Sogeti
www.sogeti.com Paris, France

Sogeti Reviews in Cincinnati, OH

Updated Jul 7, 2014
Sogeti – Chicago – “office lobby”

Sogeti Chairman & CEO Luc-François Salvador

Luc-François Salvador

41 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

The support needed to grow my career

Blue Ash, OH

ProsSpeaking plainly, in my two and a half years of experience with Sogeti, I've received the exposure, training, and interaction needed to take my career to the next level.
    When I began with Sogeti, I felt my career was stagnant in terms of skills and training opportunities. The local HR Manager and Practice leaders REALLY stepped up to assist me with the experience and training I needed. This organization offers $12,000/year in training and tuition reimbursement, it really is unheard of in the marketplace.

Local leadership really shines. My on-boarding was thorough and helpful and I feel like I can approach any one of my senior managers and get their time and opinions on any challenges I am facing.

ConsI wish Sogeti put as much emphasis on training in sales and client relationship management as they do in Technical training. It's an area I don't have much experience in and would like ALOT more coaching and development.

Advice to Senior ManagementPLEASE put together a sales training seminar series. Please don't adjust the bonus program any further!

Staff Augmentation

Cincinnati, OH

ProsMost of your working will be independent with the client, so you have control over your day. Get experience at different companies, while maintaining the same job.

ConsSogeti is not a true consulting company there are few to no projects, and all of the work is staff augmentation. As a consultant you will not get the experience and methodologies present at other consulting companies. Sogeti is a staff augmentation or resource company.

The structure of the company is based on selling resources (staff augmentation), the bonus structure and advancement is based on this. A technical resource will not have opportunities to advance, get training, and get the high bonuses at Sogeti. The only people who have been at Sogeti long term are the sales people who did not come up the consulting track, HR reps who have no technical or consulting background, the back office workers who came in as front desk secretaries, and senior managers who are selling resources. Technical people, project managers, and business analysts leave in 3 years after they are vested in the 401k plan and get very poor raises during those years, once you get to know people there it is well known that raises are not given out.

The projects you will work on are rarely cutting edge or large enterprise project, much of the work is maintenance and support. Clients are generally not impressed with Sogeti and are vocal about it. As a consultant you will not grow within Sogeti, or within the client, your growth will be limited to what you do outside of Sogeti.

Most of the non-consultants: low level HR reps, back office workers, and sales people have offices with window views and are vastly under qualified for their job. No one outside of billing consultants have consulting experience, which creates a difficult environment for conversations regarding clients and projects. The non-consultants are treated like gold, while the consultants are treated like a depreciating product. Also if you are a consultant and your client has a day off, you have to use PTO, unfortunately clients have significantly more days off than Sogeti does so go ahead and knock several days off your PTO as you will be forced to use them.

If you read the other favorable reviews they are written as though it is an advertisement and I believe they are fake as I just learned Sogeti monitors the reviews here. Be wary of those reviews as I have not met another person at Sogeti who is actually happy with their work or opportunities that is on the consulting side.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a track for advancement for technical people, project managers, and business analysts. Change the bonus structure to incorporate non-sales work. Remove the low level HR reps and back offices from the window offices and create more meeting rooms for consultants. Create training programs from outside companies for consultants. Give out raises based on performance at the client site as they are the customers.

Great people to work with but Management is not at all cooperative

Senior Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people, Good Work Environment

ConsBad Perks
    Management seems to be very mean dont try to understand the employess only bothered about rate.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Experience for adding new skills.

Cincinnati, OH

ProsDescent benefits, lots of vacation time can accrue. No health care premiums. Pay on the bench. Plenty of training opportunities, but you have to drive the effort.

ConsSmall pay raises, but they are there. Bonus program is confusing, subjective. Must be very proactive on the bench to find new engagements.

Advice to Senior ManagementChanges are being made to practices which is good, but too frequent changes to practices are not., AE communication with consultants is not always the best.

Decent consulting company.

Manager (Current Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsAbility to sell and deliver are available to each consultant

ConsLimited solution based deliveries for clients were available - mostly resource / staff aug based - that gets old after awhile. HR management has been very weak over the years. Promotions are limited and you must push for the promotion rather than your body of work

Advice to Senior ManagementContribution margin is important but not only indicator of success with a client

Good company, but always keep a lookout for another job

IT Consultant (Current Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsProbably benefits and generous pay

Cons2 week notice for layoff

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

Horrible, have no idea why I stayed so long.

Senior Consultant (Former Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsFew decent colleagues that you can work with
    Some clients are nice and understanding.

ConsLow pay and minimum raises.
    Having managers who have no technical skills and do not know what you do.
    Backstabbing for any sort of bonus.
    No opportunity for advancement.
    No support from management and no opportunity for training.
    You are left to your own, sink or swim.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire yourselfs.
    Fire your yes man.

A nice place to visit but I couldn't stay.

Senior Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGood salary
    Training opportunities (even while billing)
    Big company means plenty of room for a rear growth if you're entrepreneurial
    Local model (little if any travel)

ConsPerhaps too big. (You feel like a cog in a wheel)
    Emphasis on revenue over ethics
    Reactive leadership

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate proactively. It's easier to keep an employee happy than it is to try and fix things after the fact.

Mediocre

Cincinnati, OH

ProsDecent benefits (150% 401k match, 12k Tuition Reimbursment, Training Opportunites)

ConsLower Salary compared to market rates, limited growth potential

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate Bill Rates to consultants

Like working for yourself, but with a consistent paycheck

Managing Consultant (Current Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsI like the freedom to manage my work and the relationship with the client. I like the compensation and the 401k matching.

ConsRelocation to other offices is possible, but only if you pay the majority of relocation costs. Raises are a low percentage. 401k matching does not vest until year 3 in the company.

Worked for Sogeti? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sogeti reviews and ratings in Cincinnati, OH — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sogeti CEO Luc-François Salvador. All 41 reviews posted anonymously by Sogeti employees.