SogoTrade Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.0
Jonathan Yao

A good place to learn and work

Current Employee - Intern
    Current Employee - Intern

I have been working at SogoTrade

Pros

SogoTrade has great working environment since people are eager to share new ideas and communicate. If you are looking for relaxing but efficient working environment, SogoTrade would be a great choice. Working in SogoTrade is a good oppotunity to learn, since it is growing and a lot of new things to learn and improve.

Cons

Haven't found cons yet. It is a good place to work

INTERN

I worked at SogoTrade

Pros

everything was good. I learned a lot about a brokerage firm operation. People are nice and teach me a lot. I still keep in touch with them.

Cons

I barely think about anything bad about it. if next time someone intern there, I would suggest to talk to manager and learn more about other department function.

Advice to Management

You always encourage me, and thanks a lot. You taught me a lot and brought me to professional world.

3. Software Developer

I have been working at SogoTrade

Pros

Nice payment , benefits, Work environment,Opportunities and Culture

Cons

They could make the environment more hopeful

Advice to Management

Please make it worldwide

5. Nice people I have ever met. good company. you can learn something.

I worked at SogoTrade

Pros

You can talk to people you want to learn from them. They can teach you.

Cons

haven't found yet. I think it would be better if i have an opportunity to try other departments.

Advice to Management

Very good!! He is very nice, responsible, approachable, what else..... all the people I met there are good.

Great working environment that encourages new ideas and cultivates business leaders

Current Employee - Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at SogoTrade full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Unlike working at bigger companies where each employee is responsible for a very specific job function, at SogoTrade you have the opportunity to be involved in multiple cross functional projects and learn skills and gain experience from a lot of different areas. You also get to develop your skills more here because this company is not afraid to give its employees a chance to try new things. I feel I can learn so much more here than in a lot of other companies. 2. Very friendly working environment. I have the opportunity to work with people from different departments all the time and I find my coworkers to be very professional and easy to work with. 3. SogoTrade is a very agile company. Great ideas / suggestions can be accepted by management and implemented in a relatively short period of time. This makes it exciting to work here because we are always turning new ideas into reality. 4. The CEO of SogoTradeis a proven leader in the online brokerage industry. Not only does he have a great vision for SogoTrade,but he also knows exactly how he plans to get there. He is good at motivating his employees and recognizing their potential. He is also very generous in sharing his knowledge and ideas. He expects his employees to work hard and produce good work, but at the same time, he understands and supports work and family balance. 5. Being a smaller company, you quickly get recognized if you perform well. 6. I personally believe SogoTrade has the potential to go very far and I’m excited to have the opportunity to grow with it.

Cons

1. Since SogoTrade is still relatively small, it doesn’t have the kind of resources other big companies might have. But I think as SogoTrade grows, this should be less and less of an issue. 2. If you’re looking for a job to show up and perform a repetitive task each day, then you might not be a great fit. You need to be able to multi-task and be prepared to work on new projects as they arise. 3. As a smaller company, SogoTrade can’t always pay top dollar for each employee. However, they do offer competitive pay, even for those less experienced, and they promote the idea that as the company profits, the employees will profit.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on employees. It's clear that this is a smaller company and resources must be carefully utilized, but as the company grows, make sure to recognize those who have contributed to it's success. Departments can always use more people and salaries can always be higher, but employee recognition goes a long way in the mean time.

CEO Jonathan Yao

Former Intern - Anonymous in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Intern - Anonymous in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at SogoTrade as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Good experience gained in the financial service sector.

Cons

The CEO has brought terrible morale all the way from Scottrade Asia Pacific to Sogotrade.

Advice to Management

Jonathan's AP region-led marketing has turned the workplace to one that resembles their work ethics.

SogoTrade Response

Nov 10, 2014 – HR Administrator

I'm sorry that you had this experience with SogoTrade. The company values our employees and understands that the work environment can greatly affect employee morale. We work hard to make our people ... More

Very Friendly place to work with people from different background and country origion

Current Contractor - Database Administrator/SQL Developer in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Contractor - Database Administrator/SQL Developer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at SogoTrade as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

You have opportunity to bring your idea and suggestions to the CEO directly. Your knowledge and skill in technology can grow faster as you can work from project to project and touch all core business of the company.

Cons

Time to market for all software products is very short so you may be under stress if you are not used to a fast development environment. It turns to be a Pros if you enjoy challenges

Advice to Management

N/A

Great place to work

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at SogoTrade full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small online brokerage trying to grow, improve it's image, and do the right thing to keep prices reasonable and it's customers happy. Management listens to employees input and suggestions and everyone is treated like family.

Cons

Small size and three office locations can be limiting for career advancement, but if the company keeps growing, this will not be an issue for long.

Advice to Management

Keep growing and improving the service.

terrible

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY

I worked at SogoTrade full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

i can't think of a single good reason to work here

Cons

low pay, terrible management, terrible morale

Advice to Management

pay more

RSS Feed </> Embed