Solo Cup Reviews

Reset
2.6
Solo Cup President, CEO, and Director Robert M. Korzenski
Robert M. Korzenski

Pros
  • Good benefits(although theyare dwindling) (in 8 reviews)

• good people work there, that is the best reason (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is the dirty diaper (in 9 reviews)

• Senior management needs a lesson in humanity (in 8 reviews)

1. Engineer

Former Employee - Engineering Manager in Urbana, IL
    Former Employee - Engineering Manager in Urbana, IL

I worked at Solo Cup full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A great family orientated company to work for in the early years. When you reached 25 years you were given a trip to any place in the world. When mine anniversary came up, the program had been changed so that your trip was limited to the USA. I took my wife to Hawaii for 10 days. WE HAD A GREAT TIME! Thank You.

Cons

Buying Sweetheart Cup was a disaster. When I left the company was being managed by Sweetheart Managers, and the Solo Managers (who had made the Corporation successful) were being eliminated. Don't Figure!!!

Advice to Management

Now Dart Corp. needs to do what they sy they are going to do or everybody will be the losers.

2. Anonymous

I worked at Solo Cup (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nothing about this company except for years ago when there were still smart people and the ones still there are treated like garbage

Cons

Unethical management. Look in the mirror Dart, your employees have brains, utilize their skills.

Advice to Management

Empower your people

3. Solo Cup

I worked at Solo Cup

Pros

Good people, good pay, nice office

Cons

Poor Management, Poor decisions, lack of accountability, high turnover in key departments

Advice to Management

None

5. My experience was awesome. I loved my job. Yes, it's hard work but it was worth it for me, wish I didn't have to move.

Former Employee - Machine Operator in Ada, OK
    Former Employee - Machine Operator in Ada, OK

I worked at Solo Cup full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started as a product handler, loved it. Trained new hires, made them feel welcome, because when I started back in Oct of 2011, I was not welcomed. After a year I decided to become a machine operator. Loved it even more. The environment at the Ada plant was great. It's not for everyone. If you like loud noise, hot and cold environment and be on your feet 8 to 12 hours a shift and care about the product you are making for people to eat and drink out of, this is the job for you. I didn't have to deal with the public that too me was a big plus. The management I had on first and second shift was great I worked occasionally on third shift and had no problem with the management there either. As long as you do your work and follow the rules there is no problem. I wish I could have stayed, I don't believe I will find another job that I truly enjoyed as much as working at Solo/Dart.

Cons

The only thing I can possibly think of is the machines are old and need to be fixed correctly and stop trying to work around it and waste product and labor. I believe it would be more cost effective to fix it right the first time, than to just keep playing with the "adjustments" when the problem lies within the machine itself not the operator.

Advice to Management

I had great management on all the shifts I worked. The ones complaining were not doing their job, or just don't like their job. The company needs to continue to make a good product and to make a profit. If you have people that you may like as a person but are lacking in the job performance, you need to reevaluate that person and see if someone else would be a better fit. When people stop caring about the product and the company, it's time for them to move on. It can't be just a "paycheck" for them it needs to be more than that.

6. Prior to merger with Sweethart ad Dart

Current Employee - Engineering in Highland Park, IL
    Current Employee - Engineering in Highland Park, IL

I have been working at Solo Cup full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Challenging work environment but always interesting, supportive of hard work and intuitive.

Cons

Was difficult transitioning from old systems to new one. Silo mentality kept integration of information from being best used.

Advice to Management

allow talent to work

7. i was a line assumbly i help put the cups on the line in box them up so they can be shipped off

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Dallas, TX

I worked at Solo Cup part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fastfood,Cashier,prep food its some things i love to do when i am at work if thats what i have to do

Cons

um i get up set when other people is not doing they work in we all get in trouble for it

Advice to Management

well we had some nice ones in some that get did not care bout what we was up to i like the ones that was on the people that was doing good

8. 3 Ring Circus

Former Employee - Quality Assurance in Federalsburg, MD
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance in Federalsburg, MD

I worked at Solo Cup full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Production personnel, for the most part are knowledgeable in their respected areas.

Cons

Management shaky, High turn over rate. While I was there for 3 years they had a 60% turn over rate!

Advice to Management

Get some one from Dart in the General Manager Office!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Bad Management.

Current Employee - Maint in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Maint in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Solo Cup

Pros

Pay is decent. Some good people to work with. Benefits are ok.

Cons

Modern day slavery. Unethical Management. While the plant manager is ok, those right below him in the chain of command are terrible. They constantly work against him and the new owners policies.

Advice to Management

Management engages in some very unethical behavior. They promote relatives and friends over more qualified people. The "buddy system" is so rampant at the Dallas plant that you literally stand no chance of promotion unless you're from the now closed Baltimore plant. These guys do little work, and basically just show up to collect a check. Dallas plant management despises that they were bought out by Dart, and regularly slander Dart corporate up in MI. Dart really needs to get down there and clean house.

10. A very challenging environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, IL

I worked at Solo Cup full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Interesting projects. Great coworkers. Employee discount on products.

Cons

Cost cutting was main driver on all decisions. Management changed directions/strategy at every turn, making it difficult to be successful.

11. It has been ok

Current Employee - Material Handling in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Material Handling in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Solo Cup full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

That you can work any shift you want.and if you come to work you will have a chance to advance

Cons

That you have people in charge that do not know what they are doing

Advice to Management

We need a better training program

RSS Feed </> Embed