Solomon-Page Group

Be The First To
Add Photos

Lloyd Solomon

Quick to hire!

Hardware Technician (Former Employee)
Pittston, PA

I worked at Solomon-Page Group as a contractor for less than a year

ProsIf there is a position to be filled, you are in as soon as the paperwork is done!

ConsFeast or famine. I have not had any other offers despite good reviews from contractor.

On the Ball

I have been working at Solomon-Page Group as a contractor

ProsFast and effective. Was able to get me an interview in less than a day. During the Negotiation stage. They still had other offers lined up for me.

ConsSometimes it took awhile for any feedback. Negative, Positive, or stagnant. Made it hard to know where you stand when other offers come around.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore feedback and followups

Purposely lied about temp to perm job and lied to their client company

Accountant (Former Employee)
Orangeburg, NY

I worked at Solomon-Page Group as a contractor for less than a year

ProsPaid on time, accessible company contact

ConsDishonest representation of the position

Advice to Senior ManagementI was lured away from a position (company was closing in a month.) before I collected severance. The promise was that it was a temp to perm job. I decided to make the change as I had been looking for 6 months without success. I called my Solomon Page contact several times over the 3 month probation period to get feedback. I was always told I was doing well and would get the job. At the end of the 3rd month I called and said "OK, time to speak with HR". I was told that they were not done evaluating me yet. Throughout the process I continued to look for a job with another agency. I knew that anything could go wrong and I wanted to be prepared. I found another job and spoke to my supervisor at the temp job. My intention was to give them an opportunity to hire me if they were interested. Turns out there was no job and Solomon Page told them I was only interested in temporary work. They lied to me about the job and they lied to the employer about me.

SPG Intern

I have been working at Solomon-Page Group as an intern

ProsNice people in upper management

ConsUnrealistic call expectations for interns

Ok company. Not satisfied with behavior.

I have been working at Solomon-Page Group as a contractor for less than a year

ProsGood compensation. Nice client base.

ConsNot professional. Behaved completely unprofessionally on last month. Had to fight for salary.

Great for Recent Grads Who Need Experience

Human Resources Assistant/Coordinator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Solomon-Page Group as a contractor for less than a year

Pros- Fast placement.

- People here are effective. They'll interview you and, if they think they can place you, will really work with you to find you a good role. I said I was interested in getting into HR they found me a temp assignment in HR the same day. I interviewed with the company on a Friday. Received an offer on my way home. Took my drug test on a Tuesday. Started with the company on a Thursday.

- You get a nice, thoughtful cookie gram sent to your home during the holidays.

Cons- No benefits for 6 months (they kick in after 6 months as an hourly temp, but I left for a permanent job before I could avail myself of this.)

- It's all about the client (i.e. the company you're assigned to). They really don't care if you think the hourly rate is too low. They'll sell you on it, tell you it's the highest hourly rate in the industry, etc, etc. I tried to negotiate my rate and managed to bump it up one measley dollar.

-The markup. SPG gets 30% of what you make. That is, if you're making $50/hour, the company you're assigned to is paying SPG $65/hour.

- Communication is nonexistent. A friend with agency experience told me that most agencies check in with their assignees from time to time to see how they are or if they're happy in their role. Not the case at SPG. The only time you really hear from them is when you're leaving.

- If you don't work, you don't get paid. Even if you're doing full time work (i.e. 40 hours a week), you don't get paid time off or sick days (though the sick day part could change with the recently passed NY legislation regarding sick days for hourly employees).

Great Compnay to work for and gain experience

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Solomon-Page Group full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat Benefits, Nice people, Big office and different career fields to explore.

ConsNot much room for growth. Once you're in a position you may be there for a while.

Great company to work for!

Executive Recruiter (Former Employee)

I worked at Solomon-Page Group full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat management, and open door policy

ConsThere is not as much training classes, role playing from senior management

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not hire people who have not been in the recruiting world...they will sink

Great Place to Work

Recruiter (Current Employee)

I have been working at Solomon-Page Group full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat Environment, room to grow, earning potential

Conspersonal responsibility and self reliance

Run away!

Temp (Former Employee)

ProsPaid weekly
Fast response from HR/Payroll/Accounting

ConsJob abruptly ends, Misleading about temp to perm

Advice to Senior ManagementThis agency sucks. They wouldn't tell me how long my assignment would be, if it was temp to perm or whatever. I got a phone call at the end of the assignment saying that my assignment was abruptly ended, despite doing a good job. It's nothing more than a scam to get FT temps to work for cheap for these companies. They expect loyalty for the assignment but don't provide it themselves. I found out via the grapevine that my assignment was coming to an end, I hit up my recruiter and he's talking about there's nothing to worry about. I was let go two days later and gave him a I told you so. He tried to find me new assignments but I told them to shove it. Selfish bastards.

Worked for Solomon-Page Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Solomon-Page Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Solomon-Page Group CEO Lloyd Solomon. All 17 reviews posted anonymously by Solomon-Page Group employees.