Sogeti
www.sogeti.com Paris, France

Sogeti Reviews

Updated Apr 4, 2014
Sogeti – Chicago – “office lobby”

Sogeti Chairman & CEO Luc-François Salvador

Luc-François Salvador

Not the best, but not the worst

Project Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Sogeti full-time for more than 5 years

Pros6-week bench if contract ends without cause
PTO increases the longer you work
Severance pay commiserate with number of years you worked if client fires you
Healthcare premiums are paid for whole family

ConsThey do not have your back if client fires you regardless of how long you've worked there
No overtime - everything goes into 'comp time' bucket
Weirdly arcane bonus system
No pay raise when bill-rate to customer increases
Health care is catastrophic but has a higher deductible than the most you can withhold in an HSA
You have to do a whole 'review process' as if you aren't nothing more than an income-generating resource for them

Advice to Senior ManagementGet better healthcare
Stop trying to be a hybrid - right now there are all the disadvantages of both being treated as a 'real' employee of a company AND all the disadvantages of being a wageslave farmed out to other companies (i.e. a vendor/contractor). The few pros of being treated as an employee are outweighed by the crud you have to put up with (such as not getting any overtime you earned).

Somewhat satisfactory with room to improve

Software Developer (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than a year

ProsCollegiate environment
Personal growth
Flat management structure

ConsHealthcare
Communication between management and units

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transparent and forward with employees

Formerly very talented employee friendly company approaching a low point

Manager Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Sogeti full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWork life balance
Self-driven career growth
No travel required, yet still consult and gain experience at big clients*
6% 401k match...1.5 to 1 so it's really 9%**
Long history with some loyal, talented vets
Things will eventually turn around for them if they fix their problems starting with change at the top
Good place for early career growth or for those looking not to travel assuming you are flexible about the work you do. Opens many doors to other companies.

ConsUS C level and corporate management is cutting costs to boost profits presumably to make up for overseas losses and is strangling growth
Corporate's general lack of investment in their IT infrastructure hinders consultant productivity
Benefits are slowly being cut
Salaries are stagnant and they do not grow
Morale is low as sales are down and turnover is increasing
Bonus system is convoluted and can be frustrating
The yearly review, promotion, and wage adjustment process is highly impersonal and not transparent at all
*You might have to travel to stay billable depending on your salary level
**401k isn't matched until Dec 21 and requires 3 years to be vested

Advice to Senior ManagementStop changing practices and unit structures every year. It generally upsets more people than it pleases and you don't give it enough time to see if these changes really work.
Make the process for pay and promotions more transparent where at least there's some explanation to the results.
Invest in your business, your people, and your infrastructure and be patient.

Make tough decisions

I worked at Sogeti

ProsGood benefits, good place to learn about consultancy and testing, innovation, full of people who are passionate about testing

ConsToo many people in senior positions with egos who only care about their part of the business looking good/doing well as opposed to working together towards a bigger goal, flexible working does just not exist, no diversity in the leadership team.

Advice to Senior ManagementDear CEO: Make tough decisions, stick with them and fully implement them, even if it means being unpopular or risking senior people leaving - doing this will not only save your Company but also earn you the respect of your employees, who are your greatest asset. Business is business and you can't please everyone, nor change your mind because someone runs to you dissatisfied about something. Look beyond the next profit figures at the bigger picture.

Review

I have been working at Sogeti

ProsHigh right out of college pay

ConsGet lost in the company by always being on client sites

Staffing company with no vision

I worked at Sogeti full-time for more than a year

ProsBenefits - 401K
Local Management was great but had their hands tied by HQ with over the top policies.

ConsThere are so many.
Policies are restrictive, they do not provide you the tools to do your job (phone, useful computer).
Executive Management is out of touch with what it takes to build a great organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to be a Consulting Company stop acting like a staffing company! Invest real $$ into your employees.

Solid team of people

Consultant (Former Employee)
Tampa, FL

I worked at Sogeti full-time for more than a year

ProsExposure to different client and technologies. Company internal web-based training programs enables you to be more marketable. Benefits package is pretty decent and they do offer a bonus program. I felt I was working with some of the best technical people in the business.

ConsSogeti is a 24/7 operation and usually doesn't offer a professional and personal life balance. You will be required to be at a client site then also build partnerships outside the billable time. This coupled with required skill training makes it difficult to maintain a balanced life.

Ethics

Recruiter (Former Employee)

I worked at Sogeti full-time

ProsGood Benefits and if you land the right project you will be happy until you land on the bench.

ConsEnvironment is fear driven and motivation is lacking. Not a place to inspire anyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementCould be such a great company if they just thought about decisions instead of reacting on what makes todays dollar. You miss the big picture of success when such short focus is used.

Worked as college hire for one year.

Consultant (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at Sogeti full-time

ProsFrequently new projects; may switch practices once a year; potential for growth.

ConsIf you decided to specialize in a certain area of IT consulting and there are no projects on the pipeline in that area you will be let go. Must hound account reps for job placements. Insurance benefits are minimal.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that every entry level consultant has a competent advisor.
Don't allow practice leads to tell consultants guarantees when this may not be true. This gives a false sense of security when one could be looking for another job.

Staff Augmentation with minimal communication

I worked at Sogeti

ProsSogeti has a nice brand name with a high profile parent company; CapGemini. It has a great benefits package including a terrific 401k option...if you can wait 3 years for it to vest. There are lots of talented people employed by Sogeti who are passionate about what they do and can deliver high quality work.

ConsThere is little to no communication from leadership to it's consultants. The moral is low and not much is being done to change that. There is a high turnover rate and the projects are tactical in nature.

Advice to Senior ManagementRegroup and realize your consultants are a valued asset and not a warm body to staff. Have an open and transparent communication process.

Worked for Sogeti? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sogeti reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sogeti CEO Luc-François Salvador. All 322 reviews posted anonymously by Sogeti employees.