Sogeti

Updated December 22, 2014
3.1

Sogeti Chairman & CEO Luc-François Salvador
Luc-François Salvador

Pros
  • Decent benefits (150% 401k match, 12k Tuition Reimbursment, Training Opportunites) (in 29 reviews)

• Time-off for work/life balance is one of the best I have seen (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Bonus program seems to have taken the place of raises (in 18 reviews)

• It seems that we always talk about Solutioning and practices but end up doing staff augmentation (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights

80 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good at certain levels, a few areas need to improve a lot

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lot of emphasis on sales which is good but if the person is sales oriented.

Cons

Less emphasis on team structure and team building. Salaries need to be normalized based on location.

Please focus on resource management.

Sogeti is a consulting company, don't try to say it's not.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Blue Ash, OH
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Blue Ash, OH

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free soda, water and coffee

Cons

You don't always get a desk.

Give the people a desk.

Senior Consultant

Current Employee - Senior Consultant - Developer in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant - Developer in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Worked here for 3 years and it started out good at first until I found out I was lied to. It is more of my fault but if you go to work for this company make sure you get EVERYTHING in writing.

Cons

To much micro management. To short sited. They have a Country of "India" mentality. They only focus on what they know (which is 10 years old) and refuse to adapt to new emerging markets. If you like being a drone and having to report to 15 different people then this company is perfect for you. They say and try to project a fun work place where they are open to ideas but at the end of the day they just want you to nod your head and keep doing what they told you even if it is wrong and impractical.

Think more agile, open minded, and practical. Act like an IT consulting firm and stay up to date with current trends instead of holding onto windows 95.

Don't believe all the hype!

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Training offered, certifications and tuition reimbursement & 401k.

Cons

Each year something else is taken away from employees. Great 401k but takes 3 years to be vested and they contribute the I portion 1 time per year. Overall I have noticed a disconnect in what they say and what they deliver.

Get back to your roots. Overall disconnect with what is going on.

IT Consultant at Sogeti

Former Employee - IT Consultant in Blue Ash, OH
    Former Employee - IT Consultant in Blue Ash, OH

I worked at Sogeti full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good for Entry-level professionals like recent graduates, they pay for your time "on the bench", great benefits and 401k employer contribution, nice and welcoming culture of the company, a lot of activities promoting communication and helping others among consultants and other employees, access to every technology you need.

Cons

It's difficult to be promoted, you have to participate in the office activities as teaching some technologies you know to other consultants, and promoting sales at the clients. The salaries are good for starters, but after several years nothing changes much.

Horrible policies and short-sighted managers

Former Employee - Consultant In Digital Transformation in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Consultant In Digital Transformation in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Sogeti full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Free soda and coffee
    - Great benefits (401k, profit share)

Cons

- Managers are extremely incompetent. When I was hired, I was told that clients were lining up outside the door and projects would be flooding in, so they needed me. After 4 months sitting in a cold, windowless office, I left after getting 0 projects while I was there. The execs don't even try to get digital projects, they are too concerned about P&G and GE contracts.

- My managers had the poorest communication skills I've ever seen in a professional environment. My direct supervisor had a STRONG Indian accent, I could barely understand what he was saying and his e-mails and texts were even worse. He blamed me for the communication problems, even though several co-workers had told me that they were experiencing the same thing.

- They hire you after seeing what skills you have, then when you get there ask you to do jobs involving skills you have 0 experience with. You have to learn the skill while doing the job, which makes it very stressful and inefficient.

- Spread their resources too thin. I was skipped over for some contracts in favor of other, equally-skilled consultants even though they were swamped with work as it is, merely because the manager or exec knew them personally. There's a lot of personal bias.

- Depressing work environment. The suits in the corner offices don't even acknowledge that you exist, and since everyone is in and out of ATO, you never see anyone.

Hire managers that can actually communicate effectively in English. Change your ATO policies. Use your resources effectively. Don't make false promises to new hires, or you will never change your absurdly high turnover. Get a better work environment for those on ATO, it just sucks. Everyone in that office looked like they wanted to shoot themselves.

My experience at Sogeti has been filled with challenges and I have gained a lot of experiences.

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Bonus Program, Amount of PTO, Challenging/Not Boring, Opportunity to Travel, Networking Opportunities are Great

Cons

A lot of uncertainty when you are on the bench between projects, you have little control or influence on a lot of the factors that go into the bonus program, compensation is lower than average, may have to travel far from your home to clients

My advice would be for management to think about decisions they make and how they can affect the consultant directly. If Sogeti's local touch local reach model is going to work, Sogeti needs to be able to retain good consultants. No one wants to drive hours to their client, they want to be home and have a work life balance, so make sure and gear the projects not just towards Sogeti's revenue goals, but also towards how the consultant is affected. If the good consultants leave Sogeti, that means a lot less revenue for Sogeti because revenue will be lost on those consultants that leave and future consultants those good consultants could have trained.

Entry level developer

Former Employee - Consultant in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Sogeti full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

While at Sogeti I felt like I was my own boss. I would work downtown, in the office, or from home whenever and however I needed. The people I worked with were usually friendly and professional. I obtained invaluable business experience but had to speak up to get real development work.

Cons

I was underpaid and felt management only saw me as a number. Most of my projects were either too easy or not a good fit.

There is not any transparency for how the process works. Nearly all new developers I spoke with were very bored with their work. You need to understand the needs of your employees if you want to keep them.

Self-Fulfilling

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Consulting is NOT like a typical corporate job. Employees MUST take responsibility for their career.
    Will get out of it what you put in it.
    Great training opportunities & Great retirement Package!!

Cons

At times have lack of direction. Can be "idle" for long periods of time.

Great place to start and gain experience

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Large exposure to different technologies that allows individuals to gain experience in the entire SDLC. This helps people plan their careers based upon what they enjoy doing and don't. Generous tuition reimbursement and 401k matching available immediately joining the company. Full pay when not on an active project.

Cons

In a individual augmentation resourcing model, employees have to maintain vocality about their involvement with the client for the organization to be recognized for promotions and raises. People can get forgotten about at their client sites by the unit if on projects that last over time. Bonus Program while generous is hard capped allowing X number or people to earn the maximum and basing the remainder to earn less and less, structured on additional hard caps. Due to the nature of the new practices structure, this leads to alienation between different career paths and the groups feel cliquey and fragmented.

Reducing internal cost is great but not at the expense of losing talent or reducing work quality of life.