Sojern Reviews

Reset
4.5
Mark Rabe

1. Featured Review

Best decision I ever made!

Current Employee - Nebraska in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Nebraska in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Sojern full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing management. I seriously have the best boss ever! Makes an effort to connect constantly even though they are located at a different office. Backs me up on my goals and ideas. Makes me feel appreciated and want to come to work! Great benefits, unlimited PTO, open office layout, casual atmosphere, great opportunities to give back to the environment and community. Great colleges. Everyone is very smart and passionate about what they do! This pushes everyone to work smarter and harder. Growth! Just opened offices in Singapore and Dubai. Exciting industry

Cons

Fast paced, and change is constant here. But that is the industry. Growth is expected, so if you aren't able to move fast and work independently, you wont make it here.

Advice to Management

Keep being reachable to your employees. I love that all the CEO's are a part of the new hire orientation. Management really makes an effort to be reachable even when visiting the other offices. Your voice really is heard here.

2. Good company, GREAT people

Current Employee - Category Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Category Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Sojern full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been here for almost a year now and this company's most important and best asset are its people. The executive leadership is very smart, open and friendly. The employees overall in all of Sojern's offices around the world are exceptionally collaborative and NICE. Opportunities for growth abound, you just have to apply yourself and know what you want to do - it's literally an environment where if you raise your hand, you will be taken up on it, so beware! :-) The unlimited vacation policy (which people tend to take advantage of in reasonable quantities and without ill effects on their work) is great. Last, but not least: if you're looking at Sojern and thinking, like I did when I first interviewed "but it's an ad tech company :-( ..." rest assured that it's a very special one indeed. ABSOLUTELY NO DOUCHEBAGGERY, plus, thanks to the focus on travel, their expertise and client set is unique enough that you needn't worry about them dissolving in a puddle of ad:tech failure.

Cons

Like I mentioned above - not a ton of diversity at the top, but it seems like they are aware and making efforts to hear POVs that are different. Also, the health benefits are 'meh'. No 401k matching, either.

Advice to Management

Again, diversity at the top. I know there isn't an overnight fix for this, but be a bit more proactive about acknowledging the gaps and that you're working on it.

3. Opportunities for Growth/Great People to work with

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Sojern full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- In all of the companies I've worked for, I've never worked with such an amazing group of people. It's truly a case of "like attracts like", and because the company does a great job of finding the right Senior Management, it filters down into every hire. - The CEO understands the value of people in the company, and is completely accessible and transparent to anyone who asks. - Great culture - the company is what you make it. If you want to organize a happy hour or get-together, you're empowered to do that. There's usually one event a month for each office if you're not the organizing type.

Cons

- Would love 401k matching!

Advice to Management

As company experiences hyper-growth, continue to keep focus on culture and people. Quality over quantity, as quick hires are often not an overall fit.

5. Great Company, Strong Leadership

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Sojern full-time

Pros

- A strong seasoned leadership team - Very transparent culture - Company truly takes care of its employee's and strives to always "do the right thing" - Environment that fosters growth and learning - Smart, talented employees that enjoy collaborating - Managers support their teams and genuinely care - The reasons to work here are much deeper than the usual tech perks, but we have those too: Unlimited PTO, company events, happy hours, volunteer opportunities, free food, etc.

Cons

- As with any start up, changes can happen quickly, but I've never seen that as too much of a con

6. Manager

Pros

People are nice, smart, and willing to work together to make something work. It is a cooperative environment, and there is some flexibility on the 9-5 schedule. There is a decent effort to improve company culture on a constant basis. Leadership is approachable, has focus, and the company is heading in a good direction and growing nicely.

Cons

There could be more communication between the teams through brainstorm sessions, monthly meetings, and team building activities. No one has enough time leftover to do anything, and while it is a fine place to work, I'm not sure if anyone really loves their job here. Another con is that the leadership team is very male-dominated, and looks to be staying that way for awhile.

Advice to Management

Hire a more diverse crowd and hire enough individuals for each team. That way, people will feel more at ease, like they can actually go on more vacations, and be able to have the luxury of learning more for their job, shadow other teams, and have brainstorm sessions (for improving work efficiency and productivity). With a little more time, people will be able to think about what else they can do for the company. Right now, everyone only works within their limitations.

7. Sojern

Pros

Awesome office, casual culture, unlimited vacation

Cons

Slow growth for individual employees

N/A

Pros

Good culture, good management, flexible benefits

Cons

Work/Life balance, not great communication

Creative and collaborative environment

I have been working at Sojern full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- A really supportive environment that values their employees' satisfaction and wellbeing - Opportunities for career growth within a fast-moving company - A highly creative and collaborative community of people that appreciates all viewpoints - A strong leadership team that puts their employees first and gives consistent feedback - Fun office environment

Cons

There are a few growing pains with fast growth, such as resource limitations and a fast-paced environment.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Best job of my career!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

- Incredible leadership team. They all care about employees and strive to be the best. - Coworkers and Leadership constantly recognize efforts and value. I have received some of the most thoughtful recognition from coworkers and leaders. - Opportunities for growth. This is the place to create and share ideas. I have been given endless opportunities to create and develop projects. - Team - Collaboration is at the heart of the company. - Global - Extensive insights and opportunities to learn and grow globally. - Fun - This is a company that knows how to have fun!

Cons

- Would like to see us grow faster

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent and accessible. Push us to new heights!

Amazing people, fun company.

Former Employee - Intern in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Intern in Omaha, NE

I worked at Sojern (Less than a year)

Pros

It's basically like working with your closest friends and family. I loved coming in to work everyday. They really care about the people that work for them and they show it through the culture. There's a massive kitchen that they supply food for employees every week.

Cons

Product can be a tough sell in the growing industry. It's a constantly changing company so if you're someone who doesn't like change then I would advise against working here.

Advice to Management

Stay the same! Every manager really cares for the people that work for them, and you all really want everyone to succeed.

RSS Feed </> Embed