Solstice Sunglass Boutiques

Updated October 13, 2014
Updated October 13, 2014
2.9

CEO

Pros
  • Solstice offers a great discount on sunglasses (in 10 reviews)

• Discount was good, but probably take that away soon (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • No room for growth within the company so many great managers and they don't utilize the inside talent (in 3 reviews)

• This is only for the hawaii store, all other store managers are awesome (asked employees from ofher stores) (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Selling Specialist

Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques part-time (less than an year)

Pros

It was good pay for a high school student. Work was super easy if you like selling. Quiet and professional atmosphere. I enjoyed dressing up for work.

Cons

Was not in the best location for selling luxury items. It was definitely a challenge some times to convince someone to purchase a $500.00 pair of sunglasses that costs $2.00 to make. Customer TO was really slow so there was a lot of time cleaning glasses and standing around. I spent time reviewing WTD MTD YTD sales and making personal goals.

I would have liked a pay increase. I did a lot of work for min wage.

No career here, but fun for college job

Current Employee - Key Holder
    Current Employee - Key Holder

I have been working at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Discounts are really good for luxury sunglasses, awesome team of key holders and sales specialists, No full time for Key holders

Cons

upper management does not listen to your requests when there are issues in the stores, slow & boring because you often work alone because corporate won't give hours for overlapping shifts, challenges with getting new inventory- don't receive what is on the marketing

Stop micromanagement & listen to the opinions/requests of store managers

Training store manager

I worked at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques

Pros

Great selection of product. Great discount.

Cons

Lack of advancement unless you are willing to relocate. Work alone often. Payroll doesn't support double coverage.

Great company, a lot of growth if you show the interest

Current Employee - Store Manager in White Plains, NY
    Current Employee - Store Manager in White Plains, NY

I have been working at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Bonus, hours, pay if you are successful your pay check shows it

Cons

Slow periods during the year that you may not see much traffic, some days a lot of returns and not enough sales to bring you back into the positive. It can be frustrating.

Earn bonus regardless of making month

More bad than good!

Former Employee - Key Holder in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Key Holder in New York, NY

I worked at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Average Pay, nice bonuses if you get them, and good discounts on sunglasses

Cons

Always short staffed, unrealistic long term goals and selling goals, upper management constantly trying to get rid of people for the most minuet mistakes, the DMs lack of respect, rampant favoritism and disrespect to management and staff. No sense of team work or team building. Overall the company doesn't value their employees views or opinions

My best advice when you see droves of people quitting take a hint.

Mirage

I worked at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques

Pros

The discount is awesome. The contest and spiffs are good as well. The designers they company houses is good as well if your really into fashion.

Cons

The DM is horrible. DM doesn't answer phone or responds to emails when needed. The company doesn't hire from with in and they over look good workers. When replenishment is needed, it doesn't make it on time. The company is really secretive and you will not know anything until last min. Turn over rate is horrible.

Listen to the employees.

Solstice Sunglass Boutiques, Insight

Former Employee - Keyholder in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Keyholder in New York, NY

I worked at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company offered a great selection of sunglasses.

Cons

The company lacked many business ethics including, laying a team oriented foundation; training staff on product knowledge, brand awareness, professional etiquette; and, the focus to customer service, customer retention and client relations. In many occasions, I had to contact customers to apologize for the 'teams' behavior and their insulting comments and/or actions. The management did not provide enough training to distinguishing price vs. value and most importantly, the 'team' lacked to work together.

You must ameliorate these issues to to win the satisfactory of both, employees and customers.

Good experience

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Amazing discount - friendly team - very little corporate visits

Cons

This company does not promote store managers to district managers - poor communication from corporate to the stores -no marketing - high turn over of corporate leaders including DMs and RMs- and the IT department - And the merchandising team - thought this young company was experiencing growing pains when I first started - turns out it's just horrible leadership! Lots of monthly reports to submit that are redundant and useless - no HR support - I can go on and on - if you love sunglasses take the job and get your collection then leave - this is all this company is good for

Start listening to the store managers they are at the front line of your $$$$$$$ .. Replenish product faster ! You are losing big money on not have merchandise ! Actually this company will never get it !!

Stepping Stones

I have been working at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques full-time

Pros

Solstice gives you tools to control your own business. Freedom to make decisions.

Cons

Solstice gives little support to lower volume stores.

Give more support to your teams in locations other than New York, California, and Florida. Advertising throughout the mall and television will also help get the word out to boost a traffic increase.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Corporate doesn't micromanage. Good base pay. Biggest selection of sunglasses in the mall. You're empowered to do what is right for the customer, even if it isn't necessarily company policy.

Cons

They always find ways to take away the bonuses. They don't give you a break down of your commission and bonus, so you just have to trust them. They are frequently wrong or paid late. Communications seem like they are written for elementary school students. What is it about Corporations that make them talk to employee's like children. TOOOOOO MAAAANNNNYYYYY FORRRMMMS!

Break down our bonuses. Stop splitting up our bonuses. If we make our month, give us the bonus!

Solstice Sunglass Boutiques Photos