Sogeti Reviews in Cincinnati, OH

Updated October 29, 2014
Updated October 29, 2014

Sogeti Chairman & CEO Luc-François Salvador
Luc-François Salvador

Pros
  • Decent benefits (150% 401k match, 12k Tuition Reimbursment, Training Opportunites) (in 28 reviews)

• Great 401(k), Good Benefits-no premiums on med/dental co (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Bonus program seems to have taken the place of raises (in 18 reviews)

• Work life balance is what they promote but in reality, it does not happen (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

44 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Experiences and Growth

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than an year)

Pros

--Benefits: immediate 150% 401k match up to 6% contribution and just 3-year vested schedule, Profit Sharing, Vacation Days, Tuition Reimbursement...
    --Training material available: there's an entire learning center for consultants to access
    --Bonus Program: Reading some of the other reviews, it seems people aren't a fan of it and one reviewer said "you have to work your butt off to get a bonus".... NO KIDDING? You don't say?! What kind of concept is that? Work extra hard to get BONUS pay, above and beyond your generous salary?! Another reviewer said you need to be "in" with the people that rate. Why yes, you should be reaching out to your local management and be proactive. How do you think they're going to rate you if they don't even know you exist? The Bonus Program is definitely a positive about this company.
    --Overall work/personal life balance
    --Project opportunities
    --Client Base
    --Counselor Program
    --Support from regional / geographical managers and Account Executives: be proactive and keep in touch with the important people in your region and in your unit. You will get lots of support from them and will be given great opportunities, as you show you care and put forth more effort.

Cons

The only "con" I experience isn't company-specific, it's the nature of business and consulting. There are times you're given short notice or little information on projects and have to adjust quickly and be on your own to figure out what's going on. All you do to overcome that is communicate well and be proactive and ask questions / reach out to points of contact who will guide you. If anything, this can actually be a "pro" because it keeps you on your feet and forces you to learn / grow at a faster pace than the typical "comfort zone".

The upper management I've come in contact with have been very supportive and always communicate opportunities for webinars we can attend, keep us in the loop about what's going on in the unit, industry, etc...

The only thing I did wish is that we could get more support for are external training events. There's a lot of free webcasts and training we have access to, but sponsored events put on by technical corporations or professional organizations, like SAP, TIBCO and PMI, those are next to impossible to get funding for.

Horrible policies and short-sighted managers

Former Employee - Consultant In Digital Transformation in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Consultant In Digital Transformation in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Sogeti full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Free soda and coffee
    - Great benefits (401k, profit share)

Cons

- Managers are extremely incompetent. When I was hired, I was told that clients were lining up outside the door and projects would be flooding in, so they needed me. After 4 months sitting in a cold, windowless office, I left after getting 0 projects while I was there. The execs don't even try to get digital projects, they are too concerned about P&G and GE contracts.

- My managers had the poorest communication skills I've ever seen in a professional environment. My direct supervisor had a STRONG Indian accent, I could barely understand what he was saying and his e-mails and texts were even worse. He blamed me for the communication problems, even though several co-workers had told me that they were experiencing the same thing.

- They hire you after seeing what skills you have, then when you get there ask you to do jobs involving skills you have 0 experience with. You have to learn the skill while doing the job, which makes it very stressful and inefficient.

- Spread their resources too thin. I was skipped over for some contracts in favor of other, equally-skilled consultants even though they were swamped with work as it is, merely because the manager or exec knew them personally. There's a lot of personal bias.

- Depressing work environment. The suits in the corner offices don't even acknowledge that you exist, and since everyone is in and out of ATO, you never see anyone.

Hire managers that can actually communicate effectively in English. Change your ATO policies. Use your resources effectively. Don't make false promises to new hires, or you will never change your absurdly high turnover. Get a better work environment for those on ATO, it just sucks. Everyone in that office looked like they wanted to shoot themselves.

Entry level developer

Former Employee - Consultant in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Sogeti full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

While at Sogeti I felt like I was my own boss. I would work downtown, in the office, or from home whenever and however I needed. The people I worked with were usually friendly and professional. I obtained invaluable business experience but had to speak up to get real development work.

Cons

I was underpaid and felt management only saw me as a number. Most of my projects were either too easy or not a good fit.

There is not any transparency for how the process works. Nearly all new developers I spoke with were very bored with their work. You need to understand the needs of your employees if you want to keep them.

Great place to start and gain experience

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Large exposure to different technologies that allows individuals to gain experience in the entire SDLC. This helps people plan their careers based upon what they enjoy doing and don't. Generous tuition reimbursement and 401k matching available immediately joining the company. Full pay when not on an active project.

Cons

In a individual augmentation resourcing model, employees have to maintain vocality about their involvement with the client for the organization to be recognized for promotions and raises. People can get forgotten about at their client sites by the unit if on projects that last over time. Bonus Program while generous is hard capped allowing X number or people to earn the maximum and basing the remainder to earn less and less, structured on additional hard caps. Due to the nature of the new practices structure, this leads to alienation between different career paths and the groups feel cliquey and fragmented.

Reducing internal cost is great but not at the expense of losing talent or reducing work quality of life.

Things have definitely gotten worse.

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Sogeti full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you work here, you're a consultant. The money was good. I liked a lot of the people.

Cons

The benefits have gone downhill. The bonus structure is complicated and difficult to understand. This won't be a good experience for you unless you are a consultant who likes to sell. Sales is what they reward. Also, it's a true consulting company, so you get what comes along with being a consultant. There is not really a bench policy anymore. I was let go after 3 days on the bench. My boss was replaced by someone who just wanted to cut costs (that's what his bonus is based on). The new guy let people go so that he could get a better bonus. At Sogeti you are seen as $$$, not as a person.

Stop worrying so much about the bottom line and invest more in the people. No one is going to work there if they know you're going to let them go as soon as they're on the bench. Also, replace the Cincinnati management.

Staff Augmentation

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Most of your working will be independent with the client, so you have control over your day. Get experience at different companies, while maintaining the same job.

Cons

Sogeti is not a true consulting company there are few to no projects, and all of the work is staff augmentation. As a consultant you will not get the experience and methodologies present at other consulting companies. Sogeti is a staff augmentation or resource company.

The structure of the company is based on selling resources (staff augmentation), the bonus structure and advancement is based on this. A technical resource will not have opportunities to advance, get training, and get the high bonuses at Sogeti. The only people who have been at Sogeti long term are the sales people who did not come up the consulting track, HR reps who have no technical or consulting background, the back office workers who came in as front desk secretaries, and senior managers who are selling resources. Technical people, project managers, and business analysts leave in 3 years after they are vested in the 401k plan and get very poor raises during those years, once you get to know people there it is well known that raises are not given out.

The projects you will work on are rarely cutting edge or large enterprise project, much of the work is maintenance and support. Clients are generally not impressed with Sogeti and are vocal about it. As a consultant you will not grow within Sogeti, or within the client, your growth will be limited to what you do outside of Sogeti.

Most of the non-consultants: low level HR reps, back office workers, and sales people have offices with window views and are vastly under qualified for their job. No one outside of billing consultants have consulting experience, which creates a difficult environment for conversations regarding clients and projects. The non-consultants are treated like gold, while the consultants are treated like a depreciating product. Also if you are a consultant and your client has a day off, you have to use PTO, unfortunately clients have significantly more days off than Sogeti does so go ahead and knock several days off your PTO as you will be forced to use them.

If you read the other favorable reviews they are written as though it is an advertisement and I believe they are fake as I just learned Sogeti monitors the reviews here. Be wary of those reviews as I have not met another person at Sogeti who is actually happy with their work or opportunities that is on the consulting side.

Create a track for advancement for technical people, project managers, and business analysts. Change the bonus structure to incorporate non-sales work. Remove the low level HR reps and back offices from the window offices and create more meeting rooms for consultants. Create training programs from outside companies for consultants. Give out raises based on performance at the client site as they are the customers.

Great people to work with but Management is not at all cooperative

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Sogeti full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people, Good Work Environment

Cons

Bad Perks
    Management seems to be very mean dont try to understand the employess only bothered about rate.

Good Experience for adding new skills.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Descent benefits, lots of vacation time can accrue. No health care premiums. Pay on the bench. Plenty of training opportunities, but you have to drive the effort.

Cons

Small pay raises, but they are there. Bonus program is confusing, subjective. Must be very proactive on the bench to find new engagements.

Changes are being made to practices which is good, but too frequent changes to practices are not., AE communication with consultants is not always the best.

Decent consulting company.

Current Employee - Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Ability to sell and deliver are available to each consultant

Cons

Limited solution based deliveries for clients were available - mostly resource / staff aug based - that gets old after awhile. HR management has been very weak over the years. Promotions are limited and you must push for the promotion rather than your body of work

Contribution margin is important but not only indicator of success with a client

Good company, but always keep a lookout for another job

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Probably benefits and generous pay

Cons

2 week notice for layoff

Keep it up!