SolarWinds Reviews

133 reviews filtered by
3.2
SolarWinds President, CEO, and Director Kevin B. Thompson
Kevin B. Thompson

Pros
  • Free Lunch twice a week, great benefits (in 22 reviews)

• Gym, Free lunch twice a week, a job in a tough economy - Looks good on resume (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no semblance of work/life balance, especially outside of the VP level (in 10 reviews)

• No training you have to learn on your own (in 10 reviews)

1. Great company to work for

Former Employee - Helpdesk in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Helpdesk in Lehi, UT

I worked at SolarWinds full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Family oriented environment, great employees, great benefits, stocked kitchen (drinks, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, snacks), free lunch on Fridays

Cons

Growing office. Along with a growing office came growing pains. They are expanding quickly.

Great Company and Even Better People

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Boulder, CO

I have been working at SolarWinds

Pros

Solarwinds is a very fast paced/competitive sales environment which I absolutely love and it does not hurt that the products are top notch as well. I have bounced around in my sales career and I have finally found an opportunity where every day matters and I have the opportunity to close business/make commissions on a consistent basis, so refreshing. I really enjoy my co-workers as everyone is ready willing and able to lend a hand when needed, this was very helpful when I first started and is still a big plus today - I would consider a lot of my co-workers as personal friends.

I really enjoy the numerous spifs rolled out by the leadership team which gives me a little extra incentive, there is nothing better than paying for my gas/groceries/shopping sprees/vacations with their money.

Cons

The downloads have been a challenge at times however the marketing team is always willing to listen and tries to resolves issues as quickly as possible, my manager usually has something for me to do when needed as well. The only other negative is turnover however that happens in any sales organization or at least the ones I have been a part of so not a big con but I hate to see people leave.

Advice to Management

Keep the positive energy flowing, it is refreshing/motivating when everyone is not only working hard but working together as a cohesive unit. Consider adding more sales/leadership positions in Boulder, you have a great group of sales folks here and I know I am not the only one that would like to grown my carer in this company.

Great company work for

Current Employee - Technical Support in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Technical Support in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SolarWinds full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good work environment, good management

Cons

no cons at this time

I am in love with this Company from an employee and a customer standpoint!!!

Current Employee - Renewal Representative in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Renewal Representative in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SolarWinds full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere is amazing, the culture is wonderful! Everyone here is so helpful and the training is quick and geared to have you hit the ground running!!!

Cons

I don't have any cons

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Amazing culture with a rewarding pay structure

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at SolarWinds full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great pay
    Catered lunches
    Gym/Starbucks/Arcade/beautiful facility w/downtown views
    Smart coworkers
    Very positive culture
    Company makes a point to keep morale up
    Appears to have room for upward growth
    Extremely laid back dress code (flip flops are common)
    Full benefits from day 1

Cons

Break rooms are stocked daily with mostly junk food (chips, sodas, etc.)

Advice to Management

Add some healthy stuff to the break rooms. Other than that, keep it up!

7. Interesting job, well-paid

Current Employee - Product Manager
    Current Employee - Product Manager

I have been working at SolarWinds full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

personal growth, responsibility for your decisions, work-life balance, flexibility

Cons

time-shift to headquarters, open space

8. One of the best place to work in Brno

Former Employee - C# Developer in Brno (Czech Republic)
    Former Employee - C# Developer in Brno (Czech Republic)

I worked at SolarWinds full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great people, good benefits, friendly atmosphere, interesting product, clever people around.

Cons

Solving customer issues has greater priority than developing new features, which can bother some developers.

Advice to Management

Buy more performant hardware. Improve communication between teams in different locations.

9. Fast-Paced, Challenging, Rewarding Sales Career

Current Employee - Sales in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Sales in Boulder, CO

I have been working at SolarWinds full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Solarwinds promotes heavily from within. If you're stuck in a role with no room to grow, then pursuing a career here is the right move. If you work hard, are successful, and are a strong leader, you can quickly move into management here.

Sales at Solarwinds is competitive, fun and fast-paced. If you thrive off of sales contests/SPIFs and being at the top of the stack ranking, every day will be exciting. One minute it will be the beginning of your day and the next you'll look up from your computer and realize it's already five o'clock. The Sales teams are also supportive of each other and are always willing to help one another.

Our best-in-class products sell themselves. And Solarwinds has a lot of products! This means you can just keep selling more and more - and your prospects keep coming back.

Solarwinds is growing rapidly and invests in all of its worldwide offices and people to build teams. This include free lunch each week, team building activities (dinners, bowling, billiards, go-carting), holiday parties, office BBQs, etc.

This company is made up of A-Players. If you work here, you will be surrounded by driven, intelligent, and inspiring people. And Solarwinds rewards high performers with big paychecks.

Cons

Solarwinds expects 110% of it's employees all the time. I have never viewed this as a true "con," but that means you are held accountable for your business. This is not a place where you go for 8 hours and collect a paycheck. Sometime that means working long hours or performing when you simply don't feel like it. Keeping up that pace can be hard for some, but exhilarating for others.

This is also not a sales role where you make your own hours, work remotely, or travel to see customers. This is an office-based job, and the company relies on the energy of the sale reps in the office to build teams and promote the fun and driven atmosphere. It would be difficult to create an environment like that if people worked the hours they wanted to and did not come into the office.

10. Fast growing, successful company - who wouldn't want to work here?

Current Employee - Just Promoted in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Just Promoted in Austin, TX

I have been working at SolarWinds full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Brand new building
    - Great company culture
    - Free lunch 2x a week
    - Supportive and lively CEO
    - Great pay/benefits with 401k matching

Cons

- Fast paced
    - Sometimes the view of downtown is obstructed

Fast moving company with a great culture!

I have been working at SolarWinds full-time

Pros

- Industry leading product
    - Great culture. Company provides lunches twice a week for the entire company, has a committee that is focused on coming up with quarterly activities for the employees to have fun with, they provide each employee with a membership to our onsite gym, and the CEO promotes an atmosphere that is rewarding.
    - Solarwinds provides the challenge I was seeking when I was looking for a new opportunity. It's fast paced, challenging, and a fun place to work. Everything you'd expect from an industry leader!
    - I recently completed a training course that was sponsored by the company. It was a great course that I was able to put into play immediately.
    - Upper management is committed to being the best and it shows. I wouldn't want to work in an environment that is just trying to stay afloat. Solarwinds is carving new paths and it's an exciting time to be here.

Cons

- No cons from my point of view. I've seen some comments that say this company may work too hard but I'd rather be working for a company that strives to be the best rather than settle for mediocrity.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing to be the best!