Sogeti

www.sogeti.com

Sogeti Reviews in Columbus, OH

Updated Feb 24, 2014
Sogeti – Chicago – “office lobby”

Sogeti Chairman & CEO Luc-François Salvador

Luc-François Salvador

Pros
  • Decent benefits (150% 401k match, 12k Tuition Reimbursment, Training Opportunites)(in 25 reviews)

• The company offers some of the best matching and profit sharing as can be found in the industry(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Bonus program seems to have taken the place of raises(in 17 reviews)

• Sogeti is not a true consulting company there are few to no projects, and all of the work is staff augmentation(in 15 reviews)

17 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Employee Focus

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsExcellent Benefits. Employee Focus. Regional Model works well. Entrepreneurial in nature.

ConsOffshore delivery is a challenge. In a transformation mode currently.

Advice to Senior ManagementCould have better support from Practices

Recent grad? Come join us , Seniors and high skilled stay away.

Manager (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

Pros401k Match to 150% for the 6% + Profit sharing up to 5% sounds great but has a ton of tricks. No copay health Insurance, HSA decent vacation time, mileage reimbursement.

Cons401K hidden gems (Company wont tell you).
    1) If you are new to the company you don't get the profit sharing,
    2) 3 years vesting plan
    3) The match is paid in full once a year at the end of December ( this is not only terrible is almost immoral for people that need to leave the company for what ever reason, not to mention as a Financial move is bad to place 1 huge amount of money in 1 deposit what is the stock price is too high ? then you lose money on top of all the drama.)
    4) The profit sharing was less than promise in 2013.
    5) The company bets that if they distribute the 401K money they will stop the attrition but a lot of people will leave at the same time after they deposit the money.

High deductible plan per family is insanely high and its much higher than other companies $6500. They will move from Aetna PPO to United health care in 2014 and they do not include vision and primary physician annual check up , now will be one or the other so you have to chose between you physical or your eyes and Rx glasses reimbursement is over as with Aetna you get up to 150 dollars reimbursement.

Bonus: OMG you have to kiss all management boots to get a small bonus, even if you were billable all year if your profit is not high you are screw. Instead of changing you clients to help out with your billing they let you with your client till death. (No bonus for me this year)

Don't even start me with overtime the CEO keeps stealing the good things remaining in the company and he always do it in 2 or 3 steps ( two or three years in the making of this scam) so people don't immediately understand they being fool and steal them a huge benefit in the company. He removed all Comp time and rename it to something else ( this trick is something people in marketing use to change the vision of the people with bad companies like BP or Chevron ) then the next year change the rules on the new program so you can't accrued time unless you are 96% productive (1880 hours) , then he next year changes again saying you need to be 96% productive and what ever you do for overtime now will convert to points for bonus ( this is a huge cheap trick ) it translate you might not have a bonus and the company will make more profit in your behalf for your time and effort and wont even reward you with vacation time.

Another great thing lost again steal from us is the Employee of the week gift !! This was a huge deal Things they gave me cameras, then gps's later ipod then open choice electronic reimbursement up to $100 dollars then Boss headphones and this 2013 (drums )..... NOTHING !! He said will give us a free day on 12/31 instead. I beat my car that in 2014 he will remove 12/31 as holiday and boom he disappear another benefit. So you get the idea how things are , if something is good wait 15 min. he will change it again to save a buck on your behalf so he can get another bigger bonus.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeriously? I won't give you advice that you wont see or care. But let me know how many people will resign in the first month after you pay the annual 401K match. ( from me to you. I say ENJOY)

Poor Leadership, false promises

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsGreat Benefit, retirement plan 401k, health insurance, bonus, education reimbursement

ConsCompany moving towards staff augmentation, management only care about billing client, management don't care about consultant's interest and wanting to move to a different role, projects etc

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your people else you will loose them

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work with opportunities to grow

Manager Consultant (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsGreat benefits
    Strong, growing company
    Local consulting model with minimal, if any, travel
    Great support from co-workers
    Structured bonus program for all consultants
    Interesting projects using the newest technologies
    Local leadership is great
    Part of the Capgemini group, so all of the support of a 100,000+ employee company

ConsNeed to seek opportunities in your own
    No real leadership development program
    Not the best communication from upper management, especially when policies/benefits change

Advice to Senior ManagementLook to develop current talent to be the organizational leaders of the future.

I really like Sogeti Columbus Unit!!

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsTop 1% 401K in the country.
    No copay for Health insurance , really smart and cool people to work with (vast majority - eventually there is jerk or two as in every other company). Awesome life-work balance specially if you being 4+ years with the company.

Cons$6000 Family health deductible? It's difficult. Bonuses are really hard to get them even if you are an A+ consultant it all depends on your rate-salary profit, once you do good with a client you are stuck with it forever.

If you ever hit the bench (or as peers call it "the beach") you will want to kill yourself cuz there is nothing to do. Although the story is that there is a guy there that has being on the beach on and off for 14 months now ( he is eating the unit profits and of course and he doesn't quit).

If you are a new employee you don't get any bonus or profit sharing at all for 6 months up to 1 year and you enter into a 3 year vesting 401K.

You get an awesome laptop that you can't use because it does not have elevated privileges.

Advice to Senior ManagementI noticed that new Sogeti laptops are coming in with out admin privileges which is a major screw up from whoever made that decision and for me and the rest of the company is the same as the laptops are unusable.

Why don't you save the money from the unusable laptops and give more bonuses to more people.

Good opportunity for recent grads, but not much for growth

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsIf you are a college grad, then you will get the 1-3 years experience needed to find a new job.

Cons- No incentive to obtain promotion. Management makes promotion process difficult.
    - Stagnant wages.
    - Point based bonus system, which doesn't translate to actual bonuses for consultants.
    - They lean heavily on developers to drive new business instead of AE's. Developers get bonus points if they land deal. These points don't translate to an actual bonus, however.

Great people, great experience

IT Consultant (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

Proslearning opportunites.
    options to move clients if things are not working out
    ability to change departments without changing jobs
    good community involvement and company interactions

Conssalary is low compared to other consulting companys

Advice to Senior Managementraise starting salary and sogeti would be unmatched

Good but could be great

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsLots of Benefits if you have time in the company.

ConsNot a good work - life balance, bonus KPI are not reflecting actual work and effort.
    Recent policies make you scream and life miserable.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring back the PTO / COMP Time old rules to improve a better work - life balance and we can have a nice time with our families.

Overall good

Consultant (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsGreat people to work with

ConsIt is consulting so you never know what the client will be like

Advice to Senior ManagementHaven't dealt with management much

Unlimited Opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsWithin Sogeti I have been able to take my career any direction that I want. 5 years ago I don't think that I would be where I am today but the support that I've been given has been rewarding financially, personally and professionally.

ConsThe path for a consultant isn't one that is laid out. I consider this to be a pro, but some people require more structure than others.

Advice to Senior ManagementGather more consultant feedback at the time of hiring and periodically to find out where they want to go and help guide them. Advisor's don't take it upon themselves all the time.

Worked for Sogeti? Contribute to the Community!