SolomonEdwardsGroup

Add Photos

Edward Baumstein

Consulting

Product Consultant (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

Prosgood team work, and helpful supervision

Conslong hours and upper management don't take suggestions from staff

Advice to Senior Managementseek out consults input on assignment

Professionally run consulting firm.

Asset Manager (Former Employee)

ProsContractual assignments pays weekly for both salary and expenses.

ConsOften difficult to determine the duration of any particular assignment.

consultnant

Consultnant (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prosgreat diverse of employees and shared knowledge

Consslow advancement in the field

Advice to Senior Managementunable to locate at importnant times

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Contract work is great!

Consultant (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsSEG is great to work for when you are looking for contract work. They have a great support staff that provide you with the tools to perform your tasks as efficiently as possible. Also, they offer vacation pay, holiday pay and sick pay after you work a minimum number of hours. I've found other firms don't offer these benefits to their contractors.

ConsThere is often a lag between jobs after a contract expires and their medical plan is not very good.

Good company. High integrity leadership. Very knowledgeable about bank operations environment.

ProsVery supportive of Project Managers
    High integrity leadership
    Very active in generating new business

ConsComp levels may be a bit lower than some higher tier firms
    Administrative support isn't yet "a machine", although the support staff will do everything to assist the people in the field.
    Occasionally an absence of clarity for the contractors as to the specific priorities.

Great company to work for.

Due Diligence (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsExcellent HR staff, quick resolutions to any issues

Conswish there were more employment opportunities

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the great work

There is no better place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsPartners, CEO and Executive Leadership are stellar. Great people and professionals.

ConsA great group. No cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the vision.

Very Good

Independent Foreclosure Review (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsOpen door could get in touch with my recruiter

ConsNow its hard to reach my recruiter

Advice to Senior Managementkeep me busy

Extremely Toxic Experience

Contract Review (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsWorked a project with Solomon Edwards
    1. WATCH YOUR BACK!!! TOXIC contract employee politics. They don't screen who they hire creating a terrible working environment. Contract employees they hire are toxic losers who are persistently unemployed and make up for it by brown nosing and politics.

2.They lied about the length of the engagement to sucker you into coming in. Its about half as long a they tell you

3.Tons of mistakes on my W-2; Corporate background check is extremely unreasonable. Headquarter staff conducting background check was very rude and accusatory.

4. Almost no training and little conformity in the work product which lead to infighting among
    contract employees on how the work should be done.

Cons- They do compensate fairly but it might cost you more in the long run. A small project with them might make you so disgusted that you'll be afraid to take another job.

Advice to Senior ManagementInterview your contract employees. Train them. Stop lying to contractors about the length of the engagement.

Extremely poor and unprofessional leadership with absolutely no name recognition

Consultant (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsDepending on what office and vertical LOB you're dealing with, but the Dallas and Chicago offices are great and have really knowledgable and ethical professionals with good leadership. Consultants typically have a wealth of knowledge and can provide very valuable resources and advice to clients....you're not getting a green consultant and charged as a senior consult learning on the job like the Big 4.

Cons1. Houston Office - very unethical and unprofessional leadership (primarily driven by 2-3 individuals but is rampant thru out the office); completely incapable of operating in a team-oriented fashion with the rest of the organization and over 95% of the companies conflicts come out of this office; past comments about favortism is directly related to this office primarily, but it is rampant in most offices
    2. CEO - great salesman, but his leadership is way below par; his philosophy is "as long as you're making money (i.e. for ME) you're safe" instead of staying steady with a strategy to grow the company....making $$$ is not a strategy; refuses to deal with the issues of the Houston office as they tend to bring in the $$$, no matter how they unethically do it.
    3. Extremely low communication; although there may be projects available they aren't disclosed company-wide therefore that particular office is able to fill it with people they had to go recruit for although the company may already have someone waiting and available to work on the project; pipeline reports are a joke and communicate nothing valuable for anyone
    4. Name brand?? Who the heck is SolomonEdwardsGroup? There is no marketing efforts on a large-scale to get a recognizable name as no money or effort is put in to getting a name for SEG; constantly losing bids to the Big 4, second-tier public firms, and other consulting groups that have taking the time to get a recognizable name and brand.

Advice to Senior ManagementReel in the Houston leaders and their unethical practices; as people leave for permanent positions they don't forget how this group functioned and it will eventually hurt the company when trying to do business with former consultants. CEO needs to lead and develop a real strategy for all offices to focus on delivering and then communicate that strategy. Market, advertise, and market and advertise some more....nobody knows who SEG is much less what they offer.

Worked for SolomonEdwardsGroup? Contribute to the Community!