Software Management Consultants

Updated September 18, 2014
Updated September 18, 2014
3.1

Spencer L. Karpf

Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Software Management Consultants full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great benefits and pay, best team members all the way up to C-level, VP's and Managerial. This environment makes you want to work hard on your own volition with the perfect work-life balance and flexibility to maintain the fire of recruiting and staffing. Everyone here has had longevity with the company. SMCI will give you growth opportunities and flexibility to help you succeed.

Cons

Truly none so far in my experience here.

I value the open-door and honest policy which makes this company one-of-a-kind. Glad to have found an organization that cares about their employees, delivers on every promise. This company is unique with its thorough process.

Great place to be

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Software Management Consultants full-time

Pros

SMCI pays well, has a great work culture and treats both clients and consultants they way they should be treated. Our management goes above and beyond to do the right thing for anyone of our clients and consultants and internal employees

Cons

none that I can think of.

Great place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Software Management Consultants full-time

Pros

Good pay and benefits and a Great working environment. I work in the corporate office working directly for upper management and I am treated with a great deal of respect and have been provided with a very flexible schedule which is nearly priceless. I also enjoy working with my fellow co-workers and we all get along which also makes it a much more positive experience.

Cons

It is still a job.

Leave you high and dry

Former Employee - Project Manager in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Burbank, CA

I worked at Software Management Consultants full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Account managers are very good when they need you and want to place you

Cons

Once you're placed, you're on your own. Anything you bring up with the account managers are brushed under the rug and ignored. They only care about their relationship with the client and not their employees

Provide better HR training for your account managers

Scary

I have been working at Software Management Consultants

Pros

The Glendale office is respectful and very helpful and they know what they're doing.

Cons

Very rude and unprofessional office management. Thinks more about money then the people that work in the office. Often speaks down to staff on regular occasions. More people will leave the company if the actions of the management is not corrected

Decent pay, but don't expect anything else.

I worked at Software Management Consultants as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Better pay than at many other contract/temp agencies. They have many opportunities with many clients.

Cons

Keep in mind that in the case of an abusive working environment, SMCI's loyalty is with the client, and NOT the worker -- they will just get someone else into the position in order to keep the gravy train going. Benefits are poor: No contributions to 401k plan, and they opted for the additional year until 2015 to provide health benefits for all employees.

Treat your employees better.

Just another revolving door staffing firm

Former Employee - Systems Administrator (for Their Client) in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator (for Their Client) in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Software Management Consultants as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Pay was good, my recruiter was good although he left half way through the contract for another job. Checks showed up on time

Cons

Absolutely no communication after my rep left. Nobody knew what contract I was on and had no contact with the client company. Client company ended the contract early and SMCI left me out to dry. When I was contacted they wanted me to jump through hoops as though I had never worked for them before even though I made them boatloads of money for 6 months! No respect and poorly trained staff.

Stop trying to be Robert Half. They're nothing to look up to. And when you have a profitable consultant working for you don't hang them out to dry when the contract ends.

Great experience, great environment, very supportive management

I have been working at Software Management Consultants full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It is refreshing to work for a company that stands behind its employees and provides an environment that allows individuals to have a voice in the IT recruiting industry. They really make great effort to respect both client and candidates. The staff is very committed to providing a great experience to the end user of services.

Cons

I have enjoyed working for this company and cant think of any thing to add here that would be worth listing.

Keep doing what you are doing, in creating an environment that allows employees to feel empowered.

stressful environment and management gets on your nerves

I have been working at Software Management Consultants

Pros

they have cheap medical insurance...

Cons

rude management, doesn't care for employees, favoritism, money hungry, tracks each and every activity.

get a life and don't picture as if SMCI is the only staffing company around. There are thousands of companies which are better than SMCI.

Good company to work for with good values and ethics and transparency

Current Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Software Management Consultants full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good clients, very transparent system and good training to make sure you are successful in your job. Lots of opportunities to make very good commission.

Cons

Sales people are treated differently and get paid a lot more than Recruiters

Pay Recruiters and Sales people equally and put same level of responsibility on both