Solstice Mobile Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.9
J Schwan

The people and the culture rock...and the work is pretty phenomenal as well!

Current Employee - Vice President in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Vice President in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Solstice Mobile full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

After spending a few years here now, the hands down biggest pro of working here is the culture first mentality. I've never worked for a company that embodies its principles so much and hires people that embody the same principles so that they fit in from day one.

With the culture comes the perks that allow you to express yourself whether it's through the various committees we have for philanthropy, wellness or social gatherings or improving yourself using the $5,000 per year training budget that is unheard of at other mid size companies.

There are also a variety of ways to be recognized including the weekly, peer-nominated Awesomeness award. One of my favorite parts of the week is getting to read the nomination email on Friday to hear about all the Awesome things that were accomplished that week throughout the entire company.

Cons

I'm biased being a member of the management team but it truly is the best company I've ever worked for and look forward to the years ahead. The only Cons are really around the adjustments you make as a company once you grow from being a small to midsize company but if you want to be around technology and high-growth, you will eventually endure some growing pains along the way but as long as the opportunities out pace the pains, you continue to be in a better place.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on the culture as we continue to grow and expand.

Solstice Mobile can be awesome.

Current Employee - Software QA Engineer/Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Software QA Engineer/Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Solstice Mobile full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Reserved until I can drum up something for a pro other than beer, liquor, wine and occasional free food.

Cons

Reserved until I can delineate the cons.

Advice to Management

Reserved until I can construct valuable advice.

Innovative company that offers the ability to learn and grow in the industry!

Former Employee - Mobile Product Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Mobile Product Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Solstice Mobile

Pros

Great collaborative teamwork presents the opportunity to learn and grow in your career. Senior management's years of leadership and commitment to excellence provides an environment for every employee to be innovative and expand their knowledge.

Cons

None come to my mind.

A great place to be - fun, exciting, challenging and rewarding with amazing people

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Solstice Mobile

Pros

Solstice culture is hard to beat. It's an amazing environment to grow not only your career, but yourself. The work is exciting, challenging and ever-evolving and you get to do that work with some of the most intelligent, fun and inspiring people that I've ever met. The energy at Solstice is positive and you can feel that just walking through the office. Quarterly all-company meetings are as exciting as holidays and there is a standing weekly company meeting once a week so you're always informed with what great things are going on around the company. There are an endless amount of perks....like a 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' once a year where you are encouraged to take the day off and do something EPIC, and a hefty personal training budget to keep you at the top of your game. Solstice's top priority is to ensure that the employees there are happy and they do a LOT to invest in that. Had I not moved out of the country, I would absolutely still be working there - the best years of my life so far were spent at Solstice. The support and family that exists there is truly a rare gem.

Cons

Challenges at Solstice surround the same challenges that exist with any client services organization - the client work can be demanding at times, but those are the times you get to really see/make magic happen working with great people. The company has experienced tremendous growth in the last 2+ years so there will be growing pains at times, however, it offers a lot of opportunities for leadership and input into evolving a great company.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you're doing and investing in your employees as #1.

Solstice Mobile Response

Jun 18, 2015CEO

Thank you for your review. It is always nice to hear from former employees. We appreciate your input on the existing and upcoming challenges. They are definitely on our radar as we continue to ... More

Meaningful work

I have been working at Solstice Mobile

Pros

the office is in a prime location, the people are great and there is never a dull moment

Cons

check back again at later date!

Advice to Management

consider a training/on-boarding department

Great company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Solstice Mobile

Pros

Flexible hours, no micromanaging, good pay. It's great working at a company where you like everyone you work with. This is the type of company that empowers you to do your work without breathing down your neck.

Cons

From time to time, there were periods of intense workload, where the work-life balance shifted towards only work. But the work is rewarding, and you're not necessarily obligated to work as intensely as some people do (but hard work tends to get recognized).

Growing company that seeks to raise up its employees while delivering awesome apps

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Solstice Mobile full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Solstice is a fairly flat company (structure wise) and gives feedback/promotions on a quarterly basis. This process got significantly better in Q2 and looks to improve Q3 and Q4 of 2014. Each employee has a mentor who can advocate, listen and help along the way. Because of how our teams work, consultants interact with CIOs, CTOs and CEOs at very large firms. There is a push to continue to excel and innovate and improve. Solstice is also pretty good about treating employees well. Overall they don't do fixed bids projects and overtime is paid out as either cash or vacation. The employees are all really smart and work hard to get work done well. The new office is a plus. There's a gym and bike room in the building.

Cons

The interview/hiring process can be lengthy. Sometimes decisions can take up to a month after the interview.

Advice to Management

Continue to be flat and transparent with where we are and where we are heading. Continue to invest in employees and set achievable incentives. Continue to bring younger folks into projects where they will be challenged and can grow.

9. Top company to work for!

I have been working at Solstice Mobile full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The passion that employees show for their work and each other is amazing. We truly believe in 'servant leadership', and everyone is here to help each other from the entry level positions to the executive team.

Cons

You have to be open to a changing environment. We are growing quickly so there is constant change.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Change enough, but don't change too much.

10. Rewarding work with a one-of-a-kind team

Current Employee - Mobile Product Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Mobile Product Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Solstice Mobile full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are too many to count:

Open "start-up" culture
    Amazing CEO that takes the time to get to know each employee
    Quarterly peer reviews (with salary increase / promotion potential)
    Engaging projects
    TRAINING BUDGET (seriously, this rocks)
    An innovation day allowing employees to work on whatever their heart desires
    This list could go on forever...

Cons

The on-boarding process left a little to be desired

The review/promotion process could use a little definition. it would be nice to know what constitutes a promotion and what needs to be accomplished before the next review to potentially achieve that promotion

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

Don't drift from the awesome culture you have developed as Solstice continuesto grow

11. Amazing Growth

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Solstice Mobile full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company has grown so much in the past 5 years and my role continues to evolve, elevate, and advance beyond my wildest dreams. This company cares about me, wants me get and be involved and is open to my suggestions and feedback. Never worked at a place like this.

Cons

You have to continue to excel to keep getting noticed. With so many new, smart, talented people the competition is stiff.

Advice to Management

Don't lose sight of who got you here.

RSS Feed </> Embed