Sogeti Reviews

Reset
3.1
Sogeti CEO Hans van Waayenburg
Hans van Waayenburg

Pros
  • Decent benefits (150% 401k match, 12k Tuition Reimbursment, Training Opportunites) (in 29 reviews)

• Time-off for work/life balance is one of the best I have seen (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Bonus program is confusing, subjective (in 18 reviews)

• There is a bit of a brand identity issue as the business evolves from staff augmentation to all solution oriented (in 17 reviews)

1. Great Company, sincerely concerned about its employees and customers

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This company cares about its employees and it shows in its total rewards package, opportunities, freedom to be self-managed and passion to compete and grow while providing value to employees and clients.

Cons

Sogeti's business is consulting and the biggest downside is the proactive effort it takes ALL employees to participate in the culture. This means that passive types can struggle at times.

Advice to Management

Invest a bit more in the event that bring employees together as a group

2. Thus far, a remarkable experience!

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can't say enough about the local leadership team. My client is one of the largest in Cincinnati with locations in Houston, Greenville and San Ramon. I've had the chance to specifically learn new technologies and work directly with clients. There is no buffer of management that prevents me from speaking to decision makers and the leadership team has a very open door policy. The technical training I've received from my team members and the career coaching I've received from local HR has been very rewarding. I am able to take small steps to career growth and track it with my HR Manager on a monthly basis. The 401k is first class.

Cons

The high deductible HSA is the only thing preventing me from giving the review five stars. It's entirely too high and I've spoken to my co-workers who have expressed concerns that it will continue to get higher.

Advice to Management

Please try and address the extremely high deductible.

3. Senior consultant

I have been working at Sogeti

Pros

Flexibilty , work life balance , decent benefits

Cons

Slow growth, require marketing/sales skills other than technical skills to grow

Advice to Management

Recognize contributions and provide growth opportunities

Great Potential, Depending on Which Office You Work In

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Sogeti (More than a year)

Pros

The more the company has centralized its processes, the more it's been able to cull the antics of rogue geographic offices; this is a benefit that stabilizes the company overall and makes it a safe place to work, so long as you're not a consultant on the bench.

Cons

Because each geographic office operates in its own silo, the work can be isolating. In some offices leadership is a men's club without much room for female leadership or growth; bad behavior goes unchecked, even when filing complaints to HR, which is the weakest link in the corporate structure.

Advice to Management

You guys have been so close to so many lawsuits for hostile work environment at your worst; even at your best you're your own enemy with failure to comply to the processes you set as the standard. Cut the bad business, and let hard-working employees have room for growth.

local leadership was good, corporate not so much

Former Employee - Senior Consultant
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant

I worked at Sogeti full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great 401k, and for awhile, vacation was good

Cons

Local leadership seemed to be hamstrung by corporate directives. During the time I spent there, I watched benefits shrink and corporate micromanagement increase. The majority of time I spent was in staff augmentation situations. Sales people pick low-hanging fruit. Bonuses and promotions depend on how involved consultants are in the sales process. Corporate is very keen on the offshore model, but offshore resources are mostly incompetent.

Advice to Management

Corporate management: give regional VPs the reins over their units. Ditch the "rightshore" model. Margin may look good, but low-quality deliverables will bite you in the long run.

7. Awesome people - great place to work!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very talented, innovative, customer centric people. Many with very long, successful careers with the company - both with Sogeti USA and moving between Capgemini Group business units. Great professional development and training opportunities. Super benefits and 401K matching at 150%, tuition reimbursement, etc. Very strong alliance relationships with key companies such as Microsoft, HP, IBM, and more.

Cons

Local empowerment is real for the most part, but sometimes it seems as if local entities are too dependent upon central BU or even Group HQ investment decisions.

Advice to Management

Keep technology infrastructure consistently at the most current releases, including laptops and back-end systems. Give more consultants access to tools needed so they can keep their skills current - from MSDN to Office 365 and Azure access.

8. isolated, no empathy

I worked at Sogeti full-time

Pros

Cons

There is a bit of a brand identity issue, lacks corporate culture

Big Consulting

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay wasn't terrible, pretty challenging work (depending on the client). Some of the other consultants are pretty sharp.

Cons

This is a giant foreign company, managed by raising everybody to the same level of mediocrity. They have no interest in innovating or pushing forward. They love metrics (the useless variety), forms, procedure and certifications. Rather than rewarding those who work the hardest and bring the most value, they'd rather spend their time trying to make those people fit a mold that's easy to market. Their health plan is also garbage. Essentially an HSA and a Bible.

Advice to Management

Focus less on making your consulting staff uniformly mediocre, and more on rewarding those who work the hardest.

Company

I have been working at Sogeti full-time

Pros

Good salary, human resource staff is very helpful.

Cons

Health benefits could be better. No bonus, raise, promotion.

There's better out there

Current Employee - Consultant in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Sogeti full-time

Pros

Great compensation for straight out of college Good benefits package Friendly coworkers Good work/life balance if put on fixed price project

Cons

No training at all- thrown right into project Unclear with what expectations are Some individuals leading projects have terrible project management skills and should not be in those positions A lot of favoritism People get hired for certain skills but put on irrelevant projects Health insurance is high deductible HSA. Wish there were more options Not enough work Technologies used internally are so outdated Company does not want to invest in growth of their own employees

RSS Feed </> Embed