Sogeti Reviews

Reset
5.0
Sogeti CEO Hans van Waayenburg
Hans van Waayenburg

Pros
  • Decent benefits (150% 401k match, 12k Tuition Reimbursment, Training Opportunites) (in 29 reviews)

• Time-off for work/life balance is one of the best I have seen (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Bonus program is confusing, subjective (in 18 reviews)

• There is a bit of a brand identity issue as the business evolves from staff augmentation to all solution oriented (in 17 reviews)

1. FTE 5+ years

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits, no insurance premiums, 401K match at 150% up to 6%, training and professional development opportunities are plenty, education reimbursement, 15 days PTO to start, 20 days after 3 years, great ESOP program, and ... lots more.

Cons

If you want career growth, it's there for the taking, but you better be a self-starter, creative, resourceful, entrepreneurial, able to prioritize for yourself, deal with ambiguity and be highly motivated to make things happen and just do it - for yourself, your practice, your unit and the company.

Advice to Management

Keep the org reasonably stable YOY. You need committed people with tenure in sales and delivery leadership positions (local and national) long enough to make a difference. Focus and invest consistently within units and across the org in more community building activities. Keep internal technology and systems current.

2. Great employer

Former Employee - Web Designer and Web Developer in West Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Web Designer and Web Developer in West Des Moines, IA

I worked at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Somewhat competitive salaries, great benefits, excellent communication with manager, project work is awesome, contract work is great, covered expenses are competitive

Cons

Certain managers can be hard to work with. Retention capabilities, work to life balance, lack of HR and policies, lack of growth opportunities

3. Great Company, sincerely concerned about its employees and customers

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This company cares about its employees and it shows in its total rewards package, opportunities, freedom to be self-managed and passion to compete and grow while providing value to employees and clients.

Cons

Sogeti's business is consulting and the biggest downside is the proactive effort it takes ALL employees to participate in the culture. This means that passive types can struggle at times.

Advice to Management

Invest a bit more in the event that bring employees together as a group

Great company for advancement

Current Employee - Solutions Delivery Leader in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Solutions Delivery Leader in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I came from a small IT company to this company and the differences are stunning. The company invests in its employees by providing virtually unlimited training/learning opportunities including PMP, ITIL, etc. the work/life balance is amazing and the ability to work from home virtually whenever you feel like it make this place a great company. When I first started I could tell this would be a great place to work because most of my coworkers/fellow employees that I was introduced to had been with the company for 5-10 years so the turnover rate is low.

Cons

Sometimes feel like you can get lost in the shuffle since it is a worldwide company

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your younger employees as you currently are and improve upon the bonus program, maybe give each office flexibility in allowing raises instead of only being allowed to do so in October.

One of the best

Former Employee - Consultant in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Consultant in Austin, TX

I worked at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great leadership, excellent professional development opportunities, transparent processes around promotions and bonus compensation. Sogeti is legitimately interested in serving their clients and employees. Perks like 401k and insurance are way above average.

Cons

It's hard to focus simultaneously on your practice, your unit and your client. Like all consultancies, Sogeti is a sales-driven enterprise.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your young talent; hire smart people; drive long term business through a series of short engagements rather than one long one; avoid public sector work.

Great organization.

Current Employee - Consultant in Warsaw, IN
    Current Employee - Consultant in Warsaw, IN

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and management. Very employee centered organization and rewards value.

Cons

The only con would begin guidance on status between projects.

Advice to Management

Continue to stress employee engagement support, stability, and value. Continue to stress employee security.

Really happy with Sogeti

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Healthcare is high deductible, but there is no premium. Fantastic 401k, just make sure you stay for 3 years. Additionally, they set aside 12k a year (per consultant) for tuition reimbursement - Masters degree, certifications, trainings, etc... Salary is competitive. Great job for recent grads especially.

Cons

401k takes 3 years to vest. High deductible insurance. Some clients just plain suck. Sometimes there is a lack of communication.

Advice to Management

If a consultant is doing staff aug work, and they are unhappy, please work your hardest to find a new role.

9. Great if you want to be a consultant

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Sogeti full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people, good bonus structure - there seem to be many opportunities here if you want to be in a consultant role and work in multiple places.

Cons

You are expected to sell yourself to current and potential clients, which can be tough for an IT person

10. great working experience

Pros

tremendous growth opportunity, excellent benefits package,

Cons

not much to complain about

Technology based consulting with a team based approach for solving client problems.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Consulting with a focus on local clients and long term relationships. I enjoy the team approach and collaboration among my colleagues in the local office and across the globe. The push for innovation within as well as what we offer our clients in services always keeps me satisfied with my career progress.

Cons

Healthcare benefits seem to on the decline although this seems to be an industry trend.

RSS Feed </> Embed