SolomonEdwards

www.solomonedwards.com
Profile Unclaimed

There is no better place to work.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at SolomonEdwards full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Partners, CEO and Executive Leadership are stellar. Great people and professionals.

Cons

A great group. No cons.

Keep the vision.

Very Good

Current Employee - Independent Foreclosure Review in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Independent Foreclosure Review in Dallas, TX

I have been working at SolomonEdwards full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Open door could get in touch with my recruiter

Cons

Now its hard to reach my recruiter

keep me busy

Extremely poor and unprofessional leadership with absolutely no name recognition

Former Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at SolomonEdwards full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Depending on what office and vertical LOB you're dealing with, but the Dallas and Chicago offices are great and have really knowledgable and ethical professionals with good leadership. Consultants typically have a wealth of knowledge and can provide very valuable resources and advice to clients....you're not getting a green consultant and charged as a senior consult learning on the job like the Big 4.

Cons

1. Houston Office - very unethical and unprofessional leadership (primarily driven by 2-3 individuals but is rampant thru out the office); completely incapable of operating in a team-oriented fashion with the rest of the organization and over 95% of the companies conflicts come out of this office; past comments about favortism is directly related to this office primarily, but it is rampant in most offices
    2. CEO - great salesman, but his leadership is way below par; his philosophy is "as long as you're making money (i.e. for ME) you're safe" instead of staying steady with a strategy to grow the company....making $$$ is not a strategy; refuses to deal with the issues of the Houston office as they tend to bring in the $$$, no matter how they unethically do it.
    3. Extremely low communication; although there may be projects available they aren't disclosed company-wide therefore that particular office is able to fill it with people they had to go recruit for although the company may already have someone waiting and available to work on the project; pipeline reports are a joke and communicate nothing valuable for anyone
    4. Name brand?? Who the heck is SolomonEdwardsGroup? There is no marketing efforts on a large-scale to get a recognizable name as no money or effort is put in to getting a name for SEG; constantly losing bids to the Big 4, second-tier public firms, and other consulting groups that have taking the time to get a recognizable name and brand.

Reel in the Houston leaders and their unethical practices; as people leave for permanent positions they don't forget how this group functioned and it will eventually hurt the company when trying to do business with former consultants. CEO needs to lead and develop a real strategy for all offices to focus on delivering and then communicate that strategy. Market, advertise, and market and advertise some more....nobody knows who SEG is much less what they offer.

Extremely Toxic Experience

Former Contractor - Contract Review in Dallas, TX
    Former Contractor - Contract Review in Dallas, TX

I worked at SolomonEdwards as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Worked a project with Solomon Edwards
    1. WATCH YOUR BACK!!! TOXIC contract employee politics. They don't screen who they hire creating a terrible working environment. Contract employees they hire are toxic losers who are persistently unemployed and make up for it by brown nosing and politics.

2.They lied about the length of the engagement to sucker you into coming in. Its about half as long a they tell you

3.Tons of mistakes on my W-2; Corporate background check is extremely unreasonable. Headquarter staff conducting background check was very rude and accusatory.

4. Almost no training and little conformity in the work product which lead to infighting among
    contract employees on how the work should be done.

Cons

- They do compensate fairly but it might cost you more in the long run. A small project with them might make you so disgusted that you'll be afraid to take another job.

Interview your contract employees. Train them. Stop lying to contractors about the length of the engagement.

Good company overall

Former Contractor - Consultant in Charlotte, NC
    Former Contractor - Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I worked at SolomonEdwards as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Pay was good and benefits health benefits were ok.

Cons

Employee turnover was extremely high. Advancement opportunities offered to men far more than women.

A great opportunity

Former Employee - File Auditor in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - File Auditor in Charlotte, NC

I worked at SolomonEdwards full-time (less than a year)

Pros

New acquaintances, career experience, good pay

Cons

Lot of travel, chaotic project

I believe for the most upper management was well organized. The project itself was more of the issue. I was told that if I could do that project, I could do any.

Meh

I worked at SolomonEdwards

Pros

The job was a decent one. I was a recent college graduate and the companies presented as options were all fairly big names.

Cons

I definitely felt like the recruiter misrepresented all of the job offers as being equivalent and presenting the same opportunities as the best one. The only reason I know how much different the best one was was because by pure chance I met the person who lucked out and got the position when all the others were filled. It seemed like "Oh yeah this position is great (referring to the best one)" and then (for all the rest) "I don't know the particulars but its pretty much the same as (the best one)".

You will lose customers if you misrepresent the jobs you are offering to people. They will be dissatisfied with where they've been placed and the customer will notice that attitude in all of the people sent to them by you.

Had High Hopes of Success, But Failed

Former Employee - Search Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Search Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at SolomonEdwards full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Had high hopes of being successful as I was in the past within the industry.
    Decent place to start as a headhunter (or Search Consultant).
    Base salary is OK, commission plan not lucrative enough, so plan on living off your base pay for awhile.
    Decent CEO, but may not know what really happens in the offices.
    Work / Life balance is good. Expect 40-45 hours a week, though must be here for CORE hours - no work from home options.

Cons

Essentially a waste of six months of my career without anything to show for it.
    Quite a bit of Favoritism, so new employees don't get a fair shot.
    A stuggle to find new opportunities in a saturated market. They offer limited resources
    Company is the small fish in a big ocean, many other larger, more established places to work.
    IT Department runs into Network issues daily, unfortunately it may take you out of business for an hour or two.
    HR Department ignores calls and sometimes it will take a week to call you back. Very unprofessional in that department. We tried and find answers ourself vs call them now
    No improvement plan, will just terminate you without notice.
    Will not get your last paycheck. Cannot get answers to why, no call backs or responses

Stop the favorite nonsense to staff that has been there for awhile.
    Make it FAIR for newer staff and give them a chance to succeed.
    Micro-management tends not to get desired results
    IT Department should figure out a more efficient system with less down time
    Build the brand, not lining managements pockets

Dysfunctional organization with poor management and bloated overhead structure.

Former Contractor - Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Contractor - Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at SolomonEdwards as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work can be interesting at times, but you have to define your own role and not listen to project managers.

Cons

Company is staffed with Business Development Officers and Project Managers who will promise anything to win or retain business, without understanding what they are promising or the ability to deliver on the promises. Projects too often staffed with people lacking in requisite skills, who are more concerned with when and where they are going to eat than in performing their assigned tasks.

Bloated overhead structure adds cost but no benefit. HQ staff are arrogant, do not answer phones or respond to e-mail messages, but expect you to drop everything and respond when they want something.

Not What It Appears - Atlanta, GA

Former Employee - Professional Search Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Professional Search Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at SolomonEdwards full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you need a short term job and not a career, this is it.
    Benefits from day 1
    Fair base compensation
    It is a good learning environment, If you can tolerate a lot of nonsense

Cons

Management will tell you one thing, but expect another and call you out on it.
    Thick Skin is needed. If you don't have thick skin, this is not for you.
    Company business has been declining, Atlanta branch may not be around for long.
    No cubicals or offices, it is an open forum where you conduct business. Very Noisy.
    No Name Brand - SEG? what is that,
    Management claims it is a team environment, but it is every man and woman for themself.
    Daily network issues and horrible voice over IP phone system.

*Be Fair to ALL team members and stop the favoritism with certain people.
    *Get a reliable network. In today's age, there should not be daily network issues. Fix it OR get a new IT department. The cost cutting methods are counter productive.
    *Provide the tools so staff can succeed.