Sogeti

Updated September 23, 2014
3.1

Sogeti Chairman & CEO Luc-François Salvador
Luc-François Salvador

Pros
  • Decent benefits (150% 401k match, 12k Tuition Reimbursment, Training Opportunites) (in 29 reviews)

• Time-off for work/life balance is one of the best I have seen (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Bonus program seems to have taken the place of raises (in 18 reviews)

• It seems that we always talk about Solutioning and practices but end up doing staff augmentation (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights

13 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

So Far So Good

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Opportunities to learn, emphasis on training and career growth

Cons

You may be asked to do things outside of your comfort zone.

Good people, mediocre leadership team

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Sogeti full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They seem to pay ok relative to peers, profit levels support at market pay

Cons

Leadership is simply abysmal. We want to be Deloitte or IBM or Accenture is not a business strategy. This is your atypical IT company filled with smart engineers that understand computer code and cyberspace - and have no idea about human beings and behavior. Which is what makes Sogeti mediocre and an also-ran as a competitor in their space. They simply believe that money is the #1 an only factor that motivates people to do their jobs and fear of another guy getting more drives you to do it better. This is really what they believe

None. Would serve no purpose

Sogeti is a great company to work for.

Current Employee - Consultant in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than an year)

Pros

New hires have the opportunity to start their career in a growing community. If client spots are not available right away they will keep you on a bench.

Cons

As much as offices and corporate preach opportunities and growth, it does not always feel that their is as much action on this as what is being said.

Great work environment and resources, lousy training, benefits and time management

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Sogeti full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Offers a plethora of professional development and networking resources.

Cons

Doesn't allow any time to use the resources they offer. Lousy benefits package. Bonuses and PTO don't reflect the work you put in.

Give consultants paid time to train and get certifications. Go back to the old PTO format. Offer bonuses on individual achievement, not on generic points system. The issue isn't the local Sogeti branches. It's the global corporate managers. They're completely out of touch with their employees.

Obviously owned and ran by Indian

I have been working at Sogeti

Pros

They do pay consistantly. They hire people straight out school, so if you are under qualified it is a great place to start.

Cons

- They have a "you owe the company" approach to managment
    - Managment has no real focus people, on hitting sales goals
    - Pay to bill rate ratio is vastly out of line with national averages
    - FTE/W2/IC clasifications are blurry, poorly documented, and based mostly on localized managment
    - Have no backbone with clients and pass changes in contracts directly to employees
    - Have an undocumented expense policy and routinely pay expenses 4 - 8 weeks after incurred
    - 90% of back office and managment are H1 Visa with poor communication skills and have no critical thinking ability
    - Ran like a government bueracracy
    - Unethical, billing practices are underhanded
    - Offshore model is horrible and terms are not flexible, Cognizant kicks there butt every time on price, quality, and availability
    - The only way to get rewarded is based on the amount of money they make from you being at client
    - They change benefits and policies without communicating
    - They use the single most difficult time collection tool every made

In the 20 years I have worked in this industry, not one firm has been worse. Since the outsourcing to India boom started I have seen and worked with many off shore teams. It is very obvious that this company is owned and operated from and by resources from India. They think they are better than everyone else, that they add some value that does not exist, and refuse to accept that basically they are just the cheapest guys in town. They have major ethics issues which spawn every facet of the organization from finance to human resources to sales. They fail to meet goals on fixed bid engaments and sell clients on a track record of success that does not exist. The claim to have expetise and experience in markets and SME that are false or created with no backing.

Understand that just becasue the economy is not doing all that well, that people will not stay with you. If you continue to treat people horribly, you will continue to loose market share. In our market, you are loosing clients hand over fist, and you have already lost another, it is just a matter of time.

My time at Sogeti

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Sogeti

Pros

Local clients, great co workers

Cons

Low salary, sales executives can be abrasive

Senior management is very professional and experienced

Decent place to start an IT career, but limited advancement opportunities

I have been working at Sogeti

Pros

1) Wide range of clients in various industries
    2) Education Reimbursement
    3) Good certification programs
    4) Good Health insurance (High-deductible HSA plan; no premiums)
    5) decent online training courses
    6) Dollar for dollar 401k match up to 6%

Cons

1) Must do 2 jobs to advance (your job for your client as well as sales/biz dev)
    2) Not much say into who your client will be
    3) Compensation is kept pretty flat
    4) Performance review process could be better structured and more helpful

Employees are the company's greatest asset. Better communication on key issues.

Good place. Allows to maintain a good balance between personal and professional life.

I have been working at Sogeti

Pros

I would say, it allows you to maintain good balance between professional and personal life. Ideally, one should not expect to take care of errands in office time everyday. Once in a blue moon is ok which they welcome.
    Salary wise, I think it is fair enough and if people are clinging on to it, then that must be one deciding factor for sure.
    People (Technology) are the good that I have come across. There is lot of learning scope.
    Thinking out of the box is encouraged.
    Taking PLOA is always welcomed. I know as person, I would like to morally correct and not take salary for personal work. Not something many would come to term with.

Cons

with reference to point 1, Welcome to time off (for an hour or so) but it has to come off from time sheets or put it PTO. It is something not one does intentionally.
    Sales people are pretty weak and you are not very well looked upon once back from assignment, even though you did pretty well. Poor I am not talking about.
    It should not be consultant's job to keep looking for a project(it's not a staff aug which it used to be) not it is service based model and should move a step further.
    Management needs to understand wholesale is better than retail (analogous to putting one client at higher price or two consultants at 60% billing rate)

Sales people should not make consultants feel that they are not worthy of anything once they are on bench cos at the backdrop, we even performed well.

A good place to start a career, not a good place to stay

I have been working at Sogeti

Pros

fortune 500 client exposure and opportunities

Cons

No collaboration on new assignments, Account Reps are not personal and treat employees as mere bodies; little vacation

Should not cut on your employee benefits...we're lean enough.

A great stepping stone

I have been working at Sogeti

Pros

Great place to learn. If you want to be involved in pursuits, proposals, etc., there's nothing stopping you. Friendly atmosphere and good people. Management tries to be accomodating whenever possible.

Cons

Too much focus on staffing. Senior leadership is shortsighted. Company makes almost no investment in its internal systems, which can become stifling when working with these tools in the field. Lack of name recognition on the East coast.

To become a true solutions provider, more of an investment must be made the support mechanisms that surround that type of work. We need non-billable positions that help pursue and close the big deals. Just using whoever is available creates inadequecies and confusion.