Software Specialists

Be The First To
Add Photos

Software Specialists President & CEO Ronald Seibert

Ronald Seibert

Nice company to work for

Technical Recruiter (Former Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Software Specialists

ProsSSI is a "work hard, play hard" company. They are sensitive to work/life balance and are very generous to the employees. The employees work hard, have great incentives to succeed, and have a good time together. The owner is a great guy, very family oriented, very easy to work for. The VP is awesome.

ConsSome managers are not managers; well, not good managers. There is a huge disconnect between managers and employees. There is a lack of respect among sales, recruiters and their respective managers. Meetings are way too long and unproductive and threats are issued unnecessarily.

Advice to Senior ManagementUse a recruiter to find better managers. There is a lack of expertise and professionalism among managers and some of the employees. Remember that you get what you pay for. You hire nice people, but they are not necessarily good at what they do. You would be much further ahead if you just bit the bullet, paid for an expert and let that person increase productivity and, consequently, revenue.

Lack of communication

Desktop Support (Current Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Software Specialists as a contractor

ProsNA There were no Pros to provide

ConsHuge failure to communicate after the initial call.

Advice to Senior ManagementGoogle business structure and customer service.

Overall - Pleasant experience.

Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee)
Coraopolis, PA

I worked at Software Specialists as a contractor for less than a year

ProsPeople are helpful. The overall experience is good. Good company benefits for contractors.

ConsAccount manager communications with their clients could be drastically improved. Client I contracted to only heard from Software Specialists once after I was accepted for the contract. Other companies were in contact with the client on a monthly basis. Short handed, when key personnel in the office left the company, they were not replaced. All phone calls for the main number went to voice mail of the person that left, and it was not monitored. Changed the contract terms after contract started.

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace key people when they leave the office.
Make key decision that pertain to your company and contractors in a timely manner, preferably weeks before they are to go into effects.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Place to work and Do businesss with

Cranberry Township, PA

I have been working at Software Specialists

ProsManagement wants to see you succeed. You're not just another number to them. The company is very reputable and is an easy selling point to potential clients.

ConsBecause the HQ only has a few employees, it's easy for mild annoyances to turn into "In-Fighting"

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't let pettyness distract you from your job. Some peopel just complain to complain-It may be best to nip it in the bud early and tell that type of employee to "Shut Up and Work", for lack of a better term.

Good company for learning new technology

Specialist (Current Employee)
Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Software Specialists full-time for more than 5 years

Prosfreshers can learn a lot in new technology, learning is good

Conssalary is less as per standard

Advice to Senior Managementneed to concern about the employees salary

Worked for Software Specialists? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Software Specialists reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Software Specialists CEO Ronald Seibert . All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Software Specialists employees.