SoftwareONE Reviews

3.6
Patrick Winter

Exciting Company with Fantastic Growth Potential

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time

Pros

- Great company culture and core values - Unlimited career advancement potential - Exposure to international business/travel opportunities - SoftwareONE is redefining the Software & Technology Services industry with new solutions offering

Cons

- Aggressive growth strategy makes employee onboarding and customer support challenging at times due to lack of internal resources - Training and ongoing development for field sales team is lacking beyond the initial one week new hire onboarding

Advice to Management

Invest in more full-time resources dedicated to employee onboarding and development. Senior leadership needs to be visible to employees on a consistent basis, not just once or twice per year during annual events.

Great company and people

Current Employee - BDM
    Current Employee - BDM

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have really enjoyed all of the people that I work with. I have a great manager and coworkers. We have a shifting market, and there are some pains involved in shifting with it, but the decisions our leadership is making are necessary to move us forward.

Cons

Information management continues to be a struggle as much of it remains distributed and can be difficult to fine.

Advice to Management

Make your top performers want to stay by rewarding them for their contributions to the company and not ever increasing goals that make it hard to achieve higher compensation thresholds. And annual trips that more people are eligible for.

3. Inside Sales executive

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time

Pros

Robust technology, and constant improvement updates

Cons

This is not a US based Company

5. Business Development Manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Juan, PR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Juan, PR

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Its like having your own business. Good compensation plan.

Cons

Very competitive environment. Have to be very mature as a salesperson to survive. microsoft licensing is a most for 80% of your transactions.

a software company who doesn't invest in software.

I worked at SoftwareONE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

interesting progressive office culture, casual work attire. very bright individuals with excellent licensing knowledge from a Microsoft & Adobe perspective.

Cons

Antiquated ERP/CRM system with MacGyver-like approach to troubleshooting and fixing order entry/management issues. ERP/CRM is SO old and make-shift that data-entry will be your primary function for about 80% + of your time, while performing ACTUAL sales activities falls to the wayside. the smallest human error can result in the organization losing 100k + due to lack of intuitive technology. for an organization that has "software" in the name and strives to consult their clients to adopt the latest and greatest technology, it's quite ironic to see them not practicing their own mantras internally by using technology that is 10+ years old. "Work smarter not harder" is not a concept that is well grasped here. management style is negative reinforcement.

Advice to Management

invest some capital into a capable ERP and CRM system to streamline processes, save time and mitigate risks. invest in an actual professional training/onboarding program that wasn't written by an HR intern or someone in a foreign country who cannot speak fluent English. add more accountability to outside reps to manage their own business and learn the sales systems. give inside reps ability to make commission sine they are driving most of the sales opportunities in the first place.

SoftwareONE is totally legit

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at SoftwareONE

Pros

Company culture is second to none Leadership team cares deeply about employee satisfaction Highest caliber of people in the industry Vision and growth is crazy good

Cons

The jobs here aren't easy, but nothing worth doing usually is Growing so fast there is some delay in formalized process

Advice to Management

Keep investing in the people Stay humble Keep promoting the fantastic culture - don't lose sight of that during this time of hyper-growth

8. Incredible Company with Top notch Leaders

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

SoftwareONE gives each person the opportunity to grow and excel in their career. The CEO himself takes the time to sit down with each and every employee each year to see what feedback they have to provide and takes notes. I will have been at this company for 3 years come April and I couldnt be happier. This company truly cares about their employees and their success vs. Other companies I have worked for that see you as just another "rep" and that means a lot! I truly view SoftwareONE as a family. The culture is amazing and I can't see myself going anywhere else ever. The open door policy we have is the biggest value I see. I have made an effort of getting to know lots of people within the company(both leadership and non leadership) and that has been a big contributor to my success. I would challenge any unhappy employees to really make an effort to get to know some of the leaders in the company as well as your Inside team and other BDMs.

Cons

I don't have much to say in terms of cons. The company does grow at a fast pace so you do have to be prepared to adapt and learn quick. It is definitely doable but you need to be ready to buckle up and get ready for the ride! With the fantastic support of our leaders from both a US and Global perspective, no one should have any issues getting to where you need to be though. If you are having trouble, just ASK! Don't ever be afraid to ask for help!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! You all are doing a great job! Continue being involved and interactive with the BDMs as you are today. Softwareone is a very enjoyable and fun place to work and it is you all who make that experience a positive one!

Good on the surface, a narcissistic CEO makes every decision at every level

I worked at SoftwareONE full-time

Pros

Exceptional people wanting to contribute to the growth and success of the company long term. The company has grown year over year both in revenue and employees between 30% and 50% for the past 8+ years, really due to the loyalty of the employees.

Cons

Global leadership is inexperienced at running and transforming a small company to a large enterprise market player.. While SoftwareONE has 7 fundamental principles it strives for everyone to follow, the person breaking those very principles day after day is at the top of the organization. The CEO can't seem to let go of the day to day to focus on actually leading the organization while letting the regional and country leaders run the business as they know how. He is in everyone's business and constantly overrules on any decisions made, disregarding the local leadership to the point where its often embarrassing and undermining. This is usually all to make himself appear as he is on the side of the employees which is definitely not the case. It is a very politically run "boys club" of a group of top leaders but in the end the CEO makes every decision.

Advice to Management

Simply put: GROW UP. Think like an enterprise company with an employee count of 2000+, make the difficult decisions to move the wrong leaders out of their positions, starting with the CEO. Ultimately, he should be focused as the top sales person of SoftwareONE. Recruit and hire a person to build on the great foundation that is there; someone with true experience building and running a company larger than 500 employees that has transformed itself as the market changes impact or stagnate growth. If you have values and principles you strive to live by, truly stand by them and everyone else will also.

Great place for passionate and entrepreneurial people!

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

SoftwareONE is the biggest entrepreneurial company I've ever worked for. Everyone here has an opportunity to demonstrate leadership to provide value to customers and improve execution. The company is privately help and the owner treats employees like family - hard expectations, but supportive for times in need.

Cons

SoftwareONE does expect hard work and lots of travel. We also expect employees to be passionate about software and software licensing. Must be able to deal with complexity and LOTS of change.

Advice to Management

Need to make sure we're only hiring the "A" players. I know it gets harder as we scale to such a large organization, but we must keep our culture and reputation as being the best.

Tread with extreme caution if you are considering joining this team....

I worked at SoftwareONE

Pros

Singular focus on volume software licensing for corporations maintains maximum resources in areas of strength. Entrepreneurial culture, does its best to change rapidly to keep up with the pace of today's business.

Cons

Once-great company culture of respect for the individual, work hard/[play hard, flat organizational structure, etc. has now been discarded in favor of power politics, cut-throat pressure, hire and fire in a manic drive to achieve in four years what has taken other companies much more time to build up. Boundlessly arrogant Swiss, German, and English leadership team look upon the American company with disdain and have pretty much wiped out those key differentiators that made the original SoftwareONE in the U.S. a success before the merger with the Swiss company. Manic Swiss CEO runs the company like it still has 25 employees instead of 2,000, allowing no one else but himself to make most final decisions, including having to personally approve every hire in the US, etc. Five levels of management underneath him all have to run everything of significance up his ladder. He conducts himself outside of the company values that he preaches to everyone else. Morale in the organization has taken a nosedive in the last two years.

Advice to Management

You are already half way to letting greed and a manic pace destroy what once was one of the best places to work in the world. CEO: learn to delegate. You can't triple the size of your company globally if you keep your finger on every button in the company. Accept the fact that what works in Europe or Asia may not work in the U.S. or South America. Get rid of the blatant hypocrisy and actually live once again by the values that you espouse for the company.

RSS Feed </> Embed