Sogeti

Updated January 30, 2015
3.2

Sogeti Chairman & CEO Luc-François Salvador
Luc-François Salvador

Pros
  • Decent benefits (150% 401k match, 12k Tuition Reimbursment, Training Opportunites) (in 29 reviews)

• Time-off for work/life balance is one of the best I have seen (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Bonus program seems to have taken the place of raises (in 18 reviews)

• It seems that we always talk about Solutioning and practices but end up doing staff augmentation (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights

20 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

After One Year...

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than a year)

Pros

> Decent entry level compensation... after you consider the certificate and continued education reimbursements.
    > Very nice and fun coworkers.
    > Laid back and fun environment.
    > Higher ups treat you with respect and as an equal.
    > Encourage self-betterment. Want you to do things to improve your skill set (and to increase your bill rate).
    > Hardly compensated for working in excess of 40hr/week.

Cons

> Healthcare deductible is absolutely terrible for a single employee ($4450, then company covers 90%).
    > More interested in filling positions at clients than finding the right fit; another reviewer uses the analogy "square peg in a round hole." I joined Sogeti hoping to do primarily OOP (Java or C# primarily - as advertised). I've done almost everything besides that at my first and only client. VB.NET, SSIS, MAINFRAME (COBOL, JCL, DB2), and way too much system testing. I'm not talking about the kind of testing that is expected from developers. I'm talking QA, almost UAT, type testing.
    > Extremely subjective bonus system.

manager

Current Employee - Manager Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sogeti

Pros

good health insurance, relaxed environment

Cons

Comp off policies and sales focused on short term gain

change comp off policy. the comp off should be paid

Good company if you want to grow

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Sogeti full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

If you are the type that places emphasis on learning and growing and being patient with your salary increases, sogeti is a good company to work for. The benefits are good - 401k match of 100% up to 6% of sal + 5 weeks vacation once u hit 7 years of experience. No insurance premiums to pay, but high deductible. HSA can help cover but deductible exceeds max allowed HSA contribution.

Cons

There will be times when you get paid less than your client peers or even direct reports at client. That can be frustrating! You will have to work with management to roadmap your salary adjustments over time. Wont happen in one shot.

Have to prove yourself by being actively involved in unit activities , proposals and certifications. 9-5 folks will find this extra work annoying and will not grow or get rewarded as much.

No bonus program is perfect, but there are instances where for the same person doing the same job with progressively greater responsibilities gets paid less bonus each year because upper management is fiddling around with the job title...this happened 4 years in a row. Similarly the main bonus program doesn't directly tie to things the consultant can control - bill rates(affects profit contribution), otace that make up big parts of the program.

Good place to get started

Former Employee - IT Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - IT Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Sogeti full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It's what you make of it. A lot of access to learning and many ways to get involved with the company and take initiative.

Cons

Very hard to get a bonus. The pay is below the national average for the position and does not adjust based on cost of living for each city. Each unit is different. Some units are better than others. I have found that my particular unit was not close to management.

Try to form a closer relationship with the consultants.

Great opportunity to grow. Not a lot of direction though.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Sogeti full-time

Pros

Tons of opportunities to grow outside of you client engagement. Always looking for people to help lead initiatives and get involved outside of the normal day to day job. Excellent stable client base in Chicago with some great opportunities and ability to stay local. Very hands off (which is good and bad).

Cons

Salaries are average and below average for many. Bonus plan is inconsistent and somewhat out of your control. Management is very hands off unless you engage them (like I said, good and bad).

Push your employees. Hire the best and the brightest. Don't settle just because you need to fill an opening. If you want to be the best, you need to hire the best and keep them engaged & pay market value.

Somewhat satisfactory with room to improve

Current Employee - Software Developer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Collegiate environment
    Personal growth
    Flat management structure

Cons

Healthcare
    Communication between management and units

Be more transparent and forward with employees

Violations.. this "business" needs to be audited.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

None... you are wasting your time.

Cons

No Human Resources. And thats just a start..

A total overhaul of the company structure on how it operates. There is absolutely no accountability leadership in this company. Complete misconception of leadership. This company operates like a Mafia.

Its NO DIFFERENT from a third grade consulting body shop, picking up folks from third party body shops for pennies and fresh grads, under compensating and exploiting them on Visa and immigration aspects. Complete lack of ethics, quality.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME HERE.. JUST NOT WORTH IT. You will be just jeopardizing your career.

Great for Growth in Technology

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefit package to start with however lately they have been pulling back with backhanded benefits

Solid 401k match and profit sharing awards

Alot of IP (from Sogeti and from Capgemini) available however the average consultant is not always informed of these things; self discovery is necessary

Cons

Salaries are below industry averages; if you are not in the 'preferred category' in your region you may be given meager raises until you threaten to leave or complain.

Upper Management has a history of changing the game midstream to fit their purposes without notice or explanation

Work on communication to mid management and local hr; we are constantly surprised with changes from Sr Management and are then in the line of fire with questions from consultants which we are not able to answer.

If you are going to change something you need to socialize it to management before making the change so we can be prepared and not in fire fighting mode

Sogeti is a body shop, straight and simple

Former Employee - Software Developer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Sogeti full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Sogeti pays decently well, about average for the market.

Cons

Despite their attempted positioning as a consulting firm for mid-size companies, Sogeti is a body shop. They are much more similar to, say, TEKsystems or KForce than to, say, CapGemini or Accenture in that they make their profit by renting out their staff -- usually programmers -- to client firms. Sadly, they will often try to fit a square peg in a round hole. During my tenure, for example, I saw a Java programmer being rented out as a Business Analyst.

Start viewing your staff as humans rather than just a bundle of skills to be pushed off on the customer.

Great for developers, so-so for non-techies. Cheap.

Current Employee - Manager Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good training opportunities
    Good client base
    Growing business
    MS and IBM partner
    Growing in testing and BI, starting in mobile development

Cons

No raises for non-techies (PMs, BAs)
    Bonus is based on factors you have no control over, or you have to give up life outside of work
    They constantly look for ways to chisel you (like they essentially dropped comp time this year)
    No Agile client base
    Long commutes depending on where you live
    Will place you into assignments where your skills are not the best fit, just to get you off the bench
    Keep telling you how well business is doing but still don't give raises or bonus