Sogeti

www.sogeti.com

Sogeti Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014
Sogeti – Chicago – “office lobby”

Sogeti Chairman & CEO Luc-François Salvador

Luc-François Salvador

Pros
  • Decent benefits (150% 401k match, 12k Tuition Reimbursment, Training Opportunites)(in 25 reviews)

• The company offers some of the best matching and profit sharing as can be found in the industry(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Bonus program seems to have taken the place of raises(in 17 reviews)

• Sogeti is not a true consulting company there are few to no projects, and all of the work is staff augmentation(in 15 reviews)

Great consulting company with good benefits.

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThey offer very good benefits including a high-matching 401k and health/dental, as well as a lot of financial support for education (hardly any request gets turned down). The people are very friendly and definitely strive to grow the company. Account execs work well to engage you on new opportunities, and the company encourages entrepreneurial spirit.

ConsNot much culture since you all usually work at different clients in different departments. The bonus plan is complicated and has never been popular. The counseling program is supposed to support your growth, but none of the ones I've had were very engaged.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix the bonus program.

Great Employee Focus

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsExcellent Benefits. Employee Focus. Regional Model works well. Entrepreneurial in nature.

ConsOffshore delivery is a challenge. In a transformation mode currently.

Advice to Senior ManagementCould have better support from Practices

Horrible, have no idea why I stayed so long.

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsFew decent colleagues that you can work with
    Some clients are nice and understanding.

ConsLow pay and minimum raises.
    Having managers who have no technical skills and do not know what you do.
    Backstabbing for any sort of bonus.
    No opportunity for advancement.
    No support from management and no opportunity for training.
    You are left to your own, sink or swim.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire yourselfs.
    Fire your yes man.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cheap company, no opportunities

Consultant (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA

Pros*Occasional opportunities to work from home

*No insurance premiums

Cons*EXTREMELY little opportunity for career mobility

*Responsible for buying work essentials (mouse, keyboard, monitor)

*Impossible for new consultants to get bonuses

*No compensation for overtime

*Provided manager ample time to know of my resignation, VP & Corporate held it against me and made my last day a week before I had requested, preventing me (while pregnant) to be denied benefits and a week's pay

*Micromanaging Team Leads

*CHEAP work events - Costco food that employees would have to prepare

Advice to Senior ManagementReassess budget to ensure morale - clients pay good money for consultant services and consultants aren't compensated or given ample supplies to do their work

A nice place to visit but I couldn't stay.

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsGood salary
    Training opportunities (even while billing)
    Big company means plenty of room for a rear growth if you're entrepreneurial
    Local model (little if any travel)

ConsPerhaps too big. (You feel like a cog in a wheel)
    Emphasis on revenue over ethics
    Reactive leadership

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate proactively. It's easier to keep an employee happy than it is to try and fix things after the fact.

Overall, and good experience with Sogeti

Consultant (Former Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsYou can get a variety of experience working on different projects for different clients. This includes the size of the team, from just 1 or 2 people to 20 people.

ConsCan feel lost and confused in the system. I was never sure what I was doing, or what I would be doing next. As long as your billing that's what matters.

Sogeti is very sink or swim.

IT Consultant (Current Employee) Raritan, NJ

ProsYoung consultants can quickly get a wide range of experience by working on a handful of different projects in a short period of time. Getting pushed into projects out of your depth can pay off if you end up doing well.

ConsThere's very little direction, especially for younger/newer employees. Management can be hard to get in touch with, and there are times that I at least felt kind of forgotten about. Younger employees are often pushed onto projects with little guidance for what they're expected to do, which is stressful.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry not to throw so many inexperienced resources at a project. It's stressful for the consultants and it makes the company look disorganized to the business, which I don't think reflects all that well on Sogeti.

Mediocre

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsDecent benefits (150% 401k match, 12k Tuition Reimbursment, Training Opportunites)

ConsLower Salary compared to market rates, limited growth potential

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate Bill Rates to consultants

Great Place to Gain Experience

Consultant (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsVery good benefits, great 401k match with only a 3 year vest, profit sharing, starts at 15 days off. Great range of jobs for a college graduate to better find what they want their career to become. Health Care is 100% paid for, but is more suited for those who are younger with no families.

The account executives are very proactive in helping you get the type of jobs you want to pursue, as well as being your biggest advocates to management come review and promotion time.

ConsCan sometimes get stuck on projects for a long length of time. You need to voice your opinion strongly in order to get the type of jobs you want, but they are not guaranteed.

Do not go into this job expecting a bonus. Sogeti recruiters will push the 20k+ bonus, but the bonus system is a nationwide tiered ranking for all consultants at every level and is not just performance based. Only top level consultants that work on contracts and lead practices will get the 10 and 20k+ bonuses. Typical bonus for most consultants is 5k but thats after a couple of years. First years expect no bonus or 2500, so prospective candidates such weigh this and negotiate based on base salary only.

You must have one year into the company before you are eligible for profit sharing.

Health Care is a high deductible plan not suited for families.

Advice to Senior ManagementOvertime helps your bonus potential but since the bonus levels are not guaranteed, there is no tangible link to help consultants want to strive to increase the bottom line. Learn how to directly compensate those that choose to put the company first and you will find that many consultants will take that opportunity.

Like working for yourself, but with a consistent paycheck

Managing Consultant (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsI like the freedom to manage my work and the relationship with the client. I like the compensation and the 401k matching.

ConsRelocation to other offices is possible, but only if you pay the majority of relocation costs. Raises are a low percentage. 401k matching does not vest until year 3 in the company.

Worked for Sogeti? Contribute to the Community!