Softsol

Softsol CEO Suresh Babu

Suresh Babu

Company review

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsGood management and transparent. Listens to employee concern

ConsImmigration support not as good as it can be

Advice to Senior ManagementHire reliable immigration lawyer for employee retention

stable and mature company

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsNo sales pitches and marketing blitz
    Good work, prestigious customers
    Fair and straightforward

ConsSome people in previous management were useless. They are gone now, but they should have been fired long time ago.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease do not tolerate non performance and rants of under performers. If such people do not like working in this company they should not hang in there for 7 years or 10 years, nor should you allow them to abuse your company.

Run away from this company as fast as you can

Technology Consultant (Former Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsI wish I can say something positive, but none. Lets say that some of the admin staff know, how out of touch the management is with real world. they empathize with the staff as they are in the same boat and try to help the consultants without the knowledge of the CEO/founder.

ConsPathetic CEO who has no strategy about building company. Just a yes man to the founders. Management does not have skills to win projects. Founders are out of touch with reality. Think they can do business by bull dozing.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop having grudge on your current/former employers. Treat them with respect. They are not the farm workers from India

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A honest and fair company with Long term prospects

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsGood size company, Fair in practices, established name in managed services, proven track record for quality software development and a valuable partner in building IT and business solutions

ConsBetter than other companies I have worked at, but still room for improvements!

Advice to Senior ManagementMore social's at company should help to keep the employees connected and informed on direction company's headed to . This should also help them talk about the company at the client sites = more business opportunities!!

Best thing I ever did - Leave Softsol

Sales (Former Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsNot one that I can think of. I am not complaining because I did badly there and was fired. I was actually did a lot of sales and was totally unrewarded for ll the hard work that I put in. I finally gave up and left. They even wanted me to come back.

ConsAlmost too many to list here. Anyway here goes - They do not trust their employees. The middle management do not know what they are doing. They are there because they are "yes" men to the CEO. If you do not agree with Him (however stupid his idea is) you will not be promoted or maybe even fired. Hard work and expertise hve no value here.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to trust employees. Stop micro managing. Advice to middle management - Stop kissing the CEO's .....He doesn't know anything. Typical case of Emperor and his clothes (lack of it)

Not a good place if you are American

Data Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsOne pro was that lunch was provided every day. Some recognition was given but grudgingly. Ability to adjust schedule to meet your personal life.

ConsIf not from India, recognition not easily forthcoming. American employees worked 8 hr shifts, whereas employees brought over from India worked 10 to 12 hr shifts. There were incentives for hitting goals, but unless 10to 12 hours a day were worked, it was very difficult to make stated goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat all employees the same regardless of country of birth or nationality. Make goals attainable to everyone. Pay wage stated in interview based on 2080 hr work year.

Worked for Softsol? Contribute to the Community!