SolarCity

www.solarcity.com

SolarCity Reviews in Fresno, CA

SolarCity CEO & Co-Founder Lyndon Rive

Lyndon Rive

Pros
  • It feels great to sell something that is changing the world and helping families(in 11 reviews)

• Good experience with fast paced high expectations sales(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours and sometimes hard work maybe not pay out(in 17 reviews)

• if you are salaried, be prepared for family drama due to work/life balance(in 8 reviews)

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

A very pleasant work enviroment

Inspector Coordinator (Current Employee) Fresno, CA

ProsBenefits are great good work environment

ConsVery little room for growth (promotion)

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote those that work hard and take pride in there work

Great Place to work with lost of opportunity for growth! Fun company with an amazing mission

Field Energy Consultant (Current Employee) Fresno, CA

Prosyou get to be apart of the next big Change

ConsWith change come the need to be willing to adapt quickly

Advice to Senior ManagementBelieve in a better way :-)

Sell solar .

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Fresno, CA

ProsSell solar systems to costumers in the greater Fresno area. Sell solar systems to costumers in the greater Fresno area.

ConsNeed more training and mentoring from the management team. Need more training and mentoring from the management team.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This is an amazing company and has been an incrediable ride.

Field Energey Consultant (Current Employee) Fresno, CA

ProsExciting work , helping people and the world. Great compensation and advancement for those that want it and are willing to work ofr it.

ConsIt is intense, demanding, everchanging and evolving . You need to be able to go with the flow.
    Can be long hours and weeks, but where else can you write your own pay check.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhile working hard is all well and good, allowances should be set up to allow for vac. and time off without penaltys or ridacule.

General Sales Position: Generate leads, in home consultation, contact management, Close Deals.

Field Energy Consultant (Current Employee) Fresno, CA

ProsLots of experience in the industry, brand awareness, partner with The Home Depot, have done big name projects and have big name partners.

ConsGrowing incredibly fast...right hand doesn't know what the left is doing, sales team has tripled this year and will double again very soon. Not many company generated leads or marketing, push to have sales reps do door-to-door lead generation. Sales managers try to help but have too many people to manage (for a company that is as fluid as this one is).

Glad I made the switch!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fresno, CA

ProsA) Great Design and Quoting tools.....better than any other in the residential industry. Over the past 6 years in the solar industry I have used every major residential design tool and quoting tool. All were clumpy and were rarely updated in a manner that made them easier to use in the field. The Rive brothers have assembled a team that has developed and design tool that automatically drops data into a quoting tool that is easy to tweek and revise to your customers goals. Everything from credit check to esign signing docs link with the quoting tool, sold customer data is dropped into the Operational system. Easily saves me 5-10 hours a week.

B) Sophisticated and Scalable Operational infrastructure. SolarCity Executive team knew they were going to be the industry leader and grow exponentially every year, so they spent the time and resources to develop (and to continue to devolop) operational infrastructure that can scale with their very rapid growth. A and B are why I made the move from a company that I was with for over 5.5 years....which is a hard decision to make when you need to let go of that kind of a referral customer base. My stress level is 1/3 what it was and I have more happy customer since install timelines are half as long and operational mistakes along the way are minimized greatly.

C) Much smaller territory now...instead of a 150 mile radius I now have about a 45 mile radius. Saves me another 5-10 hours a week in drive time between appts.

D) Marketing partnerships with The Home Depot and local malls. If I am low on leads I have different places that I am welcomed to come to lead gen.

ConsA) Less commission than I am used to....significantly less. But I am still new and rebuilding my referral networks, I will need to update this in a year. Even still, I make about half what I made for a similar sized job at my old company.

B) Rapid growing business is chaotic. Lots of time the managers don't even know what is going on next, and sometime when they let you know it has already changed again. When you are the industry leader and blazing an uncharted path forward some of this to be expected.

Advice to Senior ManagementA) Develop better lines of communication form HQ to Regional Sales Managers to Sales Teams.

B) Consult with at least a representative sample of the sales teams if you are going to make large sweeping changes that will impact the product we are selling (and our livelyhood). Market research needs to be tempered with on the ground intel about what motivates and discourages our client base on a regional basis.

C) DO NOT make major shifts in our product without giving your sales team ample warning and training on what the changes are....we can sell (well) what we ourselves do not fully understand and believe in.

D) If you hire a lot of new sales people, you need to be better about supporting them with leads and lead genearators as they ramp. It is not kind (or good business) to hire ten times as many new sales people as you hire lead generators. You will spend a lot of resources training high quality salespeople that will either quite or be let go because they cannot hit quota or make a living.

Great place to work for self-motivated, independent people

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fresno, CA

Proswork from home office
    set my own schedule
    own my desk and my work. my results depend on my own efforts
    excellent pay!
    Not micro-managed. Free to try new things and avenues to develop leads as long as I am delivering results.
    Management team listens to my ideas and asks for my input

ConsNeed better reporting and tracking tools for my position (management is aware and new systems are being reviewed)
    Meetings need to start on time (getting better)

Worked for SolarCity? Contribute to the Community!