Sogeti Reviews

Updated March 26, 2015
451 reviews filtered by

Things have definitely gotten worse.

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Sogeti full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you work here, you're a consultant. The money was good. I liked a lot of the people.

Cons

The benefits have gone downhill. The bonus structure is complicated and difficult to understand. This won't be a good experience for you unless you are a consultant who likes to sell. Sales is what they reward. Also, it's a true consulting company, so you get what comes along with being a consultant. There is not really a bench policy anymore. I was let go after 3 days on the bench. My boss was replaced by someone who just wanted to cut costs (that's what his bonus is based on). The new guy let people go so that he could get a better bonus. At Sogeti you are seen as $$$, not as a person.

Stop worrying so much about the bottom line and invest more in the people. No one is going to work there if they know you're going to let them go as soon as they're on the bench. Also, replace the Cincinnati management.

Worst company in NY

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Sogeti full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They lure you with false promises

Cons

I was hired for a position that never existed. I ended up waiting for a project for 2 months , kept getting a response from management that they would place me at the earliest. Nothing materialized and they showed me the door saying I was not a good fit. I realized in 2 months that they just a staffing company and not a solution provider as they claim. Management is pathetic and HR is even worse. They have such a weak relationship with their clients.

Shut down this unit.

Poorly managed staffing firm (Seattle unit)

Former Employee - Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Seattle, WA

I worked at Sogeti full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- place where you will definitely end up getting a job
    - reason for above is consultants do not stay here for long unless they have a personal limitation ( family or otherwise) and there is no reason they should unless they have a personal limitation ( family or otherwise)
    - anyone looking to join should plan well in advance their priorities and manage their expectations
    - my advice would be to go with the flow in this unit and don't be surprised if you get a whole new flavor of consulting experience

Cons

- certainly not a place for technical consultants
    - neither a place for young aspiring candidates to hope for an awesome start to their careers
    - don't be surprised with workplace politics in this unit ; higher ups spend more time dealing/creating politics and serving self interests than focusing on growing the company or people or finding projects

- manage the culture crisis and the talent crisis in Seattle unit
    - invest in right kind of talent especially at the higher end of the hierarchy in this unit
    - I had heard some great things about Sogeti from people who worked long back that was the reason I joined, I was definitely disappointed to see the current failing state
    - Seattle unit needs a total re-haul - do that re-haul
    - as with anything persistence pays - so good luck with your efforts!

Employment is like a Contract position

Current Employee - Manager Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Big offers to make you dream of career growth, Educational assistance upto 12 grand a year, 150% 401K Contribution etc..

But dreams will remain as dream.. They will terminate you before your 401K vesting start (within 3 years)
    They will never approve your educational expense request..
    You will be terminated as soon as your billing ends..

A big Sham and a big shame for Cap Gemini for carrying this brand

Cons

They will not promote any career growth, educational assistance and terminate you before your 401K company contribution gets vested

Please take out all the attractive benefits and accept that you are like a contracting company who wil terminate employees as they complete their billing engagement

Staff Augmentation with minimal communication

I worked at Sogeti

Pros

Sogeti has a nice brand name with a high profile parent company; CapGemini. It has a great benefits package including a terrific 401k option...if you can wait 3 years for it to vest. There are lots of talented people employed by Sogeti who are passionate about what they do and can deliver high quality work.

Cons

There is little to no communication from leadership to it's consultants. The moral is low and not much is being done to change that. There is a high turnover rate and the projects are tactical in nature.

Regroup and realize your consultants are a valued asset and not a warm body to staff. Have an open and transparent communication process.

Horrible, have no idea why I stayed so long.

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Sogeti full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Few decent colleagues that you can work with
    Some clients are nice and understanding.

Cons

Low pay and minimum raises.
    Having managers who have no technical skills and do not know what you do.
    Backstabbing for any sort of bonus.
    No opportunity for advancement.
    No support from management and no opportunity for training.
    You are left to your own, sink or swim.

Fire yourselfs.
    Fire your yes man.

Violations.. this "business" needs to be audited.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

None... you are wasting your time.

Cons

No Human Resources. And thats just a start..

A total overhaul of the company structure on how it operates. There is absolutely no accountability leadership in this company. Complete misconception of leadership. This company operates like a Mafia.

Its NO DIFFERENT from a third grade consulting body shop, picking up folks from third party body shops for pennies and fresh grads, under compensating and exploiting them on Visa and immigration aspects. Complete lack of ethics, quality.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME HERE.. JUST NOT WORTH IT. You will be just jeopardizing your career.

Good for new grads, but make your stay short

Former Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Sogeti full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Gets you corporate experience but other than that I would recommend finding a better place after a year or 2

Cons

Low pay. A lot of politics go on. CEO decreases benefits. Nearly impossible to get a bonus. Have no sense of direction

Consulting sweat shop.

Former Employee - Consultant in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Sogeti full-time (less than a year)

Pros

401k is matched at 150% up to the first 6%.

Cons

Mediocre pay structure. Factory mentality. Disgusting PTO plan. It's a billing machine not an employer.

Your supposed to be a boutique consulting firm, not a factory.

Stay away from the Dayton Unit!

Former Employee - Managing Consultant in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Managing Consultant in Dayton, OH

I worked at Sogeti full-time

Pros

In my time with Sogeti I had some great engagements that helped me grow both professionally and personally. However, that was mostly at the hands of my clients.

Cons

Over the last year, the sales funnel has dried up. Those suffering the most are the consultants. Experience ranks lower than low cost resources.

New leadership is needed in the Dayton unit. Most consultants are just waiting for their day to be called in to be laid off. Business leaders in the Dayton market view Sogeti as nothing more than a resource shop and are more often passing on Sogeti due to the "Right to Hire" clause written into the Master Services Agreement with their clients.