Softtek Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Good at the beginning, but you get bored after a little while.

I have been working at Softtek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great for a newly grad, or when migrating from small business into large corporate environments. Most of the good stuff to learn comes from customers. Health insurance is some expensive, but is worth the price.

Cons

Too focused on cost reduction, their process and its metrics are usually out of real world. You are only told half the truth (even full lies) whenever any issue arises. No training at all, Softtek university is a joke.

Advice to Management

you should take care of the people who works for you and your customers, we are what you sell.

Disorganized company that expects a lot for as little as possible

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Softtek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

***I worked as a direct employee. Softtek employs a lot of contractors to work on site for their clients who are likely to have very different experiences.*** Benefits are paid on top of salary and it's above average coverage. Employees are given the chance and/or required to do things very far outside of regular responsibilities (sometimes a pro, sometimes a con...but I'm really struggling for pros here).

Cons

Very few company holidays and small amount of paid time off (12 days total sick/vacation/etc per year for first 5 years). EXTREMELY disorganized. A lot of cooks in the kitchen, too many chiefs not enough Indians, and any other cliche that describes an experience where you're told different things each week. People are often promoted based on character. Which sounds great, except that means that half the company isn't qualified to do the job they're in. They are accustomed to the payscale in the Mexican market and underpay employees in the US. HR is a mess. There were repeated issues with salary and paperwork and on multiple occasions I had to google information and figure out my own answers to common HR questions.

Advice to Management

Figure out a more reasonable hierarchy because when departments overlap and fall under multiple headings with distinctly different goals it creates major confusion. Pay people what they're worth in the US market.

bad management and old fashion school business

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I worked at Softtek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

work from home, good balance for life and work, that will be the good side, the rest is crap without motivation, and professional growth.

Cons

bad paid, poor benefits, and old management ideas, no professional growth, and lack of values,

The Never Change and Always get worse company

I have been working at Softtek full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I am looking hard to find one.

Cons

So many that I don't even have enough space here.

Advice to Management

You all should leave your posts. There is no sense in having you controlling this company. You keep saying that this company is going to be public and I hope when that became true you are all gone. Learn how to do business, see out there and follow the best companies. You don't need to be big to be good.

6. Great Place to Work

Pros

On the job you learn a lot and its a great way to start your career if you have just graduated from college. This would be your stepping stone to begin. Another thing I liked is that you can get certifications on different tools and you will be refunded back if you pass.

Cons

There are gaps in communication. Sometimes it feels like you are just another number. I would be happy if more recognition to the employees would be made such as bonuses and more flexible on approving vacation days.

Advice to Management

I would advice Management to be more in contact with their workers and have frequent one on one conversations to check how they are feeling and what can be improved.

Blah

I worked at Softtek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

You NEVER will get a raise- so you better sign on at something you don't mind getting for years. Very unorganized as a company and processes always are changing.

Advice to Management

Take better care of your employees and offer more raises for their extra effort!!! Due "real" performance evaluations and work on structure and organizational errors and problems.

Not good for experienced professionals

I worked at Softtek full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They work with multiple technologies including Microsoft, SAP and Oracle. They have clients on many different business industries.

Cons

They are focused on reducing costs so the offshore resources are not employees but associates, many "experts" are just people with basic knowledge of the technologies. Many managers have no experience so their decisions constantly add stress to the team members and project leaders.

Advice to Management

Create grow opportunities for experienced resources and improve training for offshore resources

Rewarding, with some downsides

Current Employee - Systems Administrator
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator

I have been working at Softtek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Excellent working atmosphere - Great learning opportunity - Depending on the project, ability to work for top companies as an outsourced resource

Cons

- Limited by project growth - As any outsourcing company, very focused on cost reduction, to a point of forcing rotation

Advice to Management

I suggest the top management to closely follow the middle management cost reduction policies, to assure that small savings are not being obtained at a cost on quality, or valuable employees moving elsewhere

Very limited opportunities to grow, bad management

Former Employee - Software Tester in Latham, NY
    Former Employee - Software Tester in Latham, NY

I worked at Softtek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Opportunities to go abroad and work with the clients, especially in the United States

Cons

- Onsite Managers dont take care of the company employees - Almost no opportunities to grow in the company

Ok to work there as a step into something better

Current Employee - Project Lead in Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - Project Lead in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at Softtek full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You learn a lot there.

Cons

Being a contractor, you need to stick to outdated policies implemented by the clients. The terms of your work situation are not discussed with you, you have no saying on hours you'll like to work or even if you prefer to work from home, mostly because they will try to comply with every whim the client wants as long they keep a project. They will charge the client a lot for you and only pay you a very little percentage of that.

Advice to Management

Look out more for your employees, while it is understandable that you don't want to loose business with your major client, you certainly don't want to loose your employees every time they get a better offer.

RSS Feed </> Embed