SolarCity

SolarCity Reviews in Washington, DC

3.8

SolarCity CEO & Co-Founder Lyndon Rive
Lyndon Rive

Pros
  • It feels great to sell something that is changing the world and helping families (in 11 reviews)

• Good experience with fast paced high expectations sales (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours and sometimes hard work maybe not pay out (in 17 reviews)

• if you are salaried, be prepared for family drama due to work/life balance (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

1 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Fast paced, profitable, & changing the world for good!

Current Employee - Field Energy Advisor  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Field Energy Advisor in Washington, DC

I have been working at SolarCity full-time for less than a year

Pros

I wake up everyday knowing that I am making a difference locally, nationally, and globally. We are growing so fast that there are great opportunities for people willing to work hard and make a difference! I got great tools day #1 to do my job. In general I get to spend 90% of my time and mental energy with customers and coworkers who pump me up and give me faith in our future.

Cons

We are growing so fast that some great, well meaning folks who believe in our mission, but need a lot more guidance, can get left behind. You really need to be on your game coming into this company.

Make sure we keep hiring people who really do have what it takes (heart, drive, talent) to keep this industry thriving for the long term. That means sometimes not hiring the best salesman in the short term to get the salesperson that cares most about quality in the long term.

Worked for SolarCity? Contribute to the Community!