Solstice Sunglass Boutiques

www.solsticestores.com

Solstice Sunglass Boutiques Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Pros
  • Solstice offers a great discount on sunglasses(in 9 reviews)

• It was a great retail experience(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No room for growth within the company so many great managers and they don't utilize the inside talent(in 3 reviews)

• Extremely boring when the store is slow, hard to compete with other stores in our district(in 3 reviews)

It was a really fun part time work experience- flexible hours and a lot of autonomy.

Keyholder (Current Employee) La Jolla, CA

ProsLearned a lot re new styles, brands, etc. that helped drive and maximize retail sales for the individual store.

ConsUnrealistic sales figures that weren't reflective of slower retail climate.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more in person sales training.

Company with great potential but lacking tenacity for growth

Key Holder (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

Pros-Relaxed environment
    -Interacting and learning about luxury eyewear from brands such as Celine, Prada, Chanel, Dior, GUCCI, Tom Ford, Oliver Peoples, Givenchy, and more
    -For a retail, part time job, the company has more-than-average pay

Cons-Slow traffic (at the location in which I worked)
    -Communication from stores to corporate very limited
    -Company changed policies and promotions several times a week
    -Company didn't understand how to effectively create promotions and marketing strategy

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open to advice from the front-of-line associates who interface with customers on an hourly basis. Their advice and feedback can be essential in developing strategies that help you gain more market share over direct competitor (Luxottica/Sunglass Hut). This company has immense potential but seems to misunderstand how to elevate the customer experience in a luxury setting. Unless this company learns to focus on its current doors instead of opening others, it will continue to be stagnant.

pleasure helping customer pick put the prefect pair of sunglasses.

Stylist (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsDiscount on high-end sunglasses was good.

ConsNo room for advancement in the company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If you're looking for a break from a REAL retail company with development and opportunity this could be for you

Store Manager (Former Employee)

ProsLearning about sunglasses is pretty cool you would be amazed at all the different features and benefits. Work with some super high end brands. As a store mgr at a lower vol store you have to fight to hit 40hrs...it's just not that busy on weekdays

ConsUhhh..so freaking boring! I mean hrs without seeing customers (this doesn't include June to august) lots of lookers and people who end up going to sunglass hut because they send out lots of customer bouncebacks. My mall is one of the biggest in the city and people still had no idea abut the store and it had been there for 7 years!! District and regional are both jokes. I wanted a break from high volume real work but only lasted 6 months before I felt like I was going crazy.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company won't be around for 10 more years. Luxottica Has them beat it's just a matter of time...

Love The Store

Selling Specialist (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsI Love the staff and i love the clients who come into our store

ConsManagers think they can talk however sometimes but other than that genaral managers and president are really sweet just put too much pressure sometimes.

Worked for this company 5 years

Store Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat training you learn a lot about different brands. Great hours you get all the latest brands.

ConsNo room for growth within the company so many great managers and they don't utilize the inside talent. If your looking to be only a store manager this is this place to apply.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook from within the company those are the most loyal people you can find.

Worked from 2010-2014 Company is changing for the worst

Store Manager (Former Employee)

ProsDiscount was good, but probably take that away soon.

ConsUpper management is known to threaten numerous managers jobs on a daily basis. There is no trust within the upper to lower management, and recently it's getting worse for everyone. As a Store Manager there was no support from your District, and Regional Manager, and if you like to give your opinion.....no no no if you speak up than you'll get fired! To be honest this was such a great company when I first started, but the company literally fired every single manager that was there for over 5 years for no reason, and without sympathy or a blink of an eye....that tells you a lot about how much they care about there employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to know your employees

Alright Job but Boring

Key Holder (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsNice product. Easy day to day tasks.

ConsThe store is very small and NEVER busy. The commission structure is set up so if you make your sales goal but the store does not then you do not get your commission.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the commission structure. I sold well over my goal each month and not once did I get paid commission, lower the store goal or offer a percentage to the associate who was doing their job.

Typical Retail

Lead Key Holder (Former Employee) West Nyack, NY

ProsSmall team of 5-10 per store, fun and easy sell, customers are friendly

ConsPay is low, big sales targets for no real reward

They don't care about employees, not even a little! Told me just 4 days before closing my store.

Store Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThe discount employees get off sunglasses.

ConsEverything, but the discount. I would NEVER work there again!

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a good look at yourself, and ask yourself, would I want to be treated like I don't matter? Taking Care of Your Employees is Essential. Poor leadership practices or challenging workplace cultures will be pushing good employees out the door! Your best and most productive employees will invariably feel well cared for – respected, rewarded and secure.

Worked for Solstice Sunglass Boutiques? Contribute to the Community!