Sogeti
www.sogeti.com Paris, France

Sogeti Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014
Sogeti – Chicago – “office lobby”

Sogeti Chairman & CEO Luc-François Salvador

Luc-François Salvador

Pros:
  • "Decent benefits (150% 401k match, 12k Tuition Reimbursment, Training Opportunites)"
    in 24 reviews
  • "Strong respect for your work/life balance"
    in 11 reviews
Cons:
  • "Bonus program seems to have taken the place of raises"
    in 16 reviews
  • "Overtime which is still hourly client billing contributes to bonus potential instead of actual pay or comp time"
    in 14 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

The support needed to grow my career

Blue Ash, OH

ProsSpeaking plainly, in my two and a half years of experience with Sogeti, I've received the exposure, training, and interaction needed to take my career to the next level.
    When I began with Sogeti, I felt my career was stagnant in terms of skills and training opportunities. The local HR Manager and Practice leaders REALLY stepped up to assist me with the experience and training I needed. This organization offers $12,000/year in training and tuition reimbursement, it really is unheard of in the marketplace.

Local leadership really shines. My on-boarding was thorough and helpful and I feel like I can approach any one of my senior managers and get their time and opinions on any challenges I am facing.

ConsI wish Sogeti put as much emphasis on training in sales and client relationship management as they do in Technical training. It's an area I don't have much experience in and would like ALOT more coaching and development.

Advice to Senior ManagementPLEASE put together a sales training seminar series. Please don't adjust the bonus program any further!

Great growing company

Manager (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat benefits, encourage career growth. If you want to do something they will tell you to go for it. Working with fortune 100 clients. Growing aggressively in Atlanta. Great team of talent.

ConsNot the place for those who just want to put their heads down and work. Not the place for those who want things handed to them

Consulting without traveling

Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsTravel is minimal due to local office concept. Great benefits.

ConsExpect to do a lot of work, meetings, training after hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake life easier for front line workers. For example, easier to submit time and expenses.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

So good so far

ProsGood company culture, training opportunities, benefits

ConsI've been with the company almost a month now and haven't seen anything yet

In control of my career

Prosstill paid when between project assignments; great training opportunities. Sogeti is a company that allows you to succeed and grow at your own pace.

Conscorporate management communication is not very good

Staff Augmentation

Cincinnati, OH

ProsMost of your working will be independent with the client, so you have control over your day. Get experience at different companies, while maintaining the same job.

ConsSogeti is not a true consulting company there are few to no projects, and all of the work is staff augmentation. As a consultant you will not get the experience and methodologies present at other consulting companies. Sogeti is a staff augmentation or resource company.

The structure of the company is based on selling resources (staff augmentation), the bonus structure and advancement is based on this. A technical resource will not have opportunities to advance, get training, and get the high bonuses at Sogeti. The only people who have been at Sogeti long term are the sales people who did not come up the consulting track, HR reps who have no technical or consulting background, the back office workers who came in as front desk secretaries, and senior managers who are selling resources. Technical people, project managers, and business analysts leave in 3 years after they are vested in the 401k plan and get very poor raises during those years, once you get to know people there it is well known that raises are not given out.

The projects you will work on are rarely cutting edge or large enterprise project, much of the work is maintenance and support. Clients are generally not impressed with Sogeti and are vocal about it. As a consultant you will not grow within Sogeti, or within the client, your growth will be limited to what you do outside of Sogeti.

Most of the non-consultants: low level HR reps, back office workers, and sales people have offices with window views and are vastly under qualified for their job. No one outside of billing consultants have consulting experience, which creates a difficult environment for conversations regarding clients and projects. The non-consultants are treated like gold, while the consultants are treated like a depreciating product. Also if you are a consultant and your client has a day off, you have to use PTO, unfortunately clients have significantly more days off than Sogeti does so go ahead and knock several days off your PTO as you will be forced to use them.

If you read the other favorable reviews they are written as though it is an advertisement and I believe they are fake as I just learned Sogeti monitors the reviews here. Be wary of those reviews as I have not met another person at Sogeti who is actually happy with their work or opportunities that is on the consulting side.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a track for advancement for technical people, project managers, and business analysts. Change the bonus structure to incorporate non-sales work. Remove the low level HR reps and back offices from the window offices and create more meeting rooms for consultants. Create training programs from outside companies for consultants. Give out raises based on performance at the client site as they are the customers.

You are in charge of your career. You will get support, but your have to grab it for yourself.

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsGreat benefits if you take advantage of them. Great opportunities for growth if you seek them. Great people to work with that are excellent at what they do. Lots of learning opportunities.

ConsCommunication from management is weak. If you want to know what is going on within your unit you must insert yourself in the 'conversation'.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with the hands in the field about business development opportunities.

Good Experience for adding new skills.

Cincinnati, OH

ProsDescent benefits, lots of vacation time can accrue. No health care premiums. Pay on the bench. Plenty of training opportunities, but you have to drive the effort.

ConsSmall pay raises, but they are there. Bonus program is confusing, subjective. Must be very proactive on the bench to find new engagements.

Advice to Senior ManagementChanges are being made to practices which is good, but too frequent changes to practices are not., AE communication with consultants is not always the best.

Good Company

ProsInitial Pay, Training, Certifications, Social events, Co-workers

ConsBench time, Pay raises, investing a lot of time in a project and getting placed elsewhere

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more interactive with consultants

Great Consulting Firm

Consultant (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsGreat place to work at.

ConsNo cons I can think of.

Worked for Sogeti? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sogeti reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sogeti CEO Luc-François Salvador. All 351 reviews posted anonymously by Sogeti employees.