Softsol Reviews

Suresh Babu

1. stable and mature company

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Softsol full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No sales pitches and marketing blitz Good work, prestigious customers Fair and straightforward

Cons

Some people in previous management were useless. They are gone now, but they should have been fired long time ago.

Advice to Management

Please do not tolerate non performance and rants of under performers. If such people do not like working in this company they should not hang in there for 7 years or 10 years, nor should you allow them to abuse your company.

2. Run away from this company as fast as you can

Former Employee - Technology Consultant in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Technology Consultant in Fremont, CA

I worked at Softsol full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I wish I can say something positive, but none. Lets say that some of the admin staff know, how out of touch the management is with real world. they empathize with the staff as they are in the same boat and try to help the consultants without the knowledge of the CEO/founder.

Cons

Pathetic CEO who has no strategy about building company. Just a yes man to the founders. Management does not have skills to win projects. Founders are out of touch with reality. Think they can do business by bull dozing.

Advice to Management

Stop having grudge on your current/former employers. Treat them with respect. They are not the farm workers from India

Best thing I ever did - Leave Softsol

Former Employee - Sales in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Fremont, CA

I worked at Softsol full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Not one that I can think of. I am not complaining because I did badly there and was fired. I was actually did a lot of sales and was totally unrewarded for ll the hard work that I put in. I finally gave up and left. They even wanted me to come back.

Cons

Almost too many to list here. Anyway here goes - They do not trust their employees. The middle management do not know what they are doing. They are there because they are "yes" men to the CEO. If you do not agree with Him (however stupid his idea is) you will not be promoted or maybe even fired. Hard work and expertise hve no value here.

Advice to Management

Learn to trust employees. Stop micro managing. Advice to middle management - Stop kissing the CEO's .....He doesn't know anything. Typical case of Emperor and his clothes (lack of it)

RSS Feed </> Embed