Solstice Mobile

QA Consultant

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Consultant
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Consultant

I have been working at Solstice Mobile

Pros

1. Positive and Energetic environment
    2. Good Salary
    3. Lot of learning - Using new tools and technology
    4. Working with smart people
    5. Growing fast

Cons

1. Long work hours
    2. Consultants don't have any breathing room.

Great company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Solstice Mobile

Pros

Flexible hours, no micromanaging, good pay. It's great working at a company where you like everyone you work with. This is the type of company that empowers you to do your work without breathing down your neck.

Cons

From time to time, there were periods of intense workload, where the work-life balance shifted towards only work. But the work is rewarding, and you're not necessarily obligated to work as intensely as some people do (but hard work tends to get recognized).

Rewarding work with a one-of-a-kind team

Current Employee - Mobile Product Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Mobile Product Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Solstice Mobile full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are too many to count:

Open "start-up" culture
    Amazing CEO that takes the time to get to know each employee
    Quarterly peer reviews (with salary increase / promotion potential)
    Engaging projects
    TRAINING BUDGET (seriously, this rocks)
    An innovation day allowing employees to work on whatever their heart desires
    This list could go on forever...

Cons

The on-boarding process left a little to be desired

The review/promotion process could use a little definition. it would be nice to know what constitutes a promotion and what needs to be accomplished before the next review to potentially achieve that promotion

Keep doing what you're doing

Don't drift from the awesome culture you have developed as Solstice continuesto grow

Growing company that seeks to raise up its employees while delivering awesome apps

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Solstice Mobile full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Solstice is a fairly flat company (structure wise) and gives feedback/promotions on a quarterly basis. This process got significantly better in Q2 and looks to improve Q3 and Q4 of 2014. Each employee has a mentor who can advocate, listen and help along the way. Because of how our teams work, consultants interact with CIOs, CTOs and CEOs at very large firms. There is a push to continue to excel and innovate and improve. Solstice is also pretty good about treating employees well. Overall they don't do fixed bids projects and overtime is paid out as either cash or vacation. The employees are all really smart and work hard to get work done well. The new office is a plus. There's a gym and bike room in the building.

Cons

The interview/hiring process can be lengthy. Sometimes decisions can take up to a month after the interview.

Continue to be flat and transparent with where we are and where we are heading. Continue to invest in employees and set achievable incentives. Continue to bring younger folks into projects where they will be challenged and can grow.

Great Culture, Great tech

I have been working at Solstice Mobile full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The place has a great culture of teamwork and fun. Everyone is a committed to the success here. The technical teams are stellar and are constantly looking to learn and exceed expectations both internally and with our customers, which is why we are growing when most companies are trying to just maintain. It really is as good as it appears here - no smoke and mirrors.

Cons

growing pains are to be expected.
    benefits could be beefed up a little more

Continue to be as engaged at all levels as you all are. continue with Genuine servant leadership as it makes a difference.

Great culture! Great team!

I have been working at Solstice Mobile

Pros

The culture as Solstice is nurtured top down and embraced by everyone here. It's a very supportive, collaborative, and dynamic place to work. This has been impressively sustained even after experience significant growth over the last 2-3 years.

Cons

Solstice is a relatively flat organization, and that's a good thing. It could be hard for some to adjust to, but it's worth it!

Keep it going!

Great Leadership, Culture, Opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Solstice Mobile full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This is a great place to work, and great people to work for and with. It's a growing company that promotes from within, trusts its people and is committed to excellence. Good management of existing accounts and a strong sales pipeline assure me that they are going to be around for the long haul, and are poised to become one of the major players in software consulting. Their focus on mobile technology is smart, focused and forward-thinking. They encourage innovation and have a culture that encourages you to have fun while working hard. The CEO is a true servant leader...he has no office, rather sits on the floor with all of us. A lot of companies talk big about their culture, and then you find out that it's just talk and the leadership is still old-school command-and-control. That's not the case here - they walk their talk and live their values. They review and promote every quarter, and have an active mentorship program and a continuing-education fund for every employee. The office is open-floor plan, clean and colorful. People are friendly and genuine. Innovation and new ideas are encouraged. It's truly the best place I've ever worked!

Cons

I have a 20-word minimum here, but not much to say. Uh...there are no non-dairy options in the free cappuccino maker?

Keep doing what you are doing!

Get Ready for a Thrill Ride

Current Employee - Technical in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Technical in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Solstice Mobile full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This is a company that employs and builds with the latest tech, but, works hard to identify what's new and upcoming so as to be pioneers in those spaces too. There's a very young, smart and vibrant group of people working here. Lots of energy and a passion for learning. Solstice supports their employees in many ways with training budgets, devices, and other generous benefits. You'll fulfill your day to day responsibilities, but you'll also be allowed to stretch and get exposure to different areas. There's a culture of learning and knowledge sharing. I enjoy that we celebrate each others successes and there's not any animosity when people are moving up in the organization. In fact, promotions are announced at company meetings, not behind closed doors, and it's a source of excitement and pride.

Cons

With great responsibility comes great expectations. The people who work here are expected to do lots outside of normal office hours whether it is blogging, participation in industry events, etc. The development teams are still a bit immature in terms of following process. I'm all for being agile, but, we will at times create more work for ourselves by trying to run too fast and not utilizing best practices to get the work done.

I feel the company is going through some growing pains. There are areas that need to change in moving from a small "start up" to a larger powerful industry leader. Some of the internal policies need to honed and while they are getting better, there's still a ways to go. I think Solstice will get there, but, it's a process...

I think it's great that upper management sits out among the rest of the employees, not in offices. They are approachable. However, I also think there's some work to be done in terms of communicating their roles and how they are going to grow the business. In fact, there's one member of the executive team who I see all the time, but hasn't really said a word to me. Although I know his title, I'm not sure exactly what he does?

As the company grows, be wary of changing the culture. It's not an easy thing, but so far Solstice has done a good job of it. I'm interested to see how they manage this moving forward...

Excited to be part of growing firm dedicated to emerging technologies and the growth of its people!

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Solstice Mobile

Pros

Consulting at its finest! You have all the benefits: large breadth of assignments, variety of large enterprise problems to tackle, ability to move up quickly, and some of the sharpest coworkers around. Yet, most staff is local, and doesn't commute to customer site!

Cons

Solstice is growing quickly so there are challenges that come with rapid growth. Strong mentoring helps alleviate this - make a point to have regular discussions!

Great organization with supportive people.

Current Employee - Director of Client Engagement in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Director of Client Engagement in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Solstice Mobile full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people make the difference at Solstice, everyone is very helpful and willing to pitch in to ensure projects run well. The flat organizational structure promotes collaboration and fosters personal development. The office and tools provided are top notch, I'm glad to have landed with this fun and energetic group of professionals.

Cons

I do not have much to add here, my expectations have been met at each step of the way thus far.

Keep up the solid work, I enjoy coming to work each day.