Solstice Sunglass Boutiques

Updated January 23, 2015
Updated January 23, 2015
2.8

CEO

Pros
  • Solstice offers a great discount on sunglasses (in 12 reviews)

• Discount was good, but probably take that away soon (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • No room for growth within the company so many great managers and they don't utilize the inside talent (in 3 reviews)

• This is only for the hawaii store, all other store managers are awesome (asked employees from ofher stores) (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Sales Associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Vacaville, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Vacaville, CA

I worked at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques part-time (more than a year)

Pros

They treat their employes very well, and offer many opportunities to grow in the company. Corporate is very organized and professional.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about this company. They have always treated me with respect, and been mindful of my beliefs and values.

Keep up the good work, and the incentives really do work!

Good environment, but....

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques

Pros

Great team. DM is awesome. Good discounts. Pretty easy as far as retail goes. The hourly pay is the best in the mall, often more than $3.00 an hour more than other retailers... I really love my job with one exception.... when it comes to bonuses....

Cons

They are always finding ways to pay less bonus. They have all of these rules around bonuses. If you make goal, you qualify for bonus. But if you don't increase your conversion 10% over LY, you don't get a part of it. So out of the 1.5% you might get 25% of that, even if you're up 100% over plan. So dumb. By that logic, eventually you would have to hit 100% conversion. Same with Contests. Takes forever to pay them out! Bonuses are often 2 months late. So you really never know if you're being paid what you should get. You don't get a break down of your commissions or bonuses. They won't give you one either.

Wayyyy to much paperwork. Why do we need to print the daily flash, daily KPI, daily traffic, traffic vs. conversion, brand reports, associate kpi, etc for the entire company every day? Why do have to spend so much time trying to figure out what we would have done if we had 5 more customers.

Stop messing with our bonuses. If we make plan, give it to us and stop trying to find ways to take it back. Don't be petty. Stop focusing on "what if's" and focus on moving forward.

It is a good company to work for.

Current Employee - Keyholder
    Current Employee - Keyholder

I have been working at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques

Pros

Good atmosphere. Nice coworkers and supervisor. Not a lot of maintenance .

Cons

Not enough hours. It can get a little boring. The store does not get much business.

Working at Solstice can be fun

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

I worked at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques

Pros

Employees are very nice and the environment is not very stressful.

Cons

Very little room for growth and salary is poor.

OK

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Awesome Staff and Management. Designated jobs keep everything in order .

Cons

Store management and Corporate management on completely different pages.

Let go off the lazy employess , reward and keep the good ones! not the other way around

Overall good experience

Former Employee - Selling Specialist in Sunrise, FL
    Former Employee - Selling Specialist in Sunrise, FL

I worked at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Pay is higher than minimum wage. Loved the employee discounts. They offered incentives and monthly contests. Management was always making sure that your knowledge of merchandise was up to date. Compared to my past experience in retail, working at a sunglass store was the best! Did not have to stay super late after closing

Cons

After the store manager had to leave, it took them forever to find a replacement. Management was a bit chaotic. You will always have people who will steal your sale! Management pushed way too much on reaching sales goal when it was not unattainable due to lack of customers. Black out dates are such a pain!! Hours given were cut short to 4-5 hours per selling specialist.

Although pay is higher than minimum wage, selling specialists deserve a higher pay. Black out dates during summer is a little unreasonable. Would like to go back working longer shifts.

Overall An Awesome Job

I have been working at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent discount on sunglasses; chance to bonus; raises occur almost yearly; luxury environment; sales oriented without too much pressure; great training that's very informational; chance to move up in the company/hires from within often; accommodating to your schedule.

Cons

While the ability to bonus is possible, it can be very hard for lower performing stores; communication with higher management is often lagging as they do not often get back to you within a decent amount of time. Changes that need to be made in the stores can often be slow moving. Disputes with higher management often leads to the quitting of many store managers.

Allow for better opportunities to bonus; a free pair of sunglasses a year would be nice too.

Sinking ship

I have been working at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great product, Amazing discount, great medical benefits

Cons

There is no work -life balance with the company at all .You eat, sleep and dream about this company . When you get hired they talk about how family is important and its a familia... its not . Over the years i seen this company go from worse to nightmare. The amount of paperwork that's involved every week and month is just plain redundancie and there is not enough hours alloted to complete all the document forms they want you to fill out . Register system is outdated and not up to par with todays technology . The only way to make monthly bounce is if your above or at your conversion% goal which is pretty slim to none and the policies are always changing making it harder all the time to make a bounce. They make you fearful of your job on a daily bases if there is no improvment and then your going on a action plan which is a nicer way of saying your getting written up .

To SAFILO Italy you should really evaluate your employees of your coporate office in NYC and New Jeresy to see if they really know what they are doing. You have a SVP who has been with the company for over 7 years going on 8 . For someone who has only made 1 year out 7 should raise a red flag . Your RM's , DM's , Manager's and Key Holders are dropping off left and right due to the fustration of the lack of communication

No career here, but fun for college job

Current Employee - Key Holder
    Current Employee - Key Holder

I have been working at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Discounts are really good for luxury sunglasses, awesome team of key holders and sales specialists, No full time for Key holders

Cons

upper management does not listen to your requests when there are issues in the stores, slow & boring because you often work alone because corporate won't give hours for overlapping shifts, challenges with getting new inventory- don't receive what is on the marketing

Stop micromanagement & listen to the opinions/requests of store managers

Selling Specialist

Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques part-time (less than a year)

Pros

It was good pay for a high school student. Work was super easy if you like selling. Quiet and professional atmosphere. I enjoyed dressing up for work.

Cons

Was not in the best location for selling luxury items. It was definitely a challenge some times to convince someone to purchase a $500.00 pair of sunglasses that costs $2.00 to make. Customer TO was really slow so there was a lot of time cleaning glasses and standing around. I spent time reviewing WTD MTD YTD sales and making personal goals.

I would have liked a pay increase. I did a lot of work for min wage.

Solstice Sunglass Boutiques Photos