Soliant Health

David Alexander

22 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Working with Soliant

Junior Recruiter (Former Employee) Tucker, GA

ProsI had a great experience working at Soliant, I enjoyed working with the people and I enjoyed the work.

ConsI feel like I was given too much work to get promoted to position that I was hired for initially. I wanted to grow with the company and I felt like the company had a hidden agenda.

Advice to Senior ManagementHonesty is always the best policy. I felt like I got used and then discarded. I know its just business, but I took it personally because I had worked so hard and then dismissed like I didn't matter.

not the best place to work

Recruiter (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

Prosgood for new college grads, good work and personal life balance, fun office activities

Consthe pay is really not great, even when you get to a point where you are doing really well the amount of work you have to do to get there is undercompensated and not competitive with the market, company got too big too fast and is not focused on the value of the employees in office, mostly focused on the contracted employees

Advice to Senior Managementconsider raising the commission structure or at least the base pay

Soliant

Account Executive (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe management is great, they dont try to micro manage you

ConsBase salary can be higher

Advice to Senior Managementraise the salary, other AE jobs are starting off @ $35k+ and their commission is @ 15%

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Account Executive

Account Executive (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsCompany Culture is incredible. Management truly wants everyone to succeed.

ConsNot much to say here. Low Base to start but high earning potential.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep pushing towards excellence

Great company with solid people and approachable leadership

Account Executive (Current Employee) Tucker, GA

ProsClear cut processes and goals. Equal opportunity to succeed and grow your own business with sales and recruiting. Friendly teams of people and David's leadership is always upbeat and positive. Training is excellent and the tools are at our disposal to use such as great database and record keeping. In-house credential team is very good also. There is a spirit of competition, but not a spirit of greedy grabbing of other's candidates.

ConsMost managers are really past recruiters who did well in the business and started with Soliant years ago. So, they understand the culture of the company. The downside is that while they may know recruiting, not all are the best at managing the work flow and people. I liken it to a great carpenter who may not be a great building project manager. But, they've earned their wings from the ground floor up. As the company grows, it will be interesting to see whether this model changes out of necessity toward a more professional management model.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to cast the vision to the employees for success and the reach-ability of the goals.

Stellar company

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsHaving worked for Soliant over 15 years, I could share many aspects of the company that have led to my continued employment. However, the leadership of President David Alexander stands out as the single most contributing factor of the company’s success.

David is a man of impeccable character. He not only sets high expectations for his employees, but holds himself personally accountable to the same standards. His expectation of results, accompanied with his genuine interest in the lives of his staff, has led to the establishment of a performance culture where employees strive to do their best because of their personal pride in their job, and their desire to support the vision and mission set forth by David.

Although there have many changes with the company over the years, David has remained consistent in his commitment to servant leadership. Not only does he wholeheartedly support his staff, he also serves others through various charities every year.

At Soliant, strong work ethic does not go unnoticed. Hard work is recognized and rewarded. Company morale remains high. Seemingly small things, like providing free drinks, offer additional incentives for employees to strive to do their best, as they feel appreciated.
    Professional development and training is of the highest quality, and results in improving employee effectiveness.

Success at Soliant is dependent upon an employee’s willingness to support the company vision and personal motivation and dedication to the job.

ConsThe growth of a company may lead to changes in policies and procedures.
     With a home office in New York and corporate expectations funneling down to
     subsidiaries, maintaining individual company policies and procedures
     becomes a challenge. As the home office generalizes policies and
     procedures to fit all subsidiaries, lines blur between an individual
     company’s traditional dos and don’ts. The result can be a home office’s
     tendency to remain neutral leading to a culture of political correctness,
     rather than allowing individual subsidiaries to keep personal identities.
     My concern is we will become too politically correct and lose focus of
     the founding principles that made us the company we are today.

Advice to Senior ManagementSoliant’s success is a direct result of the consistency in the core values
     and principles modeled for years by President David Alexander. My
     suggestion is we remain true to the values and principles, and committed to
     the mission and vision in which the company was founded resulting in our
     current success.

"A Leading Healthcare Company"

Account Executive (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThere are many healthcare firms to work for today but Soliant is clearly the leader. I have worked for several in past years and I can say without reservation this is the finest overall. The training is second to none that is avaliable to help the new trainee to start from a strong base. Furthermore the seasoned veteran can also pick up new tid bits to make their desk be more successful. There is weekly training for the entire company that gives new insights to our business as well as taking the time to refresh and revisit the basics of our business on a regular basis.

ConsThe Drive. 20 miles from home to office takes me from 50 minutes up to 80 minutes on rare instances. But that is Atlanta traffic for you. On occasion you must deal with client candidate situations that can become tense and can cause you to loose focus of the big picture. If you can keep the broad view in focus you can work thru any issue that arrises.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhenever possible it is always encouraging to see promotions from within. I would encourage management to encourage its employees to bring ideas to the forefront and recognize those folks who do so. There could very well be an idea inside of an employee that when tested and polished could be the next cutting edge program in the healthcare industry.

best place I've ever worked

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThis company offers a positive work environment, a chance to earn a lot of commission and healthy activities outside of work. People in the office are usually friendly, energetic, and upbeat. Soliant provides unlimited coffee and soda at no charge for employees. Soliant hosts annual events for employees such as bowling, golf, kickball, cycling, 5 mile run, and more. Participation is optional if you do not like an activity. The annual December holiday-brunch-party features delicious food, gift exchanges, and company choir for entertainment. The company hires a lot of recent college graduates and has office-wide training sessions twice weekly. They stay on top of market trends and are a leader in healthcare staffing.

ConsThe work can be very challenging and require a lot of determination, mental toughness, delayed gratification, and willingness to succeed. However, sometimes your luck at getting with the right group and having a split partner on sales plays a greater role on who succeeds.

Great culture but fast-paced environment

Account Executive (Former Employee) Tucker, GA

ProsThe culture is often a reason why people stay. The organizational structure is very flat for a growing company with great people in great location. The culture is highly relational with approachable management and open communication.

ConsTraining for new hires is one of Soliant's greatest challenges due to it's fast-paced environment. If you are not an assertive person when trying to learn from others, the first several months may be very difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs the company goes through its growing pains, it will be important to pay attention to small details; and continue to foster a culture where feedback is welcomed.

Soliant is an unprofessional and unethical company

Account Executive (Former Employee) Tucker, GA

ProsWonderful co-workers, great co-workers, nice janitors, decent training

ConsThe worst managers ever. The worst commission/salary. Lofty goals that can never be reached. Zero career development. No leadership, just micromanagement and petty rules that change weekly. No warnings or timeline as to termination. One day you will show up and be fired. You find office politics anywhere but it is excessive at Soliant. Managers pick favorites and rules are bent or made advantageous to the favorites in the office. Yeah there is no cap on the commission but the commission is close to impossible to accumulate. My first commission check was around $25 and I had placed two full time workers. Soliant will provide a paycheck and serve as a resume builder. Thats about it. Oh and the Christmas party is pretty good. Make sure and quit after that.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot sure management would even know how to take advice or if they would care. Most of them are bull headed and have tenure with the company. They are not going anywhere and have no plans to improve.

Worked for Soliant Health? Contribute to the Community!