Sogeti
www.sogeti.com Paris, France

Sogeti Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014
Sogeti – Chicago – “office lobby”

Sogeti Chairman & CEO Luc-François Salvador

Luc-François Salvador

Pros:
  • "Decent benefits (150% 401k match, 12k Tuition Reimbursment, Training Opportunites)"
    in 24 reviews
  • "Strong respect for your work/life balance"
    in 11 reviews
Cons:
  • "The bonus program pits you against other employees (worse they do, better you do)"
    in 15 reviews
  • "Overtime which is still hourly client billing contributes to bonus potential instead of actual pay or comp time"
    in 14 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Mediocre

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than 3 years

ProsDecent benefits (150% 401k match, 12k Tuition Reimbursment, Training Opportunites)

ConsLower Salary compared to market rates, limited growth potential

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate Bill Rates to consultants

Good company for self-driven people with leadership qualities.

Manager Consultnat (Current Employee)
Omaha, NE

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than 3 years

ProsHard work and leadership potential is recognized and rewarded with responsibility, challenge, and opportunities. The benefits are good. They include generaous vacation time, health care, and 401k. Your bonus is performance driven bonus amongst your unit and region. You get to work with a network of really smart people.

ConsEvery year there are changes to policies regarding benefits and infrastructure, leadership, and general political alignment. Communication from leadership, especially national and regional level, is not that great. Not many people have heard of Sogeti.

Advice to Senior ManagementSolidify policy and shift culture away from modesty.

Like working for yourself, but with a consistent paycheck

Managing Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than a year

ProsI like the freedom to manage my work and the relationship with the client. I like the compensation and the 401k matching.

ConsRelocation to other offices is possible, but only if you pay the majority of relocation costs. Raises are a low percentage. 401k matching does not vest until year 3 in the company.

Decent place to work

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sogeti for more than 10 years

ProsStrives to be the best. Half a notch to a full notch above the general competition. Strongly encourages professional growth.

ConsSalaries good at first but stagnate as you progress. Bonus program seems to have taken the place of raises. Bonus program is intended to include all consultants, particularly oft-alienated technical types, however it still favors those with aptitude for business and sales, and also favors those in prospering luck-of-the-draw engagements. Overtime which is still hourly client billing contributes to bonus potential instead of actual pay or comp time.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's good, but not great. Please further encourage and motivate employees of all types to train and improve themselves.

Sogeti is a great company to work for.

Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than a year

ProsNew hires have the opportunity to start their career in a growing community. If client spots are not available right away they will keep you on a bench.

ConsAs much as offices and corporate preach opportunities and growth, it does not always feel that their is as much action on this as what is being said.

Manager

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Sogeti full-time for more than 8 years

Prosi worked for Sogeti USA for over 5 years , when I joined them in the Mid 2000's it was a dream company for any youngster - awesome benefits, cutting edge technologies, excellent managers to work with. Fast forward - today the only Pros I would like to comment on is the 401(K) match which is on par with the industry standards, everything else has gone down

ConsLots of internal politics, worse the CEO and COO / VP of operations are related to each other - even though the management talks about an open door policy these 2 call the shots and rule with an iron fist i.e. threatening people, they talk about infusing fresh blood to the company to take it forward but they have to retire first before someone else can move in. Working culture resembles an Indian factory where everything is done by cracking the whip, in addition to that there are a lot of folks who have been given leadership roles without having the right kind of experience. For instance the COO has never sold IT Services, not a financial guy neither has a HR background - is an Oracle Apps person and yet he is now at the helm of running the company - there are branch managers who have never been people's managers and are now running P & L's resulting in high attrition. Company is no longer growing, hence there are no new clients - consultants no longer get to work on newer technologies, training & development is out of question because one can't afford not to bill, all of this makes it difficult to bring in the right talent to the company when building a practice. It seems that we always talk about Solutioning and practices but end up doing staff augmentation. The Parent company really no longer cares about what goes on with Sogeti USA and may be it is time for them to do a reality check and do may be recommend a change in overall leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementMessage to the CEO - "Life is good " and " we will prevail" can only happen if you have qualified people to lead from the front . Please change your Lieutenants

Contractor with Sogeti

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee)
Franklin Lakes, NJ

I have been working at Sogeti as a contractor for more than a year

ProsFair Payrate, the hiring process was easy avoiding the lengthy and tedious background check process. Capgemini's subsidiary hence can be considered.

ConsField people Not trustworthy, do not keep their promises. I was told that I will be converted to full time within three months of joining, but it has been a year now and the recruiter won't acknowledge emails at all. Plus the people onsite are more keen on selling to client and have no respect for the consultants interests

Good company that could be great

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat 401(k), Good Benefits-no premiums on med/dental co.paid ins: life, short/long term disability, start with 15 days vacation and increases to 20 days after 3 yrs, co. believes in training/learning, employees are passionate about services/technologies, co. offers self promotion ops and able to move up quickly, Entrepreneurial feeling in local office.

ConsVery inconsistent communication from corporate, can be difficult to reach bonus as a consultant, not impressed with c-suite/upper level - random decisions, poor presentation skills (CEO embarrassingly so), random policies changes and implementation without consideration for established policies.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your staff at the local level, re-look at upper level-are they "yes men" or really doing what is best for the co? Be consistent. Hire a communication specialist and get polished!

Not impressed

Westchester, IL

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than a year

ProsDecent Salary, I like the no premium high deductible health insurance plan.

ConsIf you are young the vacation policy might seem okay but if you have years of experience it is horrible. The worst vacation policy I have had including the one straight out of school. Bonus structure sucks. Bonus is based on factors outside of your control. Billing rate which the consultant does not control or even have knowledge of. No paid overtime. Horrible holiday schedule. All training is after hours. Although the 401K looks appealing you have to wait 3 years to find out if it is for real or not. Considering other unkept promises I am not holding my breath.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the mickey mouse bonus policy.

Isolating

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Seattle, WA

I worked at Sogeti full-time for more than a year

ProsIf you are already a pro who needs no career advice, this company leaves you alone.

ConsMy 'manager', who I never met, only called my client once a year to see to see if they wanted to renew the contract. Only called me twice, and simply to see if the client wanted to renew.

No career path, no support, no culture, terrible technology provided.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a culture that supports your employees.

Worked for Sogeti? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sogeti reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sogeti CEO Luc-François Salvador. All 323 reviews posted anonymously by Sogeti employees.