Soliant Consulting

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bob Bowers

A wonderful company

Senior Applications Developer (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Soliant Consulting full-time for more than 5 years

ProsEveryone is very nice and are concerned about work life balance.

ConsAs it is a smaller company some polices are not as well defined as they are in a bigger company.

I got hands-on experience

Intern (Current Employee)
San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Soliant Consulting as an intern for less than a year

ProsI learned a lot. Everyone was friendly and approachable. The management style was highly efficient and akin to my personality.

ConsI hope their new building in Burlingame will have more natural light.

Great team where my work and people matter

Applications Developer (Current Employee)
San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Soliant Consulting full-time for more than a year

ProsSoliant pays attention to clients, not just coding.. I like the variety of projects, I get a lot of interaction with different people, and I can always see the systems we build put to use. It was exciting to see our projects used a huge company we all know. As a consulting company, Soliant is not as high-pressure as others... I think there's good balance. I also think the company is really great about taking care of people. I had a family issue come up and one of the owners took a personal interest in helping my circumstances. I also think there are incredibly smart people at the company, but it doesn't go to their heads.

ConsNo company is perfect... I wish we had better tools sometimes. The systems we use don't always talk to each other, and the interface of our home grown system can get in the way at times. Still, we have a small company mindset and there's room for people to do stuff on their own.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep growing the business. It feels like we should hire more quickly.

Soliant's a great company to work for if you want to expand your knowledge and work with clients.

San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Soliant Consulting as a contractor for more than a year

Pros- Really great management team. I personally work directly with one of the C-level executives, and I find him really approachable.
- Great perks. I know the Bay Area is rife with tech companies that cater well to their employees, but I think Soliant really makes sure the employees are taken care of - really good work/life balance.
- No politics really, which is something I personally appreciate.

I think someone who would really like working for Soliant would be someone who is passionate about their work. It seems that individuality is also appreciated, so there's kind of a fun mix of personalities in the office.

ConsI personally don't work with clients; i just work internally. But I think that you would have to really like working with clients as a developer, or it just wouldn't be a good fit for you.

Go to Learn, Leave to Advance

Applications Developer (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Soliant Consulting

ProsAbility to Learn
Ethical, involved management

ConsInability to Advance, Strict Segmentation between planners and coders leaves nowhere to go, lots of bad plans and bad estimates

Advice to Senior ManagementHire less non-tech employees

Great people, but you must be very self directed to do well there.

I have been working at Soliant Consulting

Pros- Great Work Life balance
- Good Fun People
- Interesting Work
- Interesting Clients
- Great off-sites
- Flexible schedules

Cons- Owners are not transparent about their plans for the company
- Too many re-orgs
- No Educational benefits
- Salaries/ bonuses not up to par

Advice to Senior ManagementIn a nutshell, Soliant needs to transform into a company with goals and a direction that includes staff buy-in. To many decisions are made on the whims of the owners. Human resource decisions need to be based on policy, rather than in reaction to the personalities of the owners.

Worked for Soliant Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Soliant Consulting reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Soliant Consulting CEO Bob Bowers. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Soliant Consulting employees.