Solopower

Add Photos

Robert W. (Rob) Campbell

Chemical Process Engineer

Chemical Process Engineer (Former Employee) Portland, OR

ProsIt was great experience to work at solo power as chemical process engineer.

ConsCould not start production due to late installation of tools

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Too bad I can't give zero stars

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Portland, OR

ProsMy co-workers were wonderful. Most of them.

ConsI have never worked for such a poorly managed company. Their way or the highway. A lot of over-puffed egos and agendas. No one willing to do whatever it takes to get the start-up off the ground.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow up. Trust the employees you hired to do their jobs and use their knowledge. Get over yourselves.

upper management clueless

Process Engineer (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

Prossolar manufacturing training is helpful to move onto a new company. Hands on learning of solar processing steps and proceures.

ConsMustafa management very money wasteful

Advice to Senior Managementdisposal of clueless mustafa management

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst company I've ever worked

ProsThe company has a unique product and mostly good employees.

ConsWorst management - don't know how to manage the business. After 7 years and so much spent on its infrastructure they still haven't figured out how to sell the product. Most of all they don't know how to appreciate good hard work and they lie. They are the main cause of the company failing and no one has the courage to find a better group of people to run the business.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave integrity and be honest. Have more transparency and don't lie.

An Example of Poor Management

ProsGreat people doing a lot of hard work on an inspired product with lots of buzz in the industry. Lots of very creative people working in disparate directions.

ConsLack of direction, bullying, grandstanding and general disorganization on the part of management. Maybe this is the norm in a start-up, but it is not helping the cause.

Advice to Senior ManagementPick a direction, stay with it, and try to be professional. The higher up in the organization you are, the more gracious you need to be to the people who helped you get there.

SoloPower Work env.

Director of IT (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsSmall company, some great people to work

ConsTo many cooks in the kitchen and no clue what they are making.

Not a Dream Job, It Just Another Start-Up Company...

Technician (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsBrilliant coworkers (not all of it).
    Collaborative environment for the most part
    Lots of hands on experience and the freedom to do your own work.
    Opportunities to take work from beginning to end.

ConsHorrible review process, limited raises based on favoritism of upper management.
    Management and Engineering uses the word "IT IS WHAT IT IS" often and it's true.
    Lack of communication between upper management and subordinates.
    Significant lack of organization throughout the company, which was a constant source of annoyance.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake time to recognize corporate and individual achievements.
    Engage in timely and regular internal communication so employees stop learning about significant issues. Leadership needs to be better at and more transparent about treating employees. Need to address the issue of work life balance otherwise it will backfire in the long term. Need to recognize employees for their hard work.

SoloPower is an exciting start up with excellent future potential

Engineering Director (Current Employee)

ProsSoloPower offers employees the chance to develop new technologies and create products that have the potential to improve our lifestyle.

ConsSolPower is in a start up phaswe that requires employees to take some risk in that the future is not gauraneeted. The company may not exist in 5 years if the team is not succesful.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. The employees are behind you and want to see this company and product succeed. They continual reinforcment of what the short medium and long term goals and the progress to date.

Worked for Solopower? Contribute to the Community!