excellent. Work environment is great. Co-works have an excellent work ethic and are very helpful. I feel that I can have a successful career at Softscape.