Solstice Sunglass Boutiques

www.solsticestores.com

Solstice Sunglass Boutiques Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Pros
  • Solstice offers a great discount on sunglasses (in 9 reviews)

• It was a great retail experience (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No room for growth within the company so many great managers and they don't utilize the inside talent (in 3 reviews)

• This is only for the hawaii store, all other store managers are awesome (asked employees from ofher stores) (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Company!!

Stylist (Former Employee) Trumbull, CT

ProsThe discounts were great, I can say I can almost open my own sunglass boutique! The incentives and contests were great, really made the work day/ week fun knowing I could have the highest numbers for my store or district. I had two really good bosses easy to work with and talk to. If I had a conern or needed advise on how to approach customers to make their shopping experience fun and not stressful.

ConsThe only concern I had was being the only person in the store for a whole shift or day and you couldn't take little breaks and eat. It was also difficult to go to the restroom in the back because no one would be on the floor monitoring it.

Good experience

Store Manager (Former Employee)

ProsAmazing discount - friendly team - very little corporate visits

ConsThis company does not promote store managers to district managers - poor communication from corporate to the stores -no marketing - high turn over of corporate leaders including DMs and RMs- and the IT department - And the merchandising team - thought this young company was experiencing growing pains when I first started - turns out it's just horrible leadership! Lots of monthly reports to submit that are redundant and useless - no HR support - I can go on and on - if you love sunglasses take the job and get your collection then leave - this is all this company is good for

Advice to Senior ManagementStart listening to the store managers they are at the front line of your $$$$$$$ .. Replenish product faster ! You are losing big money on not have merchandise ! Actually this company will never get it !!

Great place to work

Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsCorporate doesn't micromanage. Good base pay. Biggest selection of sunglasses in the mall. You're empowered to do what is right for the customer, even if it isn't necessarily company policy.

ConsThey always find ways to take away the bonuses. They don't give you a break down of your commission and bonus, so you just have to trust them. They are frequently wrong or paid late. Communications seem like they are written for elementary school students. What is it about Corporations that make them talk to employee's like children. TOOOOOO MAAAANNNNYYYYY FORRRMMMS!

Advice to Senior ManagementBreak down our bonuses. Stop splitting up our bonuses. If we make our month, give us the bonus!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stepping Stones

ProsSolstice gives you tools to control your own business. Freedom to make decisions.

ConsSolstice gives little support to lower volume stores.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more support to your teams in locations other than New York, California, and Florida. Advertising throughout the mall and television will also help get the word out to boost a traffic increase.

Both good and bad offered at Solstice

Sales Specialist (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsSolstice offers great contests (offered almost every month), I have a good boss, great atmosphere that feels rewarding and I feel that my coworkers care about my life outside of work and ok bonuses.

ConsSolstice is not organized, took HR over a month just to hire me (very frustrating), then they took a few weeks just to get my employee number, also depending on the time, day and weather, it can be very boring.

Advice to Senior Managementget organized

Sold us scratched glasses in Tyson mall

ProsVery easy to buy from them. They have good variety of glasses and brands which are sold in ZIP-LOCKS rather than boxes

ConsThe sale person was so rude, she was angry and kept yelling, she sold us scratched glasses that we haven't used. I was in situation as I am the guilty one not a customer not satisfied with the glasses

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have to hire good people not trash unless you kniw sell trash goods and you need ANYBODY to sell them

Generic Retail Experience

Keyholder (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsI was able to work with good people and made some lasting friendships. They standard Keyholder position that they give to most employees looks better on a resume than just sales. Good discounts, and good incentives when in effect. Decent hourly rates for a retail position.

ConsNot many opportunities for upward movement.

Store Manager

Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsSundays Off, Not much operational stuff to do

ConsThey don't have Assistant Managers on the full price stores. They are always short of employees. Corporate never gets back to you.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Emotional moody DM

Key Holder (Current Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsGreat discount.. That's about it.

ConsI realized that I couldn't possibly have a career with this company after watching the DM interact with my store manager.. I have never seen the kind of malicious and hateful behavior that this woman displayed.. It was like watching some one give a pit bull a bone.. The DM obviously doesn't believe in mentoring and teaching someone how to be the best that they can be. She would rather bully and intimidate, and hope that the minions fall in line, than take time to train coach and build a successful team. Our DM is snarky, rude, and acts out of emotions, rather than taking the time to be a true team leader.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to mentor, to be a role model. Take the time to be someone your workers respect rather than fear.. Be good to the people that care.

Decent pay, slow business

ProsDecent pay
    Doesnt get too busy

ConsOften only one person coverage. Not a lot of hours available.

Worked for Solstice Sunglass Boutiques? Contribute to the Community!