Sogeti Reviews

Reset
Sogeti CEO Hans van Waayenburg
Hans van Waayenburg
1 Rating

Pros
  • Decent benefits (150% 401k match, 12k Tuition Reimbursment, Training Opportunites) (in 29 reviews)

• Time-off for work/life balance is one of the best I have seen (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Bonus program is confusing, subjective (in 18 reviews)

• There is a bit of a brand identity issue as the business evolves from staff augmentation to all solution oriented (in 17 reviews)

1. Great team and growth opportunities

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy the team I work in and the others I've interacted with. Lots of training opportunities, and good people to share knowledge with and socialize with for group events, happy hours or lunches. There are alot of young people here, and it also is very family friendly with good work/life balance and flexibility which is a plus.

Cons

The office has been getting crowded, but this has been addressed by building a new office in town, and adding a work from home rotation for those who are interested in this. You need to make an effort to be engaged in learning activities. There are some that take place during lunch, and about once a quarter, a 2-3 day formal training on a new technology. There are several during the evening as well.

2. Consultant

Current Employee - Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits 150%match up to 6 % 401k. 15 vacation days to start. Good bonus potential. Lots of training and growth opportunities (developers only).

Cons

Salaries stay flat. Negotiate your salary when accepting an offer. Your salary won't get significantly higher.

Advice to Management

Do better with salaries. Incoming graduates shouldn't be making more money (15-20k more) then same level consultants who have been with you for three plus years. There seems to be low moral from the consulting side. It feels like your righting the grip on us wanting us to do more sell more etc. but not clearly defining on what we'll get in return. The bonus program is WORSE then it was before. Encourage management to step outside the office and make rounds at the client site. Sometimes it's nice to rub shoulders with them.

Thus far, a remarkable experience!

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can't say enough about the local leadership team. My client is one of the largest in Cincinnati with locations in Houston, Greenville and San Ramon. I've had the chance to specifically learn new technologies and work directly with clients. There is no buffer of management that prevents me from speaking to decision makers and the leadership team has a very open door policy. The technical training I've received from my team members and the career coaching I've received from local HR has been very rewarding. I am able to take small steps to career growth and track it with my HR Manager on a monthly basis. The 401k is first class.

Cons

The high deductible HSA is the only thing preventing me from giving the review five stars. It's entirely too high and I've spoken to my co-workers who have expressed concerns that it will continue to get higher.

Advice to Management

Please try and address the extremely high deductible.

5. Managing Consultant

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

401k is good but it is paid annually and only if you are still on the payroll in January

Cons

I have been with the company 5 years and they have changed the bonus program each year - sometimes mid-year so you never know what you are striving for. Extremely subjective and sales driven. No raises unless you ask for it. Then it is completely arbitrary. Despite having outstanding reviews from clients I have only managed on average of 1% annual increase. Management completely disconnected from staff. No growth opportunities unless you wish to sell. If I wanted to be in sales I wouldn't have selected IT as a profession. High deductible health insurance 6k for a family. If you participate in benefits your profit margin for the company is decreased which will directly impact your bonus. Sogeti prefers high profit margin employees and will try to weed out more experienced staff for new graduates. A philosophy driven by the CEO They will tell you they encourage and support training however this must be done on your own time and may or may not be reimbursed You are required to use your vacation time if you are planning on not billing your client. There are after work training sessions offered at the office if you want to participate during your evenings.

There's better out there

Current Employee - Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Sogeti full-time

Pros

Great compensation for straight out of college Good benefits package Friendly coworkers Good work/life balance if put on fixed price project

Cons

No training at all- thrown right into project Unclear with what expectations are Some individuals leading projects have terrible project management skills and should not be in those positions A lot of favoritism People get hired for certain skills but put on irrelevant projects Health insurance is high deductible HSA. Wish there were more options Not enough work Technologies used internally are so outdated Company does not want to invest in growth of their own employees

Great Opportunity to grow

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good training programs. Great opportunities to grow. Good client-base.

Cons

I don't see any cons working at Sogeti.

meh

Current Employee - Senior Consultant/Senior Developer in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant/Senior Developer in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Sogeti (More than a year)

Pros

I like the access I have to Microsoft and the associated company relationships.

Cons

The bonus structure is baffling, the benefits are poor and the time-off/leave levels are abysmal compared to places I've worked in the past (by a factor of 10). The sales focus that gets driven down to the "trench" (consultant) level

9. Okay

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Sogeti (Less than a year)

Pros

Good opportunities to get experience in many industries with the client base and good training material available via their online tools. 401K is the best I've seen or heard of anywhere.

Cons

Bonus program is difficult and geared towards sales, so if you don't like helping sales focus as a consultant, then may be difficult to obtain one.

Advice to Management

Make the bonus program more straight forward based on service to clients for non sales people and once you get it right, quit changing it every year.

Great company for advancement

Current Employee - Solutions Delivery Leader in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Solutions Delivery Leader in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I came from a small IT company to this company and the differences are stunning. The company invests in its employees by providing virtually unlimited training/learning opportunities including PMP, ITIL, etc. the work/life balance is amazing and the ability to work from home virtually whenever you feel like it make this place a great company. When I first started I could tell this would be a great place to work because most of my coworkers/fellow employees that I was introduced to had been with the company for 5-10 years so the turnover rate is low.

Cons

Sometimes feel like you can get lost in the shuffle since it is a worldwide company

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your younger employees as you currently are and improve upon the bonus program, maybe give each office flexibility in allowing raises instead of only being allowed to do so in October.

Great place for consulting non-mngt professionals!

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Stability, mix breed of fortune and mid size client, flexibility, benefits, counselor program, non-management consultants, tenure

Cons

Growth into mngt, stagnant compensation, promotion and raises out of sync, politics, favoritism, words out of sync with actions, on the ground ethics low

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach, release professionals with pride as they are your future clients

RSS Feed </> Embed