Software Management Consultants Reviews

Spencer L. Karpf

1. Good company for technical positions

Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in Irvine, CA

Pros

Has ins at a lot of good companies

Cons

Hires only for technical positions

2. Rude and bad Manners. Learn to speak English

I have been working at Software Management Consultants full-time

Pros

If you are from India you will probably understand them very well.

Cons

I have to be honest. I do not work for this company. However, they were so rude to me over the phone I felt it necessary to look them up. I would never work for them or use them to get a job. I received a call from someone who I could not understand. They had to repeat every other sentence two and three times just so I could figure out what they were saying. They kept demanding I read the email they sent even though I told them I was not near a computer. When I did read the email I decided I was not interested in the job they were offering and replied that I do not agree to the official agreement they had sent. They then called me and asked my to agree and send them the proof. ??? I told them no thank you and they kept rattling on very rudely and hung up on me. This ticked me off so I called them back to complain. I asked to speak to a manager but they still couldn't speak English very well and eventually hung up on me again. This is why I am doing this here. I am not a prejudice person but this is ridiculous.

Advice to Management

Hire people who speak english

Another old school staffing company

I have been working at Software Management Consultants full-time

Pros

They give you time to ramp up and has a long learning curve and we get cool offices.

Cons

They have passive aggressive management who seem very fake. Only 1% of the people make a lot of money while everyone else makes nothing. And there's no incentive for you to work harder since their commission structure is so confusing and horrible. They also love giving you lip service to make you happy and they turn around and do another thing.

Advice to Management

Look at all the turnover that has happened in the past year. It should say something about how you guys are "running" your company! Incentivize your Recruiters and Sales people to work hard by paying us actual commission Find better management to run your offices Train people more since you like to hire people with no recruiting experience

5. Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Software Management Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and pay, best team members all the way up to C-level, VP's and Managerial. This environment makes you want to work hard on your own volition with the perfect work-life balance and flexibility to maintain the fire of recruiting and staffing. Everyone here has had longevity with the company. SMCI will give you growth opportunities and flexibility to help you succeed.

Cons

Truly none so far in my experience here.

Advice to Management

I value the open-door and honest policy which makes this company one-of-a-kind. Glad to have found an organization that cares about their employees, delivers on every promise. This company is unique with its thorough process.

6. Great place to be

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Software Management Consultants full-time

Pros

SMCI pays well, has a great work culture and treats both clients and consultants they way they should be treated. Our management goes above and beyond to do the right thing for anyone of our clients and consultants and internal employees

Cons

none that I can think of.

7. Great place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Software Management Consultants full-time

Pros

Good pay and benefits and a Great working environment. I work in the corporate office working directly for upper management and I am treated with a great deal of respect and have been provided with a very flexible schedule which is nearly priceless. I also enjoy working with my fellow co-workers and we all get along which also makes it a much more positive experience.

Cons

It is still a job.

Leave you high and dry

Former Employee - Project Manager in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Burbank, CA

I worked at Software Management Consultants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Account managers are very good when they need you and want to place you

Cons

Once you're placed, you're on your own. Anything you bring up with the account managers are brushed under the rug and ignored. They only care about their relationship with the client and not their employees

Advice to Management

Provide better HR training for your account managers

Scary

Pros

The Glendale office is respectful and very helpful and they know what they're doing.

Cons

Very rude and unprofessional office management. Thinks more about money then the people that work in the office. Often speaks down to staff on regular occasions. More people will leave the company if the actions of the management is not corrected

10. Great experience, great environment, very supportive management

I have been working at Software Management Consultants full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is refreshing to work for a company that stands behind its employees and provides an environment that allows individuals to have a voice in the IT recruiting industry. They really make great effort to respect both client and candidates. The staff is very committed to providing a great experience to the end user of services.

Cons

I have enjoyed working for this company and cant think of any thing to add here that would be worth listing.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, in creating an environment that allows employees to feel empowered.

stressful environment and management gets on your nerves

Pros

they have cheap medical insurance...

Cons

rude management, doesn't care for employees, favoritism, money hungry, tracks each and every activity.

Advice to Management

get a life and don't picture as if SMCI is the only staffing company around. There are thousands of companies which are better than SMCI.

RSS Feed </> Embed