SolomonEdwardsGroup

Be The First To
Add Photos

Edward Baumstein

Meh

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at SolomonEdwardsGroup

ProsThe job was a decent one. I was a recent college graduate and the companies presented as options were all fairly big names.

ConsI definitely felt like the recruiter misrepresented all of the job offers as being equivalent and presenting the same opportunities as the best one. The only reason I know how much different the best one was was because by pure chance I met the person who lucked out and got the position when all the others were filled. It seemed like "Oh yeah this position is great (referring to the best one)" and then (for all the rest) "I don't know the particulars but its pretty much the same as (the best one)".

Advice to Senior ManagementYou will lose customers if you misrepresent the jobs you are offering to people. They will be dissatisfied with where they've been placed and the customer will notice that attitude in all of the people sent to them by you.

Had High Hopes of Success, But Failed

Search Consultant (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I worked at SolomonEdwardsGroup full-time for less than a year

ProsHad high hopes of being successful as I was in the past within the industry.
Decent place to start as a headhunter (or Search Consultant).
Base salary is OK, commission plan not lucrative enough, so plan on living off your base pay for awhile.
Decent CEO, but may not know what really happens in the offices.
Work / Life balance is good. Expect 40-45 hours a week, though must be here for CORE hours - no work from home options.

ConsEssentially a waste of six months of my career without anything to show for it.
Quite a bit of Favoritism, so new employees don't get a fair shot.
A stuggle to find new opportunities in a saturated market. They offer limited resources
Company is the small fish in a big ocean, many other larger, more established places to work.
IT Department runs into Network issues daily, unfortunately it may take you out of business for an hour or two.
HR Department ignores calls and sometimes it will take a week to call you back. Very unprofessional in that department. We tried and find answers ourself vs call them now
No improvement plan, will just terminate you without notice.
Will not get your last paycheck. Cannot get answers to why, no call backs or responses

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the favorite nonsense to staff that has been there for awhile.
Make it FAIR for newer staff and give them a chance to succeed.
Micro-management tends not to get desired results
IT Department should figure out a more efficient system with less down time
Build the brand, not lining managements pockets

Dysfunctional organization with poor management and bloated overhead structure.

Consultant (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at SolomonEdwardsGroup as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsWork can be interesting at times, but you have to define your own role and not listen to project managers.

ConsCompany is staffed with Business Development Officers and Project Managers who will promise anything to win or retain business, without understanding what they are promising or the ability to deliver on the promises. Projects too often staffed with people lacking in requisite skills, who are more concerned with when and where they are going to eat than in performing their assigned tasks.

Advice to Senior ManagementBloated overhead structure adds cost but no benefit. HQ staff are arrogant, do not answer phones or respond to e-mail messages, but expect you to drop everything and respond when they want something.

Not What It Appears - Atlanta, GA

Professional Search Consultant (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I worked at SolomonEdwardsGroup full-time for more than a year

ProsIf you need a short term job and not a career, this is it.
Benefits from day 1
Fair base compensation
It is a good learning environment, If you can tolerate a lot of nonsense

ConsManagement will tell you one thing, but expect another and call you out on it.
Thick Skin is needed. If you don't have thick skin, this is not for you.
Company business has been declining, Atlanta branch may not be around for long.
No cubicals or offices, it is an open forum where you conduct business. Very Noisy.
No Name Brand - SEG? what is that,
Management claims it is a team environment, but it is every man and woman for themself.
Daily network issues and horrible voice over IP phone system.

Advice to Senior Management*Be Fair to ALL team members and stop the favoritism with certain people.
*Get a reliable network. In today's age, there should not be daily network issues. Fix it OR get a new IT department. The cost cutting methods are counter productive.
*Provide the tools so staff can succeed.

Consultant

Consultant (Former Employee)
Philadelphia, PA

I worked at SolomonEdwardsGroup as a contractor for more than a year

ProsGiven opportunities to do work outside of my scope of experience.

ConsNot enough interesting projects. Too much competition against internal departments such as the temp group. Consulting practice slowly being diluted.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop overpromising and be realistic with your employees.

Auditor

Auditor (Current Employee)
Charlotte, NC

I have been working at SolomonEdwardsGroup full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat Pay, travel, per diem, long term assignment

ConsLong Hours, Micro Managed, no advancement, favoritism

Advice to Senior ManagementBelieve that problems are on your end, not the staff...

Great opportunity to learn but expect to be treated with little to no respect after the long recruiting courtship.

Recruiter (Former Employee)

I worked at SolomonEdwardsGroup

ProsThere was a great team in this office that seemed to truly care about one another. This is a great starting point for a junior recruiter just starting out to learn from some of the top industry producers and make a lot money. The team itself is lively and fun and respetful of one another.

ConsUnfortunately the management team does not value team member and feels justified and humiliating and harassing employees relentlessly. You need really thick skin to work in this environment and no there is no work life balance. If you take a day off or need to attend to family matters you will be told yes but the team will be told you are lazy and lack dedication and drive.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your people and provide a respectful and enriching work environment. Your turnover is off the charts and you lose talented, dedicated employees by employing tyrants as Directors. Has your HR team every conducted an exit interview?? Leading by fear and intimidation leads your key talent to jump ship and take your revenue with them.

It's been a very positive experience here compared to other staffing firms.

Chicago, IL

I have been working at SolomonEdwardsGroup

ProsGreat work/life balance, realistic expectations on deliverables, strong strategy and growth focus from top down, and excellent marketing support.

ConsThere has been some turnover and bad hires.

Not what it used to be

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX

I worked at SolomonEdwardsGroup

ProsGreat benefits, work/life flexibility, and pay are great by industry standards.

ConsLack of market knowledge, poor hiring decisions, and unorganized.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnjoyed my time there but managment needs to learn that every market is different. What works in one city, does not always work in another.

Very good place to work with decent opportunities but may have to leave for serious advancement.

Recruiter (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at SolomonEdwardsGroup

ProsProgressive firm with its sights set on having more than $100 million in revenues across consulting and recruiting. Overall good management and leadership.

ConsUpper and local management can move slowly on making decisions and investing in employees. It is important that you can learn fast and figure things out.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be nice to see more investment in more formally developing employees and providing roles for them to step up into and to have more home-grown leadership.

Worked for SolomonEdwardsGroup? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SolomonEdwardsGroup reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SolomonEdwardsGroup CEO Edward Baumstein. All 27 reviews posted anonymously by SolomonEdwardsGroup employees.