Solstice Sunglass Boutiques

Updated August 7, 2014
Updated August 7, 2014
2.8

CEO

Pros
  • Solstice offers a great discount on sunglasses (in 9 reviews)

• It was a great retail experience (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No room for growth within the company so many great managers and they don't utilize the inside talent (in 3 reviews)

• This is only for the hawaii store, all other store managers are awesome (asked employees from ofher stores) (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work

Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques full-time for more than a year

Pros

Corporate doesn't micromanage. Good base pay. Biggest selection of sunglasses in the mall. You're empowered to do what is right for the customer, even if it isn't necessarily company policy.

Cons

They always find ways to take away the bonuses. They don't give you a break down of your commission and bonus, so you just have to trust them. They are frequently wrong or paid late. Communications seem like they are written for elementary school students. What is it about Corporations that make them talk to employee's like children. TOOOOOO MAAAANNNNYYYYY FORRRMMMS!

Break down our bonuses. Stop splitting up our bonuses. If we make our month, give us the bonus!

Good experience

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Amazing discount - friendly team - very little corporate visits

Cons

This company does not promote store managers to district managers - poor communication from corporate to the stores -no marketing - high turn over of corporate leaders including DMs and RMs- and the IT department - And the merchandising team - thought this young company was experiencing growing pains when I first started - turns out it's just horrible leadership! Lots of monthly reports to submit that are redundant and useless - no HR support - I can go on and on - if you love sunglasses take the job and get your collection then leave - this is all this company is good for

Start listening to the store managers they are at the front line of your $$$$$$$ .. Replenish product faster ! You are losing big money on not have merchandise ! Actually this company will never get it !!

Solstice Sunglass Boutiques, Insight

Former Employee - Keyholder  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Keyholder in New York, NY

I worked at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company offered a great selection of sunglasses.

Cons

The company lacked many business ethics including, laying a team oriented foundation; training staff on product knowledge, brand awareness, professional etiquette; and, the focus to customer service, customer retention and client relations. In many occasions, I had to contact customers to apologize for the 'teams' behavior and their insulting comments and/or actions. The management did not provide enough training to distinguishing price vs. value and most importantly, the 'team' lacked to work together.

You must ameliorate these issues to to win the satisfactory of both, employees and customers.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stepping Stones

I have been working at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques full-time

Pros

Solstice gives you tools to control your own business. Freedom to make decisions.

Cons

Solstice gives little support to lower volume stores.

Give more support to your teams in locations other than New York, California, and Florida. Advertising throughout the mall and television will also help get the word out to boost a traffic increase.

Great Company!!

Former Employee - Stylist  in  Trumbull, CT
    Former Employee - Stylist in Trumbull, CT

I worked at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques full-time for more than a year

Pros

The discounts were great, I can say I can almost open my own sunglass boutique! The incentives and contests were great, really made the work day/ week fun knowing I could have the highest numbers for my store or district. I had two really good bosses easy to work with and talk to. If I had a conern or needed advise on how to approach customers to make their shopping experience fun and not stressful.

Cons

The only concern I had was being the only person in the store for a whole shift or day and you couldn't take little breaks and eat. It was also difficult to go to the restroom in the back because no one would be on the floor monitoring it.

Both good and bad offered at Solstice

Current Employee - Sales Specialist  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques part-time for less than a year

Pros

Solstice offers great contests (offered almost every month), I have a good boss, great atmosphere that feels rewarding and I feel that my coworkers care about my life outside of work and ok bonuses.

Cons

Solstice is not organized, took HR over a month just to hire me (very frustrating), then they took a few weeks just to get my employee number, also depending on the time, day and weather, it can be very boring.

get organized

Generic Retail Experience

Former Employee - Keyholder  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Keyholder in Austin, TX

I worked at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques part-time for more than a year

Pros

I was able to work with good people and made some lasting friendships. They standard Keyholder position that they give to most employees looks better on a resume than just sales. Good discounts, and good incentives when in effect. Decent hourly rates for a retail position.

Cons

Not many opportunities for upward movement.

Store Manager

I have been working at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques full-time

Pros

Sundays Off, Not much operational stuff to do

Cons

They don't have Assistant Managers on the full price stores. They are always short of employees. Corporate never gets back to you.

None

Emotional moody DM

Current Employee - Key Holder  in  Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Key Holder in Tucson, AZ

Pros

Great discount.. That's about it.

Cons

I realized that I couldn't possibly have a career with this company after watching the DM interact with my store manager.. I have never seen the kind of malicious and hateful behavior that this woman displayed.. It was like watching some one give a pit bull a bone.. The DM obviously doesn't believe in mentoring and teaching someone how to be the best that they can be. She would rather bully and intimidate, and hope that the minions fall in line, than take time to train coach and build a successful team. Our DM is snarky, rude, and acts out of emotions, rather than taking the time to be a true team leader.

Take the time to mentor, to be a role model. Take the time to be someone your workers respect rather than fear.. Be good to the people that care.

Decent pay, slow business

I have been working at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques

Pros

Decent pay
    Doesnt get too busy

Cons

Often only one person coverage. Not a lot of hours available.

Solstice Sunglass Boutiques Photos

Entrance to a Solstice Sunglass Boutique in Corte Madera, CA
inside the store

+ Add Photo

Worked for Solstice Sunglass Boutiques? Contribute to the Community!