Solstice Sunglass Boutiques

Updated August 7, 2014
Updated August 7, 2014

2.8

CEO

Pros
  • Solstice offers a great discount on sunglasses (in 9 reviews)

• It was a great retail experience (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No room for growth within the company so many great managers and they don't utilize the inside talent (in 3 reviews)

• This is only for the hawaii store, all other store managers are awesome (asked employees from ofher stores) (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Favorite retail job ever!

Current Employee - Full Time Key Holder  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Full Time Key Holder in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Loved the management team, exciting place to work when store is making numbers.

Cons

slow season August-November very boring

Boring

Current Employee - Key Holder  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Key Holder in Chicago, IL

Pros

If you're looking for a job that requires very minimal responsibility, this is perfect! The company is extremely micro-managed and the clients coming in the store are coming in specifically for sunglasses so selling is simple.

Cons

Extremely boring. If you're used to a retail environment and are looking for a break, this is perfect. But you will get cabin fever.

Solstice/Safilo have to look at the big picture and realize that Luxottica/Sunglass Hut almost monopolize the sunglass industry. I don't see Solistice/Safilo surviving in the long run.

Sales associate

Pros

Great discounts on sunglasses
    They have lots of contests for employees to win sunglasses

Cons

Very little hours.
    If you try to move up. Try a different job.
    The manager I was working at. Was super lazy
    Never listened to her employees

They act like try will promote you but it's all lies.
    You have to request time off months ahead when in reality your allowed two weeks notice. I don't know why we had to ask months in advance.
    Manager hated working Sundays so she made everyone else work.

Get a better manager for the location I was working for

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Laid back

Current Employee - Selling Specialist
    Current Employee - Selling Specialist

Pros

discounts! quiet mall, nice people

Cons

customers, not enough hours, quiet, stand all day

Simple, fun, and good pay

Current Employee - Key Holder  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Key Holder in San Diego, CA

Pros

I absolutely love my job at solstice, I'm currently a Key Holder and it's by far one of the most straight forward jobs that I've ever had. It's a very fun environment to work in and the customers are usually very friendly if you get them into the groove of trying stuff on and talking story with them. For a first time retail job this is a very great company to work for; the discounts are amazing, there's always awesome contests with great spiffs/payouts, solstice will give you great product knowledge and amazing training to succeed as a sales person. If you're in a high volume store the commission pay it is very great, yet it's hard to achieve in lower volume locations. All of the employees in this company that I've spoken to/dealt with have all been very pleasant and awesome people. Solstice is a very fun, up-beat place to work and is a great place to grow in sales. The benefits at Solstice are very amazing, straight forward and easy to obtain if eligible.

Cons

I think the cons of the Solstice Company is for one how closed minded they are to outside input; be it from management or employees. They do hold very high standards that're hard to obtain at times in lower volume establishments. My biggest issue is the trackers that are installed in the stores, they are almost always inaccurate. Besides them being inaccurate, a store will usually get penalized for low conversion rates even if they have a high sales dollar point and the higher authority will usually ask us "Why" for these CVR numbers, when there's really no truthful answer we can give them other than some sort of bull that gets pulled out of no where.
    The commission in this company is very difficult to achieve in lower volume stores, which can be very frustrating. Though when working in lower volume locations you do get paid a higher dollar hourly. I feel as though the company should cater a bit more to the commission rates by the volume of every store rather than all stores as a whole.
    There's not much room for growth with solstice, but with the little room that there is in the company I think if you try hard and put effort into what you're doing then you can easily move up with the company.

My advice to the upper management would be to put more faith in their workers and store managers. Give them the time of day to reach out to you and let them give their out look on what can be done to improve business because a lot of what they have to say is very detrimental (in my opinion) to the company, since they are the ones that're on the floor 5 days a week, training, selling, doing what they have to do to keep the store up, running, above and beyond company standards. There's a lot of good ideas to be heard out there, take some time to hear them out.
    On another note for the store level managers, keep up the good work and keep being awesome ;]

Ehh.

Pros

Very flexible with your schedule.

Cons

Management tend to take advantage of their employees.

Appreciate your employees as they are the foundation of your store.

A great learning experience

Current Employee - Training Store Manager
    Current Employee - Training Store Manager

Pros

Great products and structured operations

Cons

Poor communication between upper management and Field.

This is a great place to get your foot in the door, but has very little opportunity for advancement

The company is changing and not in a good way.

Former Employee - Keyholder
    Former Employee - Keyholder

Pros

Product- You sell Dior, Gucci and Tom Ford Amazing brands.
    Clients- I had the most amazing guest that have followed me to a different Company.
    Training

Cons

If you aren't A model look good luck getting hired. The west/ south central district is a mess.

Stop letting upper level management be so closed minded. They now throw around the statement " They aren't the look of solstice". Its sad very sad. They are missing out on great people who sell well because they aren't the look. Take care of you people especially people who take care of your store because you can't keep a manager in position.Get west/ south central district into shape. Whether Its the upper level management or employees you will never get ahead with closed minded management and employees who are the look sit in the backroom or give Bad customer service.

Company is good to start off at

Current Employee - Keyholder  in  Farmington, CT
    Current Employee - Keyholder in Farmington, CT

Pros

If management is good, the store is organized, good sales, you learn a lot
    great discount

Cons

Close the store without notice

Don't take advantage of your employees

I learned a lot about high end sunglasses. Unfortunately I was needing Full time and took another job.

Pros

Happy Environment. Very knowledgeable team. Everyone gets along and is passionate.

Cons

Nothing negative about this company.

Keep up the excellent work.

Worked for Solstice Sunglass Boutiques? Contribute to the Community!