SolarWinds Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

The inmates have taken over the asylum...

I worked at SolarWinds full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You do not have to work outside, there is covered parking, there is electricity and air conditioning along with running water.

Cons

This is without doubt the worst run company I have ever worked for or with. Their senior management has only limited intellectual capacity which nicely aligns with the quality of their product. The rank and file engineers and sales folks are decent enough people, but 1st line managers and above are the very worst examples of their rank with promotions seemingly based on your level of displayed incompetence - this upward cascade of mediocrity reaches its crescendo in the C-Level suites. Their executive team gives new meaning to buffoonery with their endless supply of platitudes and open disdain for the employees.

Advice to Management

There is no advice that can be given because they accept none - they view themselves as omniscient and infallible.

A Beatdown

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at SolarWinds full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are windows and air conditioning. The building is nice and we're allowed to leave for lunch

Cons

A sales approach that was effective 15 years ago. Customer's purchasing processes have evolved but our sales approach hasn't. Social networking, emails, and relationship building are all shunned and management believes our dilapidated phones are the only tools we need to close deals. There are roughly 5 metrics you are measured against and I spend more time during the day trying to meet the ever changing goals than I do selling. My career is in sales and I'm passionate about what I do but this job isn't sales. We are pushy order takers and command 0 respect from prospects. If you are looking to become a complacent, fat and miserable excuse for a human then look no further.

Advice to Management

Evolve sales processes to align with modern times and technological resources. Efficiency should be analyzed and it would be clear that busting balls through multiple phone calls isnt getting the job done nearly as effectively as allowing your sales team to be creative and drive deals through a multitude of other venues. 50-60 calls per day is the requirement. New Leads per Day = 1-5. Existing Pipeline = 20-40 opps To meet the call metrics you'd need to call every new lead, lead and opp on a daily basis. How does this model have a positive impact on customer experience and retention?

A company that does not care about their employees...

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Boulder, CO

I have been working at SolarWinds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, 401k match, office location

Cons

Where to begin... The blatent favoritism that management shows to a select group of reps is an absolute joke. Certain reps in the Boulder office continue to get leads/opportunities passed to them, while everyone else is left to garbage. Lead volume/quality is not close to what it needs to be in order to hit your number. Micro management is at an all time high, and the incredible amount of malicious emails from management does nothing but ridicule and degrade employees. Management will ride you from 7am to 530pm... No work life balance at all, they will transfer leads and opps from your name while you're on vacation...

Advice to Management

Treat your sales team like adults (you shouldn't have to worry about leaving for lunch as a 31 year old).

Fast pace, dynamic and very intense

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at SolarWinds

Pros

Very dynamic environment, uncapped bonuses and lot of possibilities of making a killing.

Cons

Very inflexible, very low public holidays and difficult to take vacations outside the first days of each quarter.

Good pay, fun people to work with, no work life balance. Management continues to crack the whip

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at SolarWinds

Pros

Lunch twice a week. Colleagues are great. I can truly say I liked more people than I didn't. Good pay and great benefits

Cons

No work life balance. They give you PTO, but you don't get to use it. Riding people for stuff they don't have any control over.

Advice to Management

Just take a deep breath and appreciate how hard your employees work.

Beware the Astroturf

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at SolarWinds

Pros

Basics such as coffee, soda pop, candy, snacks, break room, big screen television, pool table, shuffleboard, chairs, tables.

Cons

There are no leaders. With few exceptions, department level management is insular, arrogant, offensive, vapid, mendacious, and juvenile. Middle management turnover is too fast to evaluate. Upper management has no authority; they merely implement edicts. C-level players are concerned only about stock price. The corporate model is “More, Faster.” No organic growth. Industry awards rotate according to board seats occupied by C-level. For insight, find all, then sort by Ratings in reverse order.

It is what it is

Former Employee - Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at SolarWinds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good product and lots of demand

Cons

upper management is very arrogant

9. Fast Paced

Current Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at SolarWinds full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, ability to be promoted per performance.

Cons

Time off at EOM, EOQ, EOY is frowned upon.

Advice to Management

Encourage employees to take time off.

Great company work for

Current Employee - Technical Support in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Technical Support in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SolarWinds full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work environment, good management

Cons

no cons at this time

SW

I worked at SolarWinds

Pros

Really motivated environment. Pay was good and bonuses just about each quarter.

Cons

Very cliquish work environment. If you fit in, you succeeded, if not you were kind of left on your own.

RSS Feed </> Embed