SolomonEdwards Reviews

Employment Status

Reset

1. Meh

I worked at SolomonEdwards

Pros

The job was a decent one. I was a recent college graduate and the companies presented as options were all fairly big names.

Cons

I definitely felt like the recruiter misrepresented all of the job offers as being equivalent and presenting the same opportunities as the best one. The only reason I know how much different the best one was was because by pure chance I met the person who lucked out and got the position when all the others were filled. It seemed like "Oh yeah this position is great (referring to the best one)" and then (for all the rest) "I don't know the particulars but its pretty much the same as (the best one)".

Advice to Management

You will lose customers if you misrepresent the jobs you are offering to people. They will be dissatisfied with where they've been placed and the customer will notice that attitude in all of the people sent to them by you.

Had High Hopes of Success, But Failed

Former Employee - Search Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Search Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at SolomonEdwards full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Had high hopes of being successful as I was in the past within the industry.
    Decent place to start as a headhunter (or Search Consultant).
    Base salary is OK, commission plan not lucrative enough, so plan on living off your base pay for awhile.
    Decent CEO, but may not know what really happens in the offices.
    Work / Life balance is good. Expect 40-45 hours a week, though must be here for CORE hours - no work from home options.

Cons

Essentially a waste of six months of my career without anything to show for it.
    Quite a bit of Favoritism, so new employees don't get a fair shot.
    A stuggle to find new opportunities in a saturated market. They offer limited resources
    Company is the small fish in a big ocean, many other larger, more established places to work.
    IT Department runs into Network issues daily, unfortunately it may take you out of business for an hour or two.
    HR Department ignores calls and sometimes it will take a week to call you back. Very unprofessional in that department. We tried and find answers ourself vs call them now
    No improvement plan, will just terminate you without notice.
    Will not get your last paycheck. Cannot get answers to why, no call backs or responses

Advice to Management

Stop the favorite nonsense to staff that has been there for awhile.
    Make it FAIR for newer staff and give them a chance to succeed.
    Micro-management tends not to get desired results
    IT Department should figure out a more efficient system with less down time
    Build the brand, not lining managements pockets

Not What It Appears - Atlanta, GA

Former Employee - Professional Search Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Professional Search Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at SolomonEdwards full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you need a short term job and not a career, this is it.
    Benefits from day 1
    Fair base compensation
    It is a good learning environment, If you can tolerate a lot of nonsense

Cons

Management will tell you one thing, but expect another and call you out on it.
    Thick Skin is needed. If you don't have thick skin, this is not for you.
    Company business has been declining, Atlanta branch may not be around for long.
    No cubicals or offices, it is an open forum where you conduct business. Very Noisy.
    No Name Brand - SEG? what is that,
    Management claims it is a team environment, but it is every man and woman for themself.
    Daily network issues and horrible voice over IP phone system.

Advice to Management

*Be Fair to ALL team members and stop the favoritism with certain people.
    *Get a reliable network. In today's age, there should not be daily network issues. Fix it OR get a new IT department. The cost cutting methods are counter productive.
    *Provide the tools so staff can succeed.

5. Auditor

Current Employee - Auditor in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Auditor in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at SolomonEdwards full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Pay, travel, per diem, long term assignment

Cons

Long Hours, Micro Managed, no advancement, favoritism

Advice to Management

Believe that problems are on your end, not the staff...

Great opportunity to learn but expect to be treated with little to no respect after the long recruiting courtship.

Former Employee - Recruiter in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I worked at SolomonEdwards

Pros

There was a great team in this office that seemed to truly care about one another. This is a great starting point for a junior recruiter just starting out to learn from some of the top industry producers and make a lot money. The team itself is lively and fun and respetful of one another.

Cons

Unfortunately the management team does not value team member and feels justified and humiliating and harassing employees relentlessly. You need really thick skin to work in this environment and no there is no work life balance. If you take a day off or need to attend to family matters you will be told yes but the team will be told you are lazy and lack dedication and drive.

Advice to Management

Invest in your people and provide a respectful and enriching work environment. Your turnover is off the charts and you lose talented, dedicated employees by employing tyrants as Directors. Has your HR team every conducted an exit interview?? Leading by fear and intimidation leads your key talent to jump ship and take your revenue with them.

It's been a very positive experience here compared to other staffing firms.

I have been working at SolomonEdwards

Pros

Great work/life balance, realistic expectations on deliverables, strong strategy and growth focus from top down, and excellent marketing support.

Cons

There has been some turnover and bad hires.

8. Not what it used to be

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at SolomonEdwards

Pros

Great benefits, work/life flexibility, and pay are great by industry standards.

Cons

Lack of market knowledge, poor hiring decisions, and unorganized.

Advice to Management

Enjoyed my time there but managment needs to learn that every market is different. What works in one city, does not always work in another.

9. Very good place to work with decent opportunities but may have to leave for serious advancement.

Current Employee - Recruiter in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Houston, TX

I have been working at SolomonEdwards

Pros

Progressive firm with its sights set on having more than $100 million in revenues across consulting and recruiting. Overall good management and leadership.

Cons

Upper and local management can move slowly on making decisions and investing in employees. It is important that you can learn fast and figure things out.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to see more investment in more formally developing employees and providing roles for them to step up into and to have more home-grown leadership.

10. It was a very short, laborious position; A 5 year old could have done the job..

Current Employee - Data Entry (Typist) Temp in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Data Entry (Typist) Temp in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SolomonEdwards

Pros

- Possibility of a Temp-to-Perm position with benefits and stable pay
    - Experience; if projects last a few months
    - An okay start for current HS/College students
    - Pay was good considering how easy the job was.. I was paid 11.50 per hour

Cons

- Projects (contracts) usually lasted only a one week; maybe two
    - You will be discontinued if your hours exceed 40 per week (obligation to medical benefits etc..)
    - No clear response as to whether a permanent position will ever become available to you
    - Practically slave labor; no special recognition (such as a recommendation) whatsoever except a "Thanks.."
    - You are basically helping lazy employees do their job at various companies. Things they really don't want to do so they pay you to do it because "you are desperate"
    - Big waste of time and effort....

Advice to Management

My advice would be to stop acting like you are better than the applicants; because you too and become just like us at any given time. Also, do not use people like they are just good for slave labor and never give them the opportunity as a permanent hire.. It is not fair to us because after that 1 or 2 week long project is over, what do we do now? We're back to the drawing board and its not right. I honestly think you should be sued and put out of business.. Period.

It's a challenging job and a challenging environment but overall they empower you to succeed.

I have been working at SolomonEdwards

Pros

There is a relatively good work/life balance and they have a solid reputation so there is strong access to clients to further business development. SolomonEdwardsGroup also does an excellent job of recruiting talent so there is no lack of intellectual capital.

Cons

If you're not close to senior management it's harder to gain recognition.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to to spend on resources.

RSS Feed </> Embed