Sogeti Reviews

Reset
3.1
Sogeti CEO Hans van Waayenburg
Hans van Waayenburg

Pros
  • Decent benefits (150% 401k match, 12k Tuition Reimbursment, Training Opportunites) (in 29 reviews)

• Time-off for work/life balance is one of the best I have seen (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Bonus program is confusing, subjective (in 18 reviews)

• There is a bit of a brand identity issue as the business evolves from staff augmentation to all solution oriented (in 17 reviews)

1. Great employer

Former Employee - Web Designer and Web Developer in West Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Web Designer and Web Developer in West Des Moines, IA

I worked at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Somewhat competitive salaries, great benefits, excellent communication with manager, project work is awesome, contract work is great, covered expenses are competitive

Cons

Certain managers can be hard to work with. Retention capabilities, work to life balance, lack of HR and policies, lack of growth opportunities

2. Reviews that matter

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sogeti is a good company. Great benefits, great work life balance, and great people. But is not for everyone. And it depends on the team you are with and the project you are on. Bad clients will make your work miserable. Bad team will also makes your work miserable. But if you are on a fun project and the people in your team is smart, you will love it here. This is consulting and all consulting companies are the same. It's not the company but its really the team and projects you are on. I work on a small team with a fun client. They make my work easy so I don't get stress at work. That is it!

Cons

Sogeti expects you to contribute and involve with the company because thats their culture. They want you to grow and participate with them so they have high expectation. Bonus is hard but is also not really hard. If you are looking to get their maximum bonus of 20k, well its ridiculous. You wont get it. But will you get any? Of course!

Advice to Management

Spend time to educate the team. Provide supports. This is not a trait that is only happening at Sogeti but is all company. Management think they are the boss and only care about themselves and how much they make. This is a known trait with most managers.

3. Great team and growth opportunities

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy the team I work in and the others I've interacted with. Lots of training opportunities, and good people to share knowledge with and socialize with for group events, happy hours or lunches. There are alot of young people here, and it also is very family friendly with good work/life balance and flexibility which is a plus.

Cons

The office has been getting crowded, but this has been addressed by building a new office in town, and adding a work from home rotation for those who are interested in this. You need to make an effort to be engaged in learning activities. There are some that take place during lunch, and about once a quarter, a 2-3 day formal training on a new technology. There are several during the evening as well.

5. Consultant

Current Employee - Consultant in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits 150%match up to 6 % 401k. 15 vacation days to start. Good bonus potential. Lots of training and growth opportunities (developers only).

Cons

Salaries stay flat. Negotiate your salary when accepting an offer. Your salary won't get significantly higher.

Advice to Management

Do better with salaries. Incoming graduates shouldn't be making more money (15-20k more) then same level consultants who have been with you for three plus years. There seems to be low moral from the consulting side. It feels like your righting the grip on us wanting us to do more sell more etc. but not clearly defining on what we'll get in return. The bonus program is WORSE then it was before. Encourage management to step outside the office and make rounds at the client site. Sometimes it's nice to rub shoulders with them.

6. Still figuring itself out

Former Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Sogeti full-time

Pros

The company had some good benefits, and when working at a client, you were pretty much owned by that client and didn't have too much overhead from Sogeti itself.

Cons

The Atlanta unit was rather new, so a lot of the processes to help us succeed at our jobs weren't there.

7. Manger Consultant

Current Employee - Manager Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Manager Consultant in Seattle, WA

Pros

Decent benefits; however medical policy has high deductibles (6K+). 401 Matching Contribution and Profit Sharing

Cons

Performance depends on branch. Currently, the Seattle branch is a period of retrenchment and unable to find work for employees that come on the bency.

Advice to Management

need more sophistication.

8. Good place to start career

Pros

-Good place for a fresh out of school graduate as an introduction to the consulting world -Good PTO policy

Cons

-Pay -Will outgrow them after a few years

Advice to Management

Do more to keep the good ones

9. Great Company, sincerely concerned about its employees and customers

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This company cares about its employees and it shows in its total rewards package, opportunities, freedom to be self-managed and passion to compete and grow while providing value to employees and clients.

Cons

Sogeti's business is consulting and the biggest downside is the proactive effort it takes ALL employees to participate in the culture. This means that passive types can struggle at times.

Advice to Management

Invest a bit more in the event that bring employees together as a group

10. Great Experience for career

Former Employee - Consultant in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Consultant in Dayton, OH

Pros

You will learn a lot thrown into the deep end.

Cons

Distance from Management, on your own too often with no help if needed.

Advice to Management

Been in touch with consultants more, understand what they are doing more than just through a yearly review with their client.

11. Tester

Former Employee - Consultant in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Consultant in Austin, TX

I worked at Sogeti (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of training involved at all levels.

Cons

No overtime compensation. Not much vacation time.

RSS Feed </> Embed