Soliant Health Reviews

Reset
4.5
Soliant Health President David Alexander
David Alexander

Pros
  • There is a strong belief in work life balance (in 4 reviews)

• Great place to start a career, work hard and the (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Otherwise, this is a great place to work (in 2 reviews)

• there can also be some internal competition between internal employees (in 2 reviews)

1. Salary

Pros

Travel job it was great

Cons

Travel job not knowing if they need you again

Here is where I fell in love with staffing!

Former Employee - Team Leader in Tucker, GA
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Tucker, GA

I worked at Soliant Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I started my staffing career with Soliant Health right out of school and worked there for a little over seven years. I started as a full desk account executive (recruiting & marketing) with no prior knowledge of the business. The training and leadership I received from the CEO and the management team was outstanding. The CEO and the VP were top notch individuals and I had the pleasure of being there while the company grew from smaller to very large after two acquisitions. The culture at Soliant is fantastic and met a lot of folks early on that helped me throughout my career there. Once you look past the individual producers who are there to get a paycheck there are some really smart people who understand the business and if you prove yourself will help you to excel at your own desk. The people who don't "make it" here are just plain lazy and don't want the ability to manage their own success. I write this because I've seen this for many years. Of course you will write a bad review because you failed. Now to be fair there is a department within the company that is a revolving door and has been for a long time. I learned some life long lessons from Soliant, leadership and my peers. To obtain a position right out of school that allowed me to be very successful is something people search for a lifetime. Its simple; they provide the tools for you to succeed with a proven model. If you know yourself and use the tools to your advantage you can make a great impact on your livelihood and career goals. After being away from the company for some time now there is nothing I would change about my time with Soliant and still recommend it to people who have that fire in their eye.

Cons

If you don't align yourself with the successful people in your department your road to success will be a difficult one. A lot of what happens there is based on trust and that trust is earned. Another con here is that being that the majority of the staff is quite young and young minded a bunch of gossip exists. My absolute advice is that you don't get caught in that mess at all costs. Its easy to do but trust me when I say this; dont get involved in that stuff. It will bite you and you wont even see it coming.

Advice to Management

My experience with management was phenomenal. Keep up the weekly training and don't let outside noise influence your decisions. Mr. Alexander and Mr. Washburn are great mentors in business and in life.

Aug 4, 2015 – Human Resources

Thank you for your kind works and honest feedback. We are humbled that you chose to start your career with Soliant and were inspired by David Alexander and Ron Washburn. We too are inspired by them ... More

3. Culture is great!

Former Employee - Account Executive in Tucker, GA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Tucker, GA

I worked at Soliant Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people and culture. Lots of ability to use prior experience to build, create, and contribute to new opportunities. They encourage independent thinking, decision making, taking on responsibility, working independently and as part of a team. They believe in work/life balance and offer great benefits. I left for a more stable position that didn't require commission to make a high salary.

Cons

The learning curve can be steep and there's not a lot of upward movement within the company. The company has grown a ton in the last year or two, which makes it's hard to keep up with all of the new employees.

Advice to Management

Try to shrink the company and make it feel like it used to feel. Growth is great but don't loose the culture and small company feel.

Jul 29, 2015 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! We've worked really hard to create and maintain a culture where colleagues enjoy coming to work. We love your suggestion about shrinking the company to make it feel ... More

5. Pharmacist Staffing Agency

Current Employee - Pharmacist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Pharmacist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Soliant Health full-time

Pros

Soliant has many contracts in more states than smaller agencies. Competitive hourly rate. Able to arrange travel or structure perdiem to allow employee to book air, hotel and car. Weekly payroll rather than every 2 weeks.

Cons

Calls sometimes not promptly returned. Once on assignment, not much follow up unless they receive client complaints. Time Sheets are manual rather than PDF or electronic.

Advice to Management

Get more feedback from employee about current assignment to help next pharmacist placed with that client.

RUN. Run far away and do not look back.

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Soliant Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Straining my brain to think of things to put here. The kitchen is nice, I guess. And they try to do company-wide outings/team-building about once a month/every 2 months. I was able to get a little over 2 years of "experience" to add to my resume.

Cons

How much time do you have? I could write an entire thesis on the cons at Soliant Health. Before I get started, I am 110% certain management writes their own positive reviews on Glassdoor with generic titles and pros in order to pad their overall rating. Notice the cons aren't ever really "cons." I would not recommend this place to my worst enemies, let alone any of my close peers. There are (a few) obviously intelligent people with a wide variety of experience in the field. HOWEVER, this is not to say that they are 100% competent. I have never been made to feel more worthless in my role at a company than I did here. One person in particular spoke and interacted with people with little to no human dignity. Every day, the department's morale seemed to go further down. He should NOT be allowed to make others feel this way. His backhanded, personal, and extremely disrespectful commentary puts undue strain on the department. The turnover rate at this company is absolutely insane. I have never seen anything like it. This place certainly left a sour taste in my mouth. The department, and consequently, the company seem to have a hidden agenda and lack SERIOUS morals and ethics.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like adults. The micromanaging is completely excessive. At least pretend like you trust your employees enough to do their job thoroughly without having someone breathing down their neck 24/7. Stop setting goals and then, as soon as they are reached, changing your mind as to whether or not that was enough to begin with. It creates a distrust with your employees. I cannot give the CEO a "thumbs up" here as I feel he is completely unaware (or just does not care) that some of his managers are completely inept. This, unfortunately, will continue to reflect upon the ridiculously high turnover rate.

Jul 29, 2015 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you felt your experience at Soliant was poor. We have worked hard to create a culture where colleagues can openly provide and receive honest ... More

This company treats a person like a respectful human being. This is night and day from my previous company.

Current Employee - SLP in Carlsbad, NM
    Current Employee - SLP in Carlsbad, NM

I have been working at Soliant Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company gives autonomy to get the job done with frequent and positive feedback. Everyone is genuinely kind. And, I have my own laptop and Ipad to do my documentation and treatment.

Cons

The commute is difficult at times. It is challenging to get 10 hours of work completed in 7.5 daily hours of allotted contract time.

Advice to Management

Thank you for being so good to SLPS. We appreciate it. And thank you for the best recruiter in the world :)

Aug 4, 2015 – Human Resources

Thank you for the wonderful words! We do love our SLPs and all of our professionals. We're glad to hear it shows through in our daily interactions with you!

Best company I have worked for in my career

Current Employee - Operations in Tucker, GA
    Current Employee - Operations in Tucker, GA

Pros

Fantastic culture with great co-workers that help each other out. We're always celebrating something in the office which helps with every day hustle of a 9-5 office job. They truly care about their employees and go out of their way to make everyone feel appreciated.

Cons

The commute can be bad since the office is located in Tucker on the northeast side of Atlanta. It would be nice if there were opportunities to work from home one or two days a week. There's no daycare in the building which makes it hard as well if you have children.

Advice to Management

Keep up the the fantastic vibe of the office even as you grow. Consider adding a daycare and/or allowing work from home days.

Is a great company to work with

Current Employee - Clinical Pharmacist in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Clinical Pharmacist in Miami, FL

Pros

Their staff is wonderful. They are always available when you need them

Cons

I really don't have anything negative to say about working with this company

10. Experience depends on your recruiter

Former Employee - SLP in New York, NY
    Former Employee - SLP in New York, NY

Pros

My particular recruiter was meticulous about keeping her word to me. If she said she would call me at a certain time, she did - even if she didn't have the information she needed yet from another party. I needed to work as a contractor, not an employee, and she made that happen.

Cons

Contacts with other recruiters at Soliant have not been good. When I responded to their ads and was fully qualified, my applications were ignored, to my amazement. This happened with several recruiters, not just one. I was very surprised they didn't contact me to say the position was filled, at the least, so that I would consider them for future work. Now that I am no longer looking for work, several of them have been leaving me messages to see if I am available. Go figure!

Advice to Management

Your recruiters need to absolutely keep their word to contact candidates and employees at the time agreed on. Otherwise, possible candidates will not trust your recruiters. When a candidate applies for a position, it is essential that at least an e-mail be sent to him/her to say the application was received and if the position is still open. Recruiters need to realize that most candidates hear from MANY companies who want to recruit them, and will ignore any company that treats them poorly.

Not a career- Great job for a recent High School or College graduate

Former Employee - Operations in Tucker, GA
    Former Employee - Operations in Tucker, GA

I worked at Soliant Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Soliant gives people who are new to the workforce a chance. Free Coffee in the breakroom. The Company events a fun.

Cons

pay is extremely low, no room for advancement, unorganized, understaffed, No incentives. High turnover rate. Soliant does not see the value in the Operations division.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees.

RSS Feed </> Embed