SoftwareONE

Add Photos

Patrick Winter

5 years strong in field sales as a BDM

Business Development Manager (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsSoftwareONE offered me a new market with no clients. They have experienced growing pains due to rapid success and growth AND always adapt quickly to manage that growth and provide resources. The CEO still manages accounts like a field rep and flys ALL year long to make sure he is getting his hands dirty and keeping his ear to the business globally.
    Field employees typically have long tenure because the longer you stay the more you build your client base and annuity revenue along with new gives you the opportunity to do extremely well.
    Raises are regular based on performance. Comp plan if you perform has limitless possibilities for income potential. Quotas are reasonable. The culture is the best I have ever been a part of.
    There is an OPEN door policy at every level In every department.
    Global movement and advancement is encouraged and avaialble.
    Work hard and you will be appreciated in every way and rewarded.

ConsRapid growth keeps is always evolving so you have to be quick with the changing industry as well as licensing models and processes in some cases. Not unreasonable but just part of the climate right now on industry overall.
    Sometime internal teams can be hard
    To navigate because of growth but once you find the right resources you get what you need.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep evolving and making SoftwareONE and exciting and special place to "work" as we are a family and that is what makes us different. Stay the amazing place you are today and we will be a success for years to come.

High School

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Waukesha, WI

ProsBenefits and perks. Company parties are a blast to watch your coworkers (including management) get trashed and embarrass themselves in front of the whole company.

ConsA joke. Do as I say, not as I do type of atmosphere. Management doesn't know what they are doing half the time. They tell you to do one thing and then the next minute completely go in a different direction after finding out what CEO really wants them to do. They have no pull or say, just flying by the seat of their pants. There are select favorites. A ridiculous, gossipy, clicky group of people. If you are not one of "them" watch out, you will be fired. You will be required to put in hours of hard work on a projects to be told "we are not doing that anymore". No gratification or job satisfaction.

Advice to Senior ManagementPatrick Winter, find new management. The boys club you have running the US operations is going to pull your company down.

Fast growing company

ProsGreat people, possible travel options

ConsIf you aren't in sales, you aren't treated as an equal

Advice to Senior ManagementSlow down sometimes

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Flexible work environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEmployee oriented. Focuses on employee growth.

ConsToo structured in some areas

Thankful for the opportunity with SoftwareONE

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBrilliant and fun corporate environment. With the right manager you have unlimited potential. Excellent perks such as pay, trips and events.

ConsMale-dominated management team. Outdated technology within a cutting-edge technology company. Focus changed frequently due to technology environment. Limited to selling software licenses and Software Asset Management when customers need consultants and assistance to project management so revenue spend went to system integrators that we referred to customer.

Advice to Senior ManagementClear vision of SoftwareONE and please promote the brilliant women in the company who obviously deserve it.

Decent starter company but not much for career development.

Business Development Representative (Former Employee) Waukesha, WI

ProsThey make a lot of promises and compensate pretty well in the beginning. They provide you with the freedom to run your own business which is nice.

ConsLots of Office Politics. Management is disorganized with no clear vision; changing their mind even after announcing corporate policy changes. The CEO spends the majority of his time traveling and has no real grasp of any of the SWO subs. The majority of the supporting seniors are involved in a "boys club" environment and really have no say in the overall direction of the company but other employees are lead to believe otherwise. Training is disorganized and not very thorough and the majority, if not all, of the belt trainings are designed overseas and are either inaccurate or incomplete.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffice politics only get you so far be more upfront with your employees and less last minute with your decisions (or after the fact). I always felt that the desire of the VP, GM was to "drop a boom-shell" with every announcement which really isn't necessary in this type of work environment. Stop referring to it as a family, it's not, it's a business.

Business Development Manager

Business Development Manager (Former Employee)

ProsFair compensation plan. Freedom to run the territory as you see fit. Very customer and partner focused.

ConsGood old boys/pretty young girls club. Even if you are doing well preferential treatment is given to a select few and some who's only asset is their physical appearance. Management makes business decisions based on personal relationships instead of what is best for the business; even when it ends up being a determent to the business. Internal systems are greatly lacking.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being a boys club and focus on what is right for the business not what is the most fun for you. Put your egos aside and listen to the seasoned, successful reps in the field who know the business and make suggestions for a reason.

Puppet Show

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGood compensation plan, too bad it's a game.

ConsThis company used to have a good reputation. Once employed you see why things have changed. The Senior Management and VP's are not on the up and up with their partners and manipulate their staff promising more money and perks. They dangle international travel in front of the US employees like a dog to a bone and then change their mind.
    The culture is odd, professional on the forefront, then oddly uncomfortable as the management seem to be interested in uncontrollable flirting and unwelcome advances.
    Interestingly enough, individuals that have also experienced this are quiet about it, and making a fair amount of cash and have been promoted.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to be professional. Any organization that treats their employees as though they are puppets and tears them down just to build them up then down again, is not the definition of 'professional'.
    Teach yourselves to be on the up and up with their Partners (don't steal from them - yes it will be public information soon enough), and try to be professional with your staff...no longer are boys clubs acceptable.

Freedom to run your business but company needs a lot of restructure.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Waukesha, WI

ProsNo micro managment, lots of freedom to run your own business, very much customer and partner focused role.

ConsHorrible managment, completly broken workflows, poor politics, reliant on Microsoft Volume Licensing (a sinking ship). Management is completly removed from BDM's business and take whatever the Inside BDR's say as gold. BDR's are right out of college and often times useless (with some exceptions). This is a very toxic environment with a very poor future.

Advice to Senior ManagementRestructure the entire business model.

Former Business Development Manager

Business Development Manager (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI

Pros-They pay a decent base salary
    -Inside BDRs are knowledgeable to a point
    -Protected Territory

ConsI received hardly any licensing training as a BDM. Their 'On Board' training was a complete waste of time, and it was the worst I have seen in 10 years of sales. They train their inside BDRs for 3months, so it does not make sense why they don’t train their outside reps more with the onboarding process.
    The management is completely disconnected from employees and the growth and development of reps. My manager literally went on only one appointment with me for the entire year! He did not help one bit. This job is a sink or swim position, so unless you have a book of business it will be very hard to be successful. This is a numbers run organization, and they do not care about anything else. There is no company culture and everyone is out for just themselves and their individual numbers.

Advice to Senior ManagementFirst and foremost, train your employees. Go on appointments with them. How are you going to negatively critique them if you do not help or train them? There is no vested time in the sales process.

Worked for SoftwareONE? Contribute to the Community!