Softworld

Add Photos

Dave Teitelman

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great

Technical Recruiter (Current Employee)
Waltham, MA

I have been working at Softworld full-time for less than a year

ProsI enjoy the concept of work because of Softworld

ConsI hope to continue enjoying my work because of Softworld

Great people, growing business

Technical Recruiter (Former Employee)
Waltham, MA

I worked at Softworld full-time for more than a year

Pros-The people by far are the best reason to work at Softworld. Everyone is nice, smart, and always willing to help.
-Competitive base and commission plan that exceeds industry standards.
-Diverse set of clients from SMB to government contractors.
-Laptop, wireless headset, great software and infrastructure support with cutting-edge web-based ATS

Cons-The hours. Employees are strongly encouraged to work nights and weekends regularly, which is typical of the IT staffing industry in general though. Just know what you're getting into if you want to earn $$$
-The sales people could work better with recruiters to "fight" for their candidates and push back against clients to better qualify requirements rather than just "taking an order."
-Too many meetings and time spent on administrative work (e.g., formatting resumes to perfection).
-Lots of micromanagement, too much metrics tracking and unrealistic individual goals pushed by upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your senior recruiters to get the job done and don't look over their shoulders every second.

Worked for Softworld? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Softworld reviews and ratings in Waltham, MA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Softworld CEO Dave Teitelman. All reviews posted anonymously by Softworld employees.