Sogeti Reviews

3.3
Sogeti CEO Hans van Waayenburg
Hans van Waayenburg
1 Rating

Pros
  • Decent benefits (150% 401k match, 12k Tuition Reimbursment, Training Opportunites) (in 29 reviews)

• Time-off for work/life balance is one of the best I have seen (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Bonus program is confusing, subjective (in 18 reviews)

• There is a bit of a brand identity issue as the business evolves from staff augmentation to all solution oriented (in 17 reviews)

1. Great Opportunity to grow

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good training programs.
    Great opportunities to grow.
    Good client-base.

Cons

I don't see any cons working at Sogeti.

2. meh

Current Employee - Senior Consultant/Senior Developer in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant/Senior Developer in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Sogeti (More than a year)

Pros

I like the access I have to Microsoft and the associated company relationships.

Cons

The bonus structure is baffling, the benefits are poor and the time-off/leave levels are abysmal compared to places I've worked in the past (by a factor of 10). The sales focus that gets driven down to the "trench" (consultant) level

3. Okay

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Sogeti (Less than a year)

Pros

Good opportunities to get experience in many industries with the client base and good training material available via their online tools. 401K is the best I've seen or heard of anywhere.

Cons

Bonus program is difficult and geared towards sales, so if you don't like helping sales focus as a consultant, then may be difficult to obtain one.

Advice to Management

Make the bonus program more straight forward based on service to clients for non sales people and once you get it right, quit changing it every year.

5. Great company for advancement

Current Employee - Solutions Delivery Leader in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Solutions Delivery Leader in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I came from a small IT company to this company and the differences are stunning. The company invests in its employees by providing virtually unlimited training/learning opportunities including PMP, ITIL, etc. the work/life balance is amazing and the ability to work from home virtually whenever you feel like it make this place a great company. When I first started I could tell this would be a great place to work because most of my coworkers/fellow employees that I was introduced to had been with the company for 5-10 years so the turnover rate is low.

Cons

Sometimes feel like you can get lost in the shuffle since it is a worldwide company

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your younger employees as you currently are and improve upon the bonus program, maybe give each office flexibility in allowing raises instead of only being allowed to do so in October.

Great place for consulting non-mngt professionals!

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Stability, mix breed of fortune and mid size client, flexibility, benefits, counselor program, non-management consultants, tenure

Cons

Growth into mngt, stagnant compensation, promotion and raises out of sync, politics, favoritism, words out of sync with actions, on the ground ethics low

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach, release professionals with pride as they are your future clients

7. Good at certain levels, a few areas need to improve a lot

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lot of emphasis on sales which is good but if the person is sales oriented.

Cons

Less emphasis on team structure and team building. Salaries need to be normalized based on location.

Advice to Management

Please focus on resource management.

Horrible policies and short-sighted managers

Former Employee - Consultant In Digital Transformation in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Consultant In Digital Transformation in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Sogeti full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Free soda and coffee
    - Great benefits (401k, profit share)

Cons

- Managers are extremely incompetent. When I was hired, I was told that clients were lining up outside the door and projects would be flooding in, so they needed me. After 4 months sitting in a cold, windowless office, I left after getting 0 projects while I was there. The execs don't even try to get digital projects, they are too concerned about P&G and GE contracts.

- My managers had the poorest communication skills I've ever seen in a professional environment. My direct supervisor had a STRONG Indian accent, I could barely understand what he was saying and his e-mails and texts were even worse. He blamed me for the communication problems, even though several co-workers had told me that they were experiencing the same thing.

- They hire you after seeing what skills you have, then when you get there ask you to do jobs involving skills you have 0 experience with. You have to learn the skill while doing the job, which makes it very stressful and inefficient.

- Spread their resources too thin. I was skipped over for some contracts in favor of other, equally-skilled consultants even though they were swamped with work as it is, merely because the manager or exec knew them personally. There's a lot of personal bias.

- Depressing work environment. The suits in the corner offices don't even acknowledge that you exist, and since everyone is in and out of ATO, you never see anyone.

Advice to Management

Hire managers that can actually communicate effectively in English. Change your ATO policies. Use your resources effectively. Don't make false promises to new hires, or you will never change your absurdly high turnover. Get a better work environment for those on ATO, it just sucks. Everyone in that office looked like they wanted to shoot themselves.

Entry level developer

Former Employee - Consultant in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

While at Sogeti I felt like I was my own boss. I would work downtown, in the office, or from home whenever and however I needed. The people I worked with were usually friendly and professional. I obtained invaluable business experience but had to speak up to get real development work.

Cons

I was underpaid and felt management only saw me as a number. Most of my projects were either too easy or not a good fit.

Advice to Management

There is not any transparency for how the process works. Nearly all new developers I spoke with were very bored with their work. You need to understand the needs of your employees if you want to keep them.

Great place to start and gain experience

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Large exposure to different technologies that allows individuals to gain experience in the entire SDLC. This helps people plan their careers based upon what they enjoy doing and don't. Generous tuition reimbursement and 401k matching available immediately joining the company. Full pay when not on an active project.

Cons

In a individual augmentation resourcing model, employees have to maintain vocality about their involvement with the client for the organization to be recognized for promotions and raises. People can get forgotten about at their client sites by the unit if on projects that last over time. Bonus Program while generous is hard capped allowing X number or people to earn the maximum and basing the remainder to earn less and less, structured on additional hard caps. Due to the nature of the new practices structure, this leads to alienation between different career paths and the groups feel cliquey and fragmented.

Advice to Management

Reducing internal cost is great but not at the expense of losing talent or reducing work quality of life.

11. Great Experiences and Growth

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

--Benefits: immediate 150% 401k match up to 6% contribution and just 3-year vested schedule, Profit Sharing, Vacation Days, Tuition Reimbursement...
    --Training material available: there's an entire learning center for consultants to access
    --Bonus Program: Reading some of the other reviews, it seems people aren't a fan of it and one reviewer said "you have to work your butt off to get a bonus".... NO KIDDING? You don't say?! What kind of concept is that? Work extra hard to get BONUS pay, above and beyond your generous salary?! Another reviewer said you need to be "in" with the people that rate. Why yes, you should be reaching out to your local management and be proactive. How do you think they're going to rate you if they don't even know you exist? The Bonus Program is definitely a positive about this company.
    --Overall work/personal life balance
    --Project opportunities
    --Client Base
    --Counselor Program
    --Support from regional / geographical managers and Account Executives: be proactive and keep in touch with the important people in your region and in your unit. You will get lots of support from them and will be given great opportunities, as you show you care and put forth more effort.

Cons

The only "con" I experience isn't company-specific, it's the nature of business and consulting. There are times you're given short notice or little information on projects and have to adjust quickly and be on your own to figure out what's going on. All you do to overcome that is communicate well and be proactive and ask questions / reach out to points of contact who will guide you. If anything, this can actually be a "pro" because it keeps you on your feet and forces you to learn / grow at a faster pace than the typical "comfort zone".

Advice to Management

The upper management I've come in contact with have been very supportive and always communicate opportunities for webinars we can attend, keep us in the loop about what's going on in the unit, industry, etc...

The only thing I did wish is that we could get more support for are external training events. There's a lot of free webcasts and training we have access to, but sponsored events put on by technical corporations or professional organizations, like SAP, TIBCO and PMI, those are next to impossible to get funding for.

RSS Feed </> Embed