Softsol

1 Rating

Company review

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Softsol full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good management and transparent. Listens to employee concern

Cons

Immigration support not as good as it can be

Hire reliable immigration lawyer for employee retention

stable and mature company

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Softsol full-time (less than an year)

Pros

No sales pitches and marketing blitz
    Good work, prestigious customers
    Fair and straightforward

Cons

Some people in previous management were useless. They are gone now, but they should have been fired long time ago.

Please do not tolerate non performance and rants of under performers. If such people do not like working in this company they should not hang in there for 7 years or 10 years, nor should you allow them to abuse your company.

Run away from this company as fast as you can

Former Employee - Technology Consultant in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Technology Consultant in Fremont, CA

I worked at Softsol full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I wish I can say something positive, but none. Lets say that some of the admin staff know, how out of touch the management is with real world. they empathize with the staff as they are in the same boat and try to help the consultants without the knowledge of the CEO/founder.

Cons

Pathetic CEO who has no strategy about building company. Just a yes man to the founders. Management does not have skills to win projects. Founders are out of touch with reality. Think they can do business by bull dozing.

Stop having grudge on your current/former employers. Treat them with respect. They are not the farm workers from India

A honest and fair company with Long term prospects

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Softsol full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good size company, Fair in practices, established name in managed services, proven track record for quality software development and a valuable partner in building IT and business solutions

Cons

Better than other companies I have worked at, but still room for improvements!

More social's at company should help to keep the employees connected and informed on direction company's headed to . This should also help them talk about the company at the client sites = more business opportunities!!

Best thing I ever did - Leave Softsol

Former Employee - Sales in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Fremont, CA

I worked at Softsol full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Not one that I can think of. I am not complaining because I did badly there and was fired. I was actually did a lot of sales and was totally unrewarded for ll the hard work that I put in. I finally gave up and left. They even wanted me to come back.

Cons

Almost too many to list here. Anyway here goes - They do not trust their employees. The middle management do not know what they are doing. They are there because they are "yes" men to the CEO. If you do not agree with Him (however stupid his idea is) you will not be promoted or maybe even fired. Hard work and expertise hve no value here.

Learn to trust employees. Stop micro managing. Advice to middle management - Stop kissing the CEO's .....He doesn't know anything. Typical case of Emperor and his clothes (lack of it)

Not a good place if you are American

Former Employee - Data Analyst
    Former Employee - Data Analyst

I worked at Softsol

Pros

One pro was that lunch was provided every day. Some recognition was given but grudgingly. Ability to adjust schedule to meet your personal life.

Cons

If not from India, recognition not easily forthcoming. American employees worked 8 hr shifts, whereas employees brought over from India worked 10 to 12 hr shifts. There were incentives for hitting goals, but unless 10to 12 hours a day were worked, it was very difficult to make stated goals.

Treat all employees the same regardless of country of birth or nationality. Make goals attainable to everyone. Pay wage stated in interview based on 2080 hr work year.